WWE Extreme Rules - Fatal Five Way Extreme Rules Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Raw GM Kurt Angle opened the show with an announcement that Roman Reigns, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe and Bray Wyatt will compete in a Fatal Five Way Extreme Rules Match at the ER ppv with the winner then becoming #1 contender for Brock Lesnar's Universal Championship.

This could be an extremely entertaining match, especially if they don't do something to telegraph the ending and who ultimately wins. For instance, Balor lost his match tonight, so maybe Rollins and Reigns could lose a match next week, followed by Joe & Bray the week after. Just something to give the impression that it's ultimately up for grabs.

As of right now, I think Rollins comes out with the victory and faces Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire, which may well be the stupidest name for any ppv in WWE history. It's all but guaranteed that no matter who wins this match, they won't beat Lesnar at GBOF but if it's the same old same old with Lesnar just decimating the guy with little or no problem, then it paints an oppressively bleak picture for the Universal Championship from now to WrestleMania.

This match is pretty much just a way for them to create a sacrificial lamb for Lesnar at the next network special so in this case, it's either going to be finn or bray that's goig to win this match.

If you look at this at all the participant in this match, seth rollins and joe are still in a feud so they are going to take each other out of the match

This match will probably be a way to set up a new feud for reigns by somebody interfering during the match and taking him out of it,

Which leave you with finn balor and bray wyatt which are also in a feud. What I could see happening is finn balor winning this match by beating bray, then at the next show, bray cost finn the championship by distracting finn.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter who win this match because in the end, all they are getting is a match were lesnar will control 90% of the match and sell almost nothing because let's face it, none of these guys have really a shot of winning the title.

Having said that, I just realise, you could have reigns win this and you give reigns a long title reigns and you could still have lesnar vs reigns at mania by saying that lesnar doesn't want his rematch until mania next year.

I was really hoping WWE might down the Lesnar - Wyatt - Balor route.

I'd think it would have been a bloody entertaining match, a match of different styles plus it makes sense.

Wyatt never got his World Title rematch and Balor never got his. Lesnar wins and you can continue the Wyatt-Balor feud.

I see Rollins winning this.

This should be fun. I'm thinking Balor is probably the favorite here with Wyatt as the x-factor. Rollins is a possibility but I feel like they might want to save that match for a bigger stage like Summerslam or the Rumble. As for Joe, he seems like the least likely option in my opinion (other than Reigns), strictly because he's the one with the weakest claim to a match with Brock at this point.

Either way, I have a strong feeling Lesnar is going to run through whoever he faces with relative ease. The rumored plans for Strowman/Brock were apparently to have Lesnar destroy Strowman in an effort to reclaim some of the dominance he lost in his feud with Goldberg. Just a rumor, but it seems typical of the way Vince and Co. have booked Lesnar since he broke the Streak. I'm inclined to believe it.

I was really hoping WWE might down the Lesnar - Wyatt - Balor route.

I'd think it would have been a bloody entertaining match, a match of different styles plus it makes sense.

Wyatt never got his World Title rematch and Balor never got his. Lesnar wins and you can continue the Wyatt-Balor feud.

I see Rollins winning this.

So basically bury Wyatt more because you wanna see blood? Btw the match would be shitty and nowhere near as good as you think. It'll be Wyatt vs. Orton or Lesnar vs. Orton all over again. Keep Bray FAR away from Brock Lesnar. Let's start pushing Bray Wyatt from here on out.

I suspect Miz will cost Reigns the match after losing the IC Title. This of course would be set up in some way earlier in the night. Wyatt's gonna remove Bálor from the equation, Joe will choke out Bray, Rollins takes out Joe (I wish with a Curb Stomp, which is the only way he's beating Brock.) Seth goes on to take on Brock in the biggest rematch of the last two years. Now I could be wrong but I see Triple H costing Seth the match with Brock to set up SummerSlam as WWE has been teasing that "The Game" wasn't done with Seth.

Expecting Balor to win and go on to be the sacrificial lamb.

Rollins and Joe are still working a program and the two will likely end the match by brawling on the outside or over the barricade.

Reigns is going to be kept strong and sure as well won't be fed to Lesnar or run a program with Lesnar at all until something like Wrestlemania. He'll either be knocked out outside or someone interfering to keep him busy until Strowman is back.

This leaves Wyatt and Balor. I don't see much money in Wyatt-Lesnar and it takes the focus off the Wyatt-Balor feud since Wyatt is antagonizing Balor nonstop. Balor will end up picking up the win over Wyatt, get antagonized by Wyatt more in upcoming weeks, then possibly interfere in his match with Lesnar with the lights going out or something hokey. This would let them feed Balor to Lesnar, keep Balor looking strong, and continue the program with Wyatt all in one go.

