WWE Extreme Rules General Discussion & Reviews

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Keep all talks of potential matches, fantasy booking, etc. in this thread and the usual no spam rules apply.

Main Event

AJ Styles (c) vs Rusev (w/Aiden English)
Match of the night and maybe match of the year in WWE, probably Rusev is gonna lose in a big effort, maybe with some thing with Aiden, but I hope they are not breaking them, as for both men, it's the best way.
Nº1 contender for Brock Lesnar's WWE Universal Championship Extreme Rules Match, Roman Reigns vs Bobby Lashley vs Finn Balor vs ??? (Jinder Mahal, Bobby Roode, Elias, Drew McIntyre or Seth Rollins)
My pick is Seth Rollins to be the fourth men, as I'll show below. Winner, probably Roman or Lashley, I hope it's Lashley but Roman is the obvious choise.
US Championship Jeff Hardy (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura Falls Count Anywhere
Nakamura first WWE main roster championship! He is gonna win in some fashion dirty wrestling, and he can get momentum.
IC Championship Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Drew McIntyre
Drew turns on Ziggler, just because he wants to hold his first WWE title, after interfering in Seth's rematch. Good match, just keep the feud fresh for Summerslam
SD Tag team Championship Bludgeon Brothers vs Daniel Bryan & Tye Dillenger
Bryan looks for a partner, an what better than The Perfect 10. Still lost about all the talent in the division and how they are not booking them
RAW Tag Team Championship The Woken Warriors (c) vs The B Team
Hope to see a lot of interacion between Bo and Bray, and get them in a point of facial stop like with Woods and Bray a years ago. Woken Universe/Warriors to retain.
SD Women's Championship Carmella (c) (w/Ellsworth) vs Asuka
Hope finally Asuka wins. So we can have more exciting cards like Asuka vs Becky/Naomi
RAW Women's Championship Alexa Bliss (c) vs Nia Jax
Alexa should win, but I don't care about the storyline. Maybe Ronda involved is the only thing interesting
Samoa Joe vs The Miz vs Xavier Woods (New Day) for a championship chance in the future
Start booking Syles vs Miz/Joe​

Extreme Rules Match for the WWE Championship Match
AJ Styles (C) vs Rusev
AJ retains. After the match he and Rusev shake hands and Rusev officially is a face.

Six pac challenge Match to determinate the No.1 Contender for the WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns vs Bobby Lashley vs Elias vs Finn Balor vs Jinder Mahal vs Bobby Roode
Reigns is taken out by an attack from Braun Strowman. Lashley wins the match by pinning Balor.

Singles Match
Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens
Strowman wins cleanly.

Falls Count Anywhere Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Dolph Ziggler (C) vs Seth Rollins
Rollins regains the title and defeats Ziggler with help from Ambrose, who turns on him after the match.

Singles Match for the WWE United States Championship
Jeff Hardy (C) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
The match ends in a Draw with a double pinfall.

Strap Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (C) vs Nia Jax
Bliss retains the title, then she is attacked by Ronda Rousey.

Steel Cage Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
Carmella (C) vs Asuka
Asuka wins the title.

Triple Threat Elimination Match to determinate the No.1 Contender for the WWE Championship at Summer Slam
Samoa Joe vs The Miz vs Big E
Miz wins the match by pinning Big E

Tornado Tag Team Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Bludgeon Brothers (C) vs Daniel Bryan and a Surprise Partner (Johnny Gargano)
Bryan and Gargano win the titles

Kickoff: Tag Team Match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championships
The Deleters of Worlds (C) vs The B-Team
The Deleters of Worlds retain the titles and then are attacked by The Authors of Pain

Kickoff: Singles Match
Andrade Cien Almas vs Sin Cara
Andrade wins the match cleanly. And then takes off Sin Cara's mask (Cara's face is not revealed to the viewers, he just runs away meanwhile covering his face).

This will lead to the following Summer Slam matches:
Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley for the Universal Title
Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman
AJ Styles (C) vs The Miz for the WWE Title
Samoa Joe vs Rusev
Daniel Bryan vs Johnny Gargano - Tag Champs facing off.
Asuka (C) vs Carmella vs Charlotte Flair for the SD Women's Title
Alexa Bliss (C) vs Ronda Rousey for the Raw Women's Title
Seth Rollins (C) vs Dean Ambrose for the IC Title
Jeff Hardy (C) vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the US Title
The Deleters of Worlds (C) vs The Authors of Pain - Raw Tag Titles

So this events seem to feel like another throwaway show with nothing noteworthy to get you to watch it. Since I can actually pvr the show since the network is a actual tv channel in canada that's probably what i will do since it look like a skipable show anyway.

The main matches are predictable and I doubt that the undercard will be worth watching the show live. I know they need content on the network but after 4 months of cobranded Ppv, I already miss the single branded versions because at less most of the time you had a good show out of it and it wasn't the same guys getting the Ppv slot every months.

Any championship yet has been set to be a Extreme Rules? It’s gonna be again a Stipulation PPV with a lot of the Main Card matches being just normal matches?

Maybe Hell No vs Bludgeon Brothers, Kevin Owens vs Braun Strowman (maybe?), Jeff Hardy vs Nakamura (if it happens) or Seth Rollins vs Dolph Ziggler (if it happens). Neither RAW tag, WWE, Roman vs Lashley or the Women’s championships seems to be, even the PPV should be all about Extreme Rules...

Extreme Rules 2018

Pre-Show: Andrade Cien Almas VS Sin Cara
Just another mostly pointless pre-show match that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. It joins the long list of other pre-show matches that were spent ordering pizza.

Pre-Show: New Day VS Sanity
This could have gone on the main card, had the main card not been so clogged up. The better of the pre-show matches. I wouldn't mind seeing more from these teams facing each other.

