• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Fastlane - Roman Reigns VS Braun Strowman

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It was announced on Raw that Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman go one on one at Fastlane.

If this was 14 to 16 months ago, I'd say that Roman Reigns would be booked just as John Cena probably would circa 2010: he'd take EVERYTHING Strowman could possibly muster, rally back and managed to defeat the monster by hitting his finisher, in this case the spear, once. Reigns, however, is no longer in "Super Cena" booking mode and there's a chance that Strowman walks out the winner. That chance, in my opinion, will only happen if the Undertaker makes a surprise appearance at Fastlane, does something to cause a disqualification, provides a distraction or if they simply have the bell toll and the lights go out as a tease only for Strowman to take advantage after the lights pop back on. Other than that, Reigns manages to claim a hard won, hard fought victory on his eventual meeting with Taker.

Man you guys are AMAZING!!!

Seriously at this point why the Reigns hate?

I mean honestly now you guys just look ridiculous. Before he was too green. Well that was 3 years AGO. Then it was he was booked like Cena. Well that is not true anymore. His promos are not Great but they are better than Daniel Bryan's were and better than Cesaros now.

He has a great work ethic and he does deliver good matches. It really is corny that you guys just Boo this man now for absolutely No reason.

Just because he has muscles and won't turn heal.

He was second in voting for Wrestler of the Year and although first in most hated it was only 24%.

Meaning the majority of people like him. Of those voters how many do you think were Women, children or casual fans?

I love BOTH Braun and Roman and think this could be a TERRIFIC MATCH and FEUD!!!

Man you guys are AMAZING!!!

Seriously at this point why the Reigns hate?

I mean honestly now you guys just look ridiculous. Before he was too green. Well that was 3 years AGO. Then it was he was booked like Cena. Well that is not true anymore. His promos are not Great but they are better than Daniel Bryan's were and better than Cesaros now.

He has a great work ethic and he does deliver good matches. It really is corny that you guys just Boo this man now for absolutely No reason.

Just because he has muscles and won't turn heal.

He was second in voting for Wrestler of the Year and although first in most hated it was only 24%.

Meaning the majority of people like him. Of those voters how many do you think were Women, children or casual fans?

I love BOTH Braun and Roman and think this could be a TERRIFIC MATCH and FEUD!!!

No I think your gross overreaction to a pretty calm and collected post is amazing.

Anyway, I'm with JH. I think Taker interferes in this match, even with something as simple as the gong going off and Strowman takes advantage. Simple as that.

I am curious as to how the match will be. Not for Reigns, but I'm more curious about how Strowman does. I don't expect this to last 20 minutes, but it'll certainly require more than what a squash does.

If they are indeed going Roman/Taker, it has to start here or the Raw after at the latest. I would love to see the mind game story with these two. Taker doesn't even have to show up until Mania. Just give me gongs/lights going out during Roman matches, empty caskets, and spinning clocks and I'm good.

I see Reigns going over in this match with Strowman with a bit of funny business. If Strowman's not doing anything for Mania, they probably won't see too much of a reason to keep him extremely strong. Heading into his match with Taker they'll likely want to book Reigns as strong as possible. However, if they want to start the Mania feud here and if they are actually contemplating turning Reigns, it would make sense for Taker to cost Roman and keep costing him until Mania, where Reigns can effectively snap and kill the Deadman.

Lots of ways this can go, should be fun.

Given the way it was announced and the fact that Strowman seems more of an obstacle for Roman at this point, I think Roman wins here as he really needs a good PPV win against someone of note heading into Mania.
Also, I really want Heel BadAss Roman Reigns vs the Undertaker at Mania and a distraction by tUT will place him as a Heel which surely, none of us wants at all.

Ntm, Strowman seems to be headed into the AtGBR at Mania and will probably be rehabbed after Mania is over and the PT go on their way.

If Reigns is facing Taker at Mania then he has to win. There's no real shame in losing to Reigns.

I also think Reigns should win this, in order to get a big win before meeting the Deadman. Plus that would be Strowman's first loss on PPVs I think and Reigns is a guy that has defeated guys like Triple H in his career, so Strowman won't be hurt that much losing to Roman, especially if the match is hard-hitting.