Sadly this isn't even like armchair booking. This is directly following WWEs standard formula and really the only logical path that makes sense...so it's easy to predict.

Reigns has to win, right? The other four areally involved in feuds with each other. If they win then they're on hold for a month at least.

This match has MOTY candidate written all over it. All five guys have something to prove to either the fans or WWE brass. The wrestler that gets the best reaction may even be the one to get the SummerSlam main event. Throw in the "extreme" stip and I expect these guys to basically kill themselves for our entertainment.

They should scrap Wyatt vs Balor for now.
Let's see..
Rollins and Reigns should stay protected for the time being, after beating Triple H and The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. In fact, I don't understand why they're still on the same show, but anyways.

Wyatt and Joe are like jokes right now. Getting destroyed by Lesnar doesn't really help.

Finn Balor is my pick. Finn Balor with help from The Club.
Then bring me Balor Club vs Brock Lesnar for the summer.

Demon King vs The Beast is a great Summerslam main event.

Part of me felt that this was just a screwy way to find a number one contender, but now I've really thought about it, I really like this match. The extreme stipulation truly means nothing because fatal five-way rules means there are no disqualifications anyway. But they'll exercise that stipulation to the limit I think. Five very different and unique talents could really make something special. They'll hopefully be given the sufficient time to work and it'll be a great way to find a "deserving" contender to Brock Lesnar.

My only issue is that there are two or three guys in this match who desperately need a pay-per-view win, but they're the ones most likely to lose. Bray Wyatt, Samoa Joe, and to an extent Finn Bálor, who should look to re-establish himself after his absence. In reality, I only see Bálor as a realistic choice here. Joe and Wyatt would mesh great with Lesnar, but where they are at right now, I doubt it happens. The extreme stipulations and fact that only one guy needs to be pinned means you could have, say, Reigns pin Rollins, and that would be the best way to do it.

This match also helps continue some feuds and allow new ones to begin. Delaying the inevitable match between Bálor and Wyatt is perfectly okay. They're busy doing business here and their feud can come later. Not everything has to happen at once and I like that.

As for who wins, I don't actually know. You would think Roman Reigns, but surely not. After all, if they want him and Lesnar for WrestleMania, why throw that opportunity away at Great Balls of fucking Fire? Great Balls. Of Fire. Man alive. Anyway, if it's presumably not Reigns for now... Rollins? But is his feud over with Joe? It doesn't seem that way? Unless he pins Joe to win this match, there's no resolute ending. Wyatt? He's been champion this year, but look at how that turned out. That leaves Bálor. It could be great. it might not. But to have this match result in a one sided affair with Lesnar would be a joke, regardless of who it is.

These 5 along with maybe Dean Ambrose and Braun Strowman will dictate the main event and upper midcard scene and rightfully so. As they all are talented enough.

Someone said that there's no chance of a particular wrestler defeating Brock Lesnar. It's totally wrong. It's professional wrestling. Something can take place in Kayfabe regardless of being not possible in reality. So, that really nullifies "No chance" argument.

Don't see Seth Rollins or Samoa Joe winning. Maybe Roman Reigns. Maybe Finn Bálor. Maybe Bray Wyatt. Nonetheless, it should be an entertaining match.

These 5 along with maybe Dean Ambrose and Braun Strowman will dictate the main event and upper midcard scene and rightfully so. As they all are talented enough.

Someone said that there's no chance of a particular wrestler defeating Brock Lesnar. It's totally wrong. It's professional wrestling. Something can take place in Kayfabe regardless of being not possible in reality. So, that really nullifies "No chance" argument.

Don't see Seth Rollins or Samoa Joe winning. Maybe Roman Reigns. Maybe Finn Bálor. Maybe Bray Wyatt. Nonetheless, it should be an entertaining match.

It's more that there's no chance of Lesnar dropping the title to the one real option at the time at Great Balls of fucking Fire.

As put on the last page, Rollins and Joe are still in a program and active against each other. They won't dead stop that to feed either of them to Lesnar. They won't waste their Reigns-Lesnar match for amounts to being a TV special. That's a high tier PPV main event that could have a great build. Wyatt vs Lesnar? That would be a disaster.

Balor is pretty much the only one that could come out of both matches unscathed and not interfere with booking. Winning the match would make him look strong to build him up, they could continue the Balor-Wyatt feud at the same time since it's more of a mental game, and Balor having a strong showing against Lesnar and losing wouldn't hurt his credibility and even gives the more opportunities to build the tension with Wyatt at the same time.

It doesn't matter who wins this match when we know that Lesnar isn't dropping the title to anyone other than Roman. So I honestly don't care, what I would do is build Roman up and we either get Roman vs lesnar for the title at summerslam or a triple threat with strowman. I WANT the title back on raw and wwe wants Roman to beat lesnar so do it at the second biggest paperview of the year. Then we can hopefully get different feuds at mania but if wwe still wants to do the match at mania again, then do it without the title because the match is going to be built around the 2 guys that conquered the streak instead of the title.

