• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Fatal 4 Way - The Miz (c) vs. R-Truth - United States Championship

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
14746068.jpg

Just days before the inaugural Fatal 4-Way pay-per-view, The Miz snatched away the United States Championship from R-Truth in a Fatal 4-Way Match on Raw, which included Zack Ryder and John Morrison. The victory began Miz’s second reign as United States Champion. (PHOTOS)

Undaunted by his loss, on that same night, Truth quickly invoked his rematch clause to try to regain the coveted title he held for just a few short weeks.

The raging rapper first seized the opportunity of a lifetime when WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart abdicated the U.S. Title to assume the hefty role of Raw General Manager. The “Hit Man” made it his priority to determine the new, undisputed bearer of the championship. The Excellence of Execution selected Truth to compete in a high stakes bout with Miz (whom Hart himself defeated to commence his brief yet momentous reign). One Lie Detector and pinfall later, “what’s up” was R-Truth’s arm, raised high in celebration as he snared the greatest accolade of his career.

Granted Miz’s most recent win against Truth came in a bout involving multiple Superstars, he’ll most likely tell you that holding the prestigious title is all that matters.

This Sunday, they’ll go one-on-one to even the score in their third encounter. Who will leave Long Island’s Nassau Coliseum proudly toting the United States Championship? Tune in live to the first-ever Fatal 4-Way pay-per-view, live this Sunday.

Very interesting how the WWE decided to allow the Miz to recapture the US Title just before the PPV. Maybe Truth wasn't drawing enough for WWE upper management. Maybe he WAS drawing and the WWE felt that he would draw more for trying to RECAPTURE the title instead of DEFENDING it. Maybe the WWE just wanted to make our heads spin again and keep the unpredictability factor in play.

Either way, now I want to see this match, even though it was just announced. What about you guys? Thoughts?

I think this match could very well become incredibly good, as I said in the diva thread, if there's not gonna be more matches on the card, it could be a great lengthy match.

I feel that The Miz needs to retain this one, because it would kill his credibility a little bit if he does not, and the brief title reign wouldn't make any sense, as opposed to just having the championship match at this Pay Per View.

But in the end, both could really win this one, but I would much rather watch The Miz come out as champion, let him defend it more often this time.

Fuck yeah I wanna see this match. I can't tell you how much I hated the Miz when he first appeared, now he's one of the best things WWE has got! That's fucking insane!
Whom ever decided to hang on to this guy deserves a raise, a Bently, and a new vacation home in Hawaii. The Miz is only going to get better, and become a bigger star. R-Truth is also great. I bet this will be the match to beat this Sunday. IT's going to be......AWESOME!!!!! lol

Another Miz win here, right? I'd certainly think so. Although, not sure why they just didn't have the match from Raw with a few minutes added to it on Sunday instead of this. It would've made more sense, right? I'm not crazy, am I?

This should be decent enough though. Miz is a little hit or miss when it comes to in ring work, but you can always count on Truth to be at least mildly entertaining. They may continue for a few weeks after this, which is just fine. US Title scene is looking just dandy at the moment.

Im a fan of lengthy title reigns...so to see R-Truth lose it on Monday isnt a positive to me. Personally I think the Miz shouldve never lost it in the first place. Bret Hart winning it was unecessary. However I do see this match being pretty good. The 4-way match on Raw really shouldve happened at the PPV considering the PPV's name is FATAL FOURWAY!! But I digress. Raw did bring up one interesting tid-bit.

Definatly wondering what role Morrison is going to have in the match. YOu gotta believe all that emotion he displayed on Raw had to be done for a reason.....I smell heel turn on R-Truth. Which would make the match more of a backdrop then a stage. We will see.

I want Miz Truth and Morrison to all fued over the title. WWE needs to make up for Miz's appauling first reign if they think he could be a real superstar in the making.

There's no way The Miz will lose this one. He's finally back on track as far as being pushed goes, and he is one of Raw's top heels. It was cool to see Truth be US champ for a while, but there's now way he's going to beat Miz in this one. I expect this to be a solid match, and it probably won't be given too much time.

Miz retains here, and I expect him to hold on to the belt for a long time.