However it will probably end in no contest after Undertaker appears just like Battleground 2015.

Also, I really want Heel BadAss Roman Reigns vs the Undertaker at Mania and a distraction by tUT will place him as a Heel which surely, none of us wants at all.

Someone around here is running around with a quote from NorCal in their sig that says something along the lines of "Undertaker could chokeslam a baby in the middle of a ring and he'd still get a face reaction."

NorCal was right.

Someone around here is running around with a quote from NorCal in their sig that says something along the lines of "Undertaker could chokeslam a baby in the middle of a ring and he'd still get a face reaction."

NorCal was right.

Lest anyone forgets, Dickkick Taker was supposed to be heel vs Tweener Face Brock Lesnar in 2015... we all know how that ended up. I am all for Roman going over Taker but the only way he gets any benefit from it is if he comes out of Mania 33 a heel.

Too bad every other guy they try as babyface of RAW seems to get injured at the wrong time so that Roman has to be thrown into the middle of it to great rejection.

Lest anyone forgets, Dickkick Taker was supposed to be heel vs Tweener Face Brock Lesnar in 2015... we all know how that ended up. I am all for Roman going over Taker but the only way he gets any benefit from it is if he comes out of Mania 33 a heel.

Exactly what I was thinking. They tried. It ended up completely awkward and didn't work at all.

Too bad every other guy they try as babyface of RAW seems to get injured at the wrong time so that Roman has to be thrown into the middle of it to great rejection.

Because Reigns sucks, right? :rolleyes:

If they are indeed going Roman/Taker, it has to start here or the Raw after at the latest. I would love to see the mind game story with these two. Taker doesn't even have to show up until Mania. Just give me gongs/lights going out during Roman matches, empty caskets, and spinning clocks and I'm good.

I see Reigns going over in this match with Strowman with a bit of funny business. If Strowman's not doing anything for Mania, they probably won't see too much of a reason to keep him extremely strong. Heading into his match with Taker they'll likely want to book Reigns as strong as possible. However, if they want to start the Mania feud here and if they are actually contemplating turning Reigns, it would make sense for Taker to cost Roman and keep costing him until Mania, where Reigns can effectively snap and kill the Deadman.

Lots of ways this can go, should be fun.

I think the finish will be like the Seth vs. Brock match at Battleground. Keeps Strowman and Reigns looking strong. Once Taker leaves after WM, Reigns and Strowman can continue their feud. I assume if the rumors are true about Reigns winning the Universal title at Summerslam, I would think the feud between Strowman and Reigns could last through the summer.

Both wrestlers can't lose clean at any cost.

Braun Strowman is being built as an unstoppable force since almost half an year and his first clean loss shouldn't be this soon. Roman Reigns is rumored to fight The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 33 and should go into that match and feud without losing.

What I think could happen is that The Undertaker costs him this match or lays him out after the match.

In late 2015, Roman Reigns lost a WWE World Heavyweight title match vs Sheamus via interference from the latter's stable mates, the League of Nations at TLC. Prior to that event, Reigns had been repeatedly screwed out mainly by some Authority-related villainy or the other but like typical babyface heroes, he got back up and just tried harder to overcome.

However, at the end of said match, Roman Reigns, a clearly miscast babyface hero character, absolutely snapped and proceeded to pummel all 4 LoN members and then destroyed Triple H as well to raucous cheers from the crowd.
As we all are aware, WWE squandered the momentum gained that night in a couple of weeks by totally ignoring storyline and character changes that should have taken place thereafter.

Fast forward to over a year later, and the same Roman Reigns has, for the past few months been screwed multiple times and for the past few shows, he has been portrayed in a more serious and determined manner but with a seemingly unbeatable foe in Braun Strowman to contend with.

Now, one would expect that after being beatdown for succesive weeks by the villain in the story being told, Reigns will overcome Braun as is usual at the upcoming PPV. However, with the likes of Balor and Rollins to return, why not have Reigns' rumoured Mania opponent, the Undertaker cost him the match and screwing him once again to finally build to the heel turn many have called for since Mania 31? Wouldn't it be of more benefit to the impressive Braun and Roman himself if the latter gets beat but not cleanly?

