WWE Fastlane: WWE Championship Six Pack Challenge

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Via an announcement from Shane McMahon earlier today, AJ Styles will now be defending the WWE Championship in a fatal fourway match. On next week's SmackDown Live, the winner of a match between Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler will be added to the match to challenge Styles along with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

Shane McMahon posted on Twitter:

"An unexpected end to #SDLive with a triple threat match made for #WWEFastlane...I’m going to make a bit more interesting.

Next week: @BaronCorbinWWE vs. @HEELZiggler. The winner is added to the match and makes it a #Fatal4Way for the @WWE title."

Whether Ziggler or Corbin, it should be a fun match. Styles isn't dropping the title until WrestleMania at the very earliest so it's entirely possible the third opponent added will be primarily to be the one to be pinned by Styles rather than having it be Owens or Zayn.

I would have enjoyed this match so much more as a 3 way match.

Ziggler needs to fuck off and stay fucked off while Corbin I just can't get into. Not to mention their feud back in the day was pretty lack luster.

I'll still watch it though. Probably enjoy it too. Unless Ziggler is in it. If Ziggler wins i won't be happy.

If you'd told me a year ago how little I'd care about a Owens/Zayn/Styles triple threat I wouldn't have believed you. I think I'm more intrigued by the prospect of Ziggler, and you can only assume it'll be Ziggler, being added to the match. Man, Smackdown is just the shits.

I don't really get the logic behind this, but I guess there's a bigger picture here. I believe this will tie in into the Shane vs Bryan storyline. Bryan was the one who made the triple threat, so Shane decides to butt in and say "you know something Daniel, you can't do whatever you want around here, so I'll just add Ziggler/Corbin in there".

It's a way of Shane going against Bryan's actions.

I hope Ziggler will be the one to get added in the mix and now I also hope that he will be the one to eat the pin. Zayn/Owens/Styles was going to be a fun match and Ziggler getting in there doesn't really take anything away from it. It's actually better, because in a triple threat scenario, we all know that Owens and Zayn would go to the route "we take out Styles and then solve this between us", but now, they can't really take this path.

This addition has 2 fronts...
1) continuing the Shane vs. Daniel Bryan power struggle
2) trying to re-energize the Ziggler story as well

* If Daniel Bryan doesn't wrestle in my opinion this has been a waste of a year long storyline. And the Ziggler (CM Punk angle) just won't work because he has no heat one way or the other.

Due to his win over AJ Styles, John Cena has been added to this match, thereby making it a six pack challenge.

The story behind this is Cena's continuing journey towards having a match at WrestleMania this year and I'll happily take this over him being shoehorned into Styles vs. Nakamura. There's virtually no chance of Styles not retaining here, too many people want to see Styles vs. Nakamura, and this ultimately is part of the angle to move Cena to his eventual WrestleMania bout with the Undertaker.

Due to his win over AJ Styles, John Cena has been added to this match, thereby making it a six pack challenge.

The story behind this is Cena's continuing journey towards having a match at WrestleMania this year and I'll happily take this over him being shoehorned into Styles vs. Nakamura. There's virtually no chance of Styles not retaining here, too many people want to see Styles vs. Nakamura, and this ultimately is part of the angle to move Cena to his eventual WrestleMania bout with the Undertaker.

I'm a little skeptic if styles vs nakamura is still happening. Nakamura has been a huge non factor for 3 weeks and didn't get a great reaction in LA tonight. I wouldn't be shocked if Vince is starting to change his mind on the matchup

No it's happening. They have to fill air time leading to Mania. Styles neefs this win after losing clean 5 weeks out from Mania. Taker calls out Cena, Owens and Zayn have a match that Shane referees and Corbin and Ziggler off to the battle royal.

A thought occurred to me.

We have a storyline where Cena has no opponent for Wrestlemania (so far). There is also a rumor from Dave Meltzer that Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are destined for the "Andre Battle Royal" which no-one is happy about.

But what if the six-pack challenge tomorrow night determines things. Everyone is tipping A.J. Styles to retain and fight Shinsuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania (which would be a well-wrestled match).

But what if the result comes from left field, and instead of Styles wins, the WWE belt at "Fast Lane" is won by- JOHN CENA!

Think about it. Cena was added last minute. Why would that be? He has no known opponent at Wrestlemania?

I would not be surprised if WWE talk to Taker one more time before "Fast Lane" and ask him about his availability at Wrestlemania. If he is there, then it will be Cena v Undertaker (which, IMO, they should have done last year instead).

But if Taker stays retired, and doesn't do Wrestlemania, maybe WWE will change tack and have Cena win the belt. This would open up a raft of possibilities.

-It gives Cena an opponent at Wrestlemania- Shinsuke Nakamura who he would defend the title against.

-They can promote Cena as breaking the record, and given that this might be his last hurrah (it hasn't been announced, but I think he will be around less and less going forward), then it makes sense that he goes to Wrestlemania as champion, loses (the word is that Nakamura will win the belt) and goes out on his back. Cena might then give a tearful farewell to the crowd, and leave, having broken the record, and done to time-honored thing of "passing the torch".

-Cena v Nakamura would be interesting, and there would be fact that in their only previous meeting, Nakamura won. So that means that Shinsuke is a chance, and if Cena is winding down, then the fans of Nakamura would tune into Wrestlemania to see his "moment".

-It would also solve what to do with Owens/Zayn.

Now that A.J. Styles wouldn't be defending at Wrestlemania, you could have him team with Shane McMahon against Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn (maybe even add DB as special referee). This would make sense, as Shane, and the guy who was being screwed by Bryan constantly, would fight Owens and Zayn.

Now, I hope that A.J. retains at "Fast Lane" and goes to Wrestlemania as champion, since I think Styles- Nakamura would be a good match. But I would not be surprised if they have Cena win it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back