It looks like Balor will win it due to the segment Heyman and Balor had. I expect Brock to dominate Balor then Bray attacks Balor after the match to resume their feud.

A guy who is 190lbs looks to be the frontrunner to face Brock Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire for a World Championship. What is the point of the Cruiserweight Division again? I'm just curious.

Yeah Balor is my pick. We have seen what Lesnar did to Seth Rollins a few years ago and there's no reason to believe he has a chance when Lesnar had him dead to rites if not for Undertaker. Joe vs Lesnar would be awesome, but might be hard because he's a heel and I'm not sure what Lesnar is. Reigns will be taking the title from Lesnar at WrestleMania 34 and there's nothing stopping that minus injuries. Wyatt vs Lesnar doesn't sound appealing at all and rather awful.

Finn Balor can at least get his due rematch clause after never losing the title in the first place to anyone. Why is he having to go through this match to get a shot when Shane just came on smackdown and said "Orton is revoking his rematch at Money in the Bank. Match made"? I'm not sure WWE even knows.

My gut tells me that it'll either be Seth Rollins or Finn Balor n this match and take on Brock Lesnar in July. I'm also guessing that this is the first step towards Roman Reigns ultimately beating Lesnar at WrestleMania next year in that all of these guys will get a title shot sometime between next month and the Royal Rumble, possibly Fastlane. They've each staked their claim to being the "only one" who can beat Brock Lesnar and that makes me think that they'll all get a shot, they'll all come up short and then it'll be down to Roman Reigns. They fail, Roman Reigns doesn't, he establishes himself as "the guy" once again, Vince *********es over seeing his master plan come to fruition and we all get sprayed in the face.

i kinda of had an idea for how to book this match and pretty much the entire year as far as the universal title was concern. I know it won't happen because they pretty much mapped out the entire year for the universal championship but i think my scenario would be more interesting that what they got plan.

So you start next sunday with this match, have roman reigns get the surprise win. So then he goes into great balls of fire to face lesnar and you pull the trigger early and give him the title win again lesnar on that show. Then on the raw after, have Heyman will invoke lesnar's rematch for Summerslam, that way if their a raw only ppv before summerslam like it was rumored, you still get that big match for summerslam and you can either have reigns defend the title at that rumored PPV or put him in a tag match.

At Summerslam, reigns beats lesnar again and after his win, Braun strowman attacks reigns and you close the show on that note. This will lead you to finish the program between reigns and strowman and you could pretty much do 2 or 3 ppv with this.

Then you go on the road to mania. Have reigns do throwaway title match against guys like Joe and Wyatt but have Finn Balor win the royal rumble that way, you get Balor vs Reigns at Mania and the long chase for balor getting his universal title back start. For the hype, you just have to build this around the fact that Balor beat reigns one his first night and Reigns beat balor last year so they are 1-1 and at mania, it's the rubber match between the 2.

At mania, you put that match as the main event, i know reigns is in another mania main event, and have Balor win over reigns to regain his title that he never lost.

This would be an awesome story to tell and the build up would be awesome. But i now that this is just fantasy and will pretty much happen is that Rollins or wyatt will probably win this match. Then Strowman will get his shot at summerslam followed by whoever out of the other three did get their shot at the title and it will end at mania when reigns finally conquered the beast and get the universal title away from lesnar.

If there is one match I've looked forward to post Mania, it's this one. I can't wait to see what this Fatal Five way match turns out to be. Should be loads of fun.

I know that considering there isn't a title on the line, WWE actually has to for once put effort in and try to push this like a huge match, but I think they've gone a little overboard with it. They've been calling this, "The match that could define the New Era" or at least something along those lines and that's a pretty big tagline to attach to a match that's only gonna determine who Brock beats at a B-level PPV with one of the worst names of all-time. With that said though, I'm very much looking forward to it.

Picking a winner is hard though. Whoever wins is most likely just gonna be a one off for Lesnar before his real feud for Summerslam begins. I think we can eliminate Roman right off the bat, as they're not gonna put him anywhere near Lesnar until next WrestleMania. I'm also not gonna give much chance to Seth or Balor because I think there's better stories you can tell with them and Lesnar on more prestigious shows, especially Balor. That would only leave Joe and Wyatt. I'm tempted to lean towards Joe but then that's essentially wasting what many would consider a dream match. That would leave only Wyatt but he's not a good option either, feeding Bray to Lesnar would be a disaster.

That's where a lot of the intrigue falls for me, it's one of the few times in recent memory I don't know really know what to expect going in. I don't even trust the betting odds this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back