What a fuckin weird way we ended up at this one. I have zero clue who might win this, or why they went this way, at all. I suppose Truth could win it back, snd the match on monday was just to pique peoples interest in possible Fatal 4-way title changes? I suppose that is what I will go with. An R-Truth title reign followed by a feud with Jericho would be great, so here is hoping that is the way they go with it.

This is kind of random.... Oh, let's give the fatal fourway US title match away for free on Raw and give them on PPV a rematch of a match we just saw for free a couple of weeks ago on Raw.... Come on, creative! How about you come up with a good idea for once?

Rants aside.... should be a decent match. Miz just got the belt back, so he had better win here. If Truth wins then that renders Miz's recent title win absolutely pointless. There are few things worse than pointless title reigns. I think that Miz could have another good long reign like he had last time, and it needs to start with a victory against R-Truth on sunday. Truth WOULD have more to gain from a victory, but not when Miz only JUST got the title. I'm not expecting anything too great out of the match itself, although I definitely bet that Miz will retain, unless we are in for another pointless title reign.... Goodness I hope not.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
The Miz will retain the United States Championship.

I have no idea how this one is going to turn out. If Truth would have retained on RAW, I might have picked the Miz to beat him. Now that Miz is the champion, I expect him to retain by disqualification. I suppose Miz will feud with Morrison after this but it's anybody's guess. Truth has been improving lately so I expect it to be a decent match that should get a good amount of time since there's really not much else.

Miz will retain here although I won't be two suprise if R Truth actually does win back the title. The reason why I say I won't be two suprise is because The Miz really doesn't need the title to get over since he is probably one of the top heels on the brand. But I wouldn't really see him dropped the belt since he just won it. But yeah should be a good competive match if given a good amount of time.

im pulling for the miz to win, like others said it would be stupid and make miz look weak if he were to lose the title so quickly. i see him moving on to feud with someone else, if anything morrison, also like others i want him to have a better reign than last time

This is tough. Truth lost the belt, kinda out of nowhere, so it would be odd for him to lose here. At the same time, however, Miz just won it and there's no way he could lose it again this early. I think Miz will win here, even though I have no idea why the title change couldn't have waited until the PPV.

Another title match that could've used the Fatal 4 Way treatment. The United States Championship got tossed before the ppv from R Truth back to The Miz. Now I don't have a problem with the Miz getting the gold back and all, but I think Miz should've just won the gold back tonight or soon after. I think R Truth should've gotten a least one title defense.

I assume it's better this way as the face chasing for the title is better to watch than the face defending the gold (see Cena's reigns). Anyway, Miz has been on a roll on the mic and continues to improve in the ring. I don't see what's up with Truth, but his reaction wasn't big enough I guess to be considered a real draw. Outside of that weak Lie Detector finisher, R Truth has been on a mini roll too and it'll be interesting if creative goes with the swerve and puts the United States Championship back around his waist tonight.

I'm very excited about this match...

A couple of days ago, I was so sure that The Miz would definitely retain the Championship but now I am not so sure. Logically, The Miz should retain. It looked as though they are regretting taking the belt off of him in the first place and now want to cement his place as a solid mid-carder. That being said, the WWE has just been crazy over the last few weeks. Nothing has been set in stone and nothing had made a lot of sense. I keep wondering to myself why they would give The Miz the Championship on Raw this week, just for him to lose it tonight. Personally, if this match is wrestled cleanly and nothing happens with NXT or beyond, I fully expect The Miz to retain.

However, the question does come to mind about why they gave the Championship to R-Truth after Bret Hart won the Championship. This is especially true if they were just going to take it off of him again after only a couple of weeks. R-Truth is wonderfully over and deserved a title run for a while. However, The WWE seem to have given up on his title run and have just given it back to The Miz. I really don't get it but these guys are both very capable of putting on a great match. Both are athletic and can be solid in the ring. I am hoping for some interference to justify a strange decision on Raw or just a really good match from these two.

I would like to see this match.
Miz is probably gonna win because R-Truth wasnt really supposed to have the title in the first place.Morrison was actually the one scheduled to win the US Championship when Bret gave it up.But Morrison had an ankle injury.Anyway Miz as a heel will probably cheat in some way.

Miz wins and retains the United States Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back