Well, it depends. Some would say that Reigns should win in order to head strong in his match against Undertaker others would say that Undertaker should appear and cost him the match.

Both options are fine with me.

Also a loss from Reigns wouldn't really hurt Strowman either as long as it comes from a fully competitive match. Reigns is a 3-time world champion after all and has defeated Triple H in the main event of Wrestlemania. He's a beast.

On the other hand, we know that Reigns is a beast, so I prefer more Taker costing him the match, than him beating Strowman. But I don't mind either.

Of course Reigns should lose to Strowman due to Undertaker costing him the match. It sets up WM for them perfectly. Although, it's all for nothing if Reigns doesn't beat or even "retire" Undertaker by going full heel at WM.

I'd rather Taker not even show up. I think something will happen to set up the Mania match and I wouldn't mind just the gong and the lights going out to be used as a distraction. Really, that's the best case scenario for all involved in my opinion. A clean decision doesn't really benefit anybody. Braun winning clean makes little sense (as if there's any chance of it happening) and Roman winning clean really doesn't do much for him if you think about it.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Reigns beat Strowman and than call out Taker the next night. It'd be stupid, but I can totally see it happening.

Taker has to somehow cost him the match. Whether he's there physically or not, he has to. You have to set up the match somehow. The stare down at Mania isn't enough. None of the Reigns haters that are being worked to death will want to hear this... but logically you can't have Reigns lose clean. You're also not going to have him conquer Strowman. If you're comparing the two... you have a lot more to lose with Strowman taking an L than you do Taker taking an L.

Of course Reigns should lose to Strowman due to Undertaker costing him the match. It sets up WM for them perfectly. Although, it's all for nothing if Reigns doesn't beat or even "retire" Undertaker by going full heel at WM.

Agree wholeheartedly.
Anything less than a full heel turn leading to a BadAss MDK Roman Reigns will be a huge booking failure. Just look at the Usos promo tonight vs AA, I can guarantee Roman Reigns would nail a heel role in the same way that the Usos very much have done but with much more upside. WWE definitely have to pull the trigger as Reigns' growth in the last couple of years definitely has shown that he has loads of upside if only the stink of his premature push can be rid of.

I'm just numb to Reigns at this point, and although I don't enjoy watching him or seek it I don't mind. I don't watch WWE for pure match quality, or consistent polarizing booking necessarily. WWE has a carny-esque style that you won't see anywhere else on a medium platform, let alone their actual. As months passed in 2016 their product became more progressive in shifting towards programming I actually enjoyed quite a bit. Reigns is one of the best guys they have available, in that style.

His flaws are obvious, but you can run down anyone from Lou Thesz to peak Kazuchika Okada and criticize them just as easy. Pro-Wrestling is often transparent, and there's no lack of that in the internet age. AJ Styles, Omega, Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, Cena, The Miz, D. Bryan, Young Bucks, etc one way or another manage to transcend the barrier and are easily thrown into hypercritical thinking. They suspend belief one way or another, and when put with an opponent they can have them vibe off that energy.

Reigns is one of the best talents they have signed right now regardless of my opinion. Braun is also a big asset, but I'd have a hard time trying to pretend I'd want to see him moving in on the title scene. Undertaker costing the match, DQ, or even a believable upset of Strowman is totally fine. He took a chokeslam, got up. Knock out punch, got up. Pinned Big show after 1 running power slam (I think the kind of botched top rope slide in one was kind of looked away), and Reigns still get's destroyed after coming out. I don't think WWE, or anyone will shift their opinion on Strowman himself regarding this outcome. Keyfabe wise, I just don't want him to get pinned clean. Realistically, I don't care because I assume he'll be a monster the next Monday and doing what he does very well.