The B Team VS Bray Wyatt & Matt Hardy [Raw Tag Team Championship]
What a disappointment and sadly it would set the pace for an evening full of disappointments. The B Team should never have even gotten the title shot and I'm not sure what the creative team was thinking here. Hopefully The Revival win the titles from them very soon.

Baron Corbin VS Finn Balor
Not much of a match. While Corbin is a little more interesting as The Constable, he's still not great in the ring. At least Finn won. No more from this feud, please.

Asuka VS Carmella [Smackdown Women's Championship]
What in the world was this? A total mess and a contender for the worst match of the year so far. Ellsworth's botching the escape from the cage took what was already a not so great match and sent it into abysmal levels of bad. Can we just get rid of shark cage stipulations? It's stupid every single time. Hopefully Becky gets the next title shot and wins. Carmella's getting really annoying and having Ellsworth back doesn't help. A friend of mine who watched with us is a big Asuka fan and he hated this match. His anger towards the ending was more entertaining than half of what happened on this whole show.

Jeff Hardy VS Shinsuke Nakamura [United States Championship]
This was too short to even be called a match. Horrible. By this point, everyone at my PPV party was making jokes about how "Extremely" bad this show was up to this point.

Braun Strowman VS Kevin Owens [Steel Cage match]
Here we go. Things got a little better in this match. One of the best parts of the show was when Strowman threw Owens off the top of the cage down onto the table. They'll likely replay the footage of that several times on Raw tomorrow so you're still not missing anything if you haven't seen the show.

Bludgeon Brothers VS Daniel Bryan & Kane [Smackdown Tag Team Championship]
This didn't live up to expectations. I am glad that the Bludgeon Brothers retained, so at least there's that. Kane should have taken the pin instead of Bryan and the injury angle didn't do it for me. Perhaps I am nitpicking, although the show was almost beyond salvaging at this time.

Bobby Lashley VS Roman Reigns
We were pleasantly surprised that this didn't main event. We were even more pleasantly surprised that Bobby Lashley defeated Roman Reigns. No one at our PPV party thought Lashley would win, though every single one of us wanted him to.

Alexa Bliss VS Nia Jax [Raw Women's Championship]
Nia still can't wrestle. The shenanigans saved this match. I liked the use of the trash cans as well as Ronda's involvement. Thank goodness Alexa retained. Keep Nia away from the title forever unless she learns how to not suck. Looking forward to Alexa VS Ronda if they do indeed go that route at Summerslam for the title.

AJ Styles VS Rusev [World Heavyweight Championship]
It looked like AJ Styles and the World Championship were finally going to main event a PPV. Then my friends and I realized the Iron Man match hadn't happened yet. This one wasn't so bad. Rusev getting a title shot was cool, as was AJ retaining which was the right call. You're really not missing anything if you missed it though.

Dolph Ziggler VS Seth Rollins [Iron Man match for the Intercontinental Championship]
So, this is main eventing.... Why? Oh well. Rather than this Roman Reigns closing the show. This match was yet another example of the ending ruining the match. Ziggler is so boring and I'm tired of him. Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part, but maybe they had Ziggler win so that Seth can move on to bigger and better things like joining Lashley and Strowman in the main event tier. I don't know. This closing was a headscratcher and the same can be said for Ziggler winning so rapidly in the sudden death extension of the match. Why even do a sudden death extension if it's going to be that short?

Overall Thoughts
My gosh, where do I start on this? The show felt so rushed and several matches were bad. The silver lining is that Roman Reigns lost his match. I can't even remember the last time I saw a PPV where there's not a single match on the entire card that I recommend to those who missed the show. There was nothing truly worth watching. If you missed this show, don't bother catching up on it. You missed nothing. Only Strowman throwing Owens off the cage, which I'm certain you'll see replays of on Raw tomorrow anyway. Better than Backlash, however not by very much, and a very big step down from Money In The Bank last month. Summerslam won't have a particularly difficult time being an improvement from this show.

All I have to say it that the event was better then I expected.

Here some of my thought on it.

Nice little surprise in the opener and I'm happy for the b-team. They deserve that small push after everything they went through over the last few year.

Balor and Corbin was what is was

Asuka and Carmella was predictable but still a little bit funny.

Hardy vs nakamura was a great way to cement nakamura as a heel plus the Orton heel turn was what it was so at less Orton will be happy to work heel again.

Owens vs strowman was a good cage match and love the ending.

Team hell no vs the bludgeon was a little disappointing but since it was reported that Kane was actually injured, I get why they did the match the way they did it plus it help the bludgeon long term to have beaten Bryan and Kane,

Lashley vs reigns was better then I expected and I didn't see lashley winning this match, reigns is truly cemented in the John cena role and the fact that he lost more Ppv matches he won make me think that they want to use reigns as somebody who can help other wrestlers jump to the main event level.

Bliss vs nia was what it was. Good match but everybody was expecting Ronda to jump the barricade so we where waiting for that to happen which took away from the match

Aj styles vs rusev was a strong match. Nobody was expecting rusev to win but they were able to make us believe that rusev might pull it off plus the crowd really help the match.

Rollins vs ziggler wasn't as good as their 40 minutes match on raw a few weeks ago but was still a good match. I truly hated the ending of the match with the 30 second overtime. I know you wanted to protect both guys but you could have the cheap win happen before the end of the 30 minutes?

In the end, I was still entertain by the show overall. The opening match was fun with a surprise result. Reigns and lashley was a good match Owens and strowman was entertain and the rest was stiĺl strong overall.

Extremely Boring Rules. Weakest WWE pay per view event I’ve seen in a while. Nothing offensively bad, just largely felt filler. Best match probably the iron man match, though that was marred by the crowd.

At least Summerslam is likely to be a lot better than this..:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back