Wrestlemania is hyped up, but a majority of the year they're hardly treating it like it's the end of the ages event. I do have higher expectations for an event of this scale, but if a classic match happens even a month later I won't be crying X wrestler was booked badly at Wrestlemania. I rather have the 6 Year in Roman Reigns who's being promoted and booked how he has been looking legitimate going into it than a guy who already has consistently for months. He hasn't exactly been winning a lot as of late, and at this point Braun losing to Reigns isn't really that far fetched. He's had several wrestlers prove to be a realistic threat, and they've been kind of consistent in the booking of how to get an upper hand on Braun. Reigns wrestles in a style that allows a bit of fault in Braun's typical offense, and in a pure keyfabe booked match it's not that ridiculous.

I think the aftermath to this will go bad in one direction one way or another, but hopefully we can get a decent or fun match out of the two so they're on an upswing wave. Could see legit reason in it going either way keyfabe, or realism based. The Raw after this match is what I'll imagine I'll be looking at more in depth.

This match has really turned me into a believer over the last couple of weeks. Initially, I couldn't have cared less about these two going at it but it's been handled pretty well. That said, I'm very surprised that the WWE are giving us this match as a B-PPV and not at a bugger event. Both guys are known for being totally unstoppable but one of their records are going to have a red mark on it after the match at Fastlane. For me, there are two ways that this may be can go.

First, The Undertaker shows up and gets involved in the match to set up his Mania feud with Roman Reigns. This gives the DQ victory to Strowman. Alternatively, Roman goes over Strowman in a violent encounter. Either way, I don't see Strowman coming out of this match with any sort of clean victory.

Strowman seems to be the bookies favourite but I just don't see it happening through any measure of a clean finish. If Strowman is to come out as the winner of this match, it's because The Undertaker gets involved. And that alone is enough to get me excited about the match.

I still hold hope that Taker comes out tomorrow during an all-out brawl between "the Unstoppable Force & the Immovable Object" and costs Roman Reigns the match.
However, it should't lead to a DQ if WWE are serious about this wonderful Braun Strowman push. It should end with Braun pinning Roman clean in the middle of the ring but with an excuse for the latter.

What such a result would allow is for WWE to revisit this feud sometime down the line possibly in a huge World title match at a major PPV and bill Braun as the one that Roman just can't beat.

Neither wrestler should lose this match clean. Reigns needs momentum going into his match with Undertaker at WrestleMania while Strowman's first clean loss shouldn't happen at Fastlane. It should be happen at a big event like WrestleMania or SummerSlam.

Some have suggested Undertaker interfere and cost Reigns the match, but that makes Taker the heel. There's simply no way to make Heel Taker vs. Face Reigns work. Fans are never going to cheer Reigns over Taker. I would love to see Heel Reigns ending Taker's career at Mania, but I seriously doubt that will happen. We'll probably get Face vs. Face with Reigns winning in a 'passing of the torch' type moment. I really don't want to see that, as it would get Reigns even more boos.

Back to the match, I'm just wondering how much a clean loss would affect Strowman. Honestly it wouldn't that much since he is very talented and has a lot more potential than any of the other super-heavyweights of the past. Reigns beating Strowman clean wouldn't kill his career or anything, so I would be fine with it.

I'm just hoping for a good match. Perhaps a stipulation would help that, but it should be good. Strowman should win, but again I'm fine with Reigns winning.

Only logical thing is Taker interfering or Reigns winning clean. Strowman would get a lot of momentum by winning but he really has nowhere to go. Unless they plan Mania without Taker and Strowman vs Reigns is a way to go, Strowman after this win has to go on Champion. And that matches are already booked in either KO vs Jericho or Goldberg vs Lesnar. And Reigns would have to get Taker in "this is my house now" match after he just failed to clean that house. So, in storyline purposes, just makes sense to Taker interferes here and sets Mania match. Because that way both Reigns and Strowman are protected.

Wow. Such a naive result.

The match wasn't bad but the result was damn bad. Illogical, I think. You build a monster for about 6 months and then feed him to Roman Reigns of all people at a B-Level PPV named Fastlane. Roman Reigns, a guy who didn't need this win. A guy who is undefeated at Fastlane. He defeated Daniel Bryan in 2015, Brock Lesnar & Dean Ambrose in 2016 and now Braun Strowman in 2017. Big wins, no?

Even Nikki Bella was protected in her loss against Natalya at Elimination Chamber. But Braun Strowman was defeated clean by Roman Reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back