• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Extreme Rules: Chris Jericho VS Fandango

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
We are one day away from the PPV. How does this not have a thread yet? I'll fix that.

20130506_Light_ER_Match_jerichofandango_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Chris Jericho will be facing Fandango at Extreme Rules on May 19th 2013 as a rematch from their recent encounter at Wrestlemania 29.

I can't say that I am all that excited about this. Jericho should be able to get a good match out of Fandango and hopefully it will be better than their Wrestlemania match. I'm really not that interested in it though and despite Jericho being in the match, which often has been enough to catch my attention due to how awesome Jericho is. Jericho will likely get the win here. Fandango got his big win at Wrestlemania, Jericho needs a win more now than Fandango does. It's also not realistic for someone as new as Fandango to defeat Jericho at two consecutive PPV events. Jericho wins and Fandango somehow gets another rematch so that there will be a tiebreaker to end the feud. I expect the feud to continue for one more PPV event after Jericho wins this match. It goes on toward the middle of the show, most likely.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Chris Jericho will defeat Fandango.

---------------------------------------------

So how about the rest of you? I'll open it up for discussion now that I have gotten my prediction and thoughts on the match out there.

What are your thoughts going into this match? Who do you think will win, why?

Discuss! :)

Well unlike his last/first match, Fandango with an "extreme" environment could show his vicious side and well, it won't give us a classic match, but it has potential to be a really entertaining match. Like Dagger said, ii wouldn't make much sense if Fandango wins here but stranger things have happened and well Jericho doens't have any problem with losing to new talents.

Anyway, I hope Jericho wins.

This feud has heated up a bit, and Jericho has actually been winning some matches. I would like to see him win this one too, but I see no reason why he would unless they are going to have a third match. Fandango needs to keep the momentum going, and I think he picks up the win here.

I'm hoping your prediction is right Dagger as I feel basically the same way as you. Jericho does need the win more than Fandango at this point. What is the value to Chris putting over younger talent if he isn't presented as a viable contender instead of "just the guy that puts over the new talent"
Still in the back of my mind is that Fandango is Vince's new project piece so anything can happen in the outcome. Personally in the extreme rules match up I would think it favors the veteran Jericho but it wouldn't surprise me if Vince rehashes the WM scenario where Fandango goes over at the PPV and Jericho kicks his ass on Raw the next night.
I am pulling for Jericho for the win at the PPV but I am not getting my hopes up that Vince will do the right thing and will instead just protect the gains he has made on Fandangos build up.
After Raw it looked to me like Jericho would walk out the winner but after Smackdown I am now thinking it will be Fandango for the PPV win.

My moneys on jericho. Because this feud isn't very good and probably ending. Also it's wwe and when has a heel EVERRRR actually won the whole feud. Being the face in the e = the win

Oh yah Jericho should definitely go over in this match. He does need the win more than Fahnnnn Dahnnnn Go does. When was the last time that jericho needed a ppv win let alone a win? Anyway this match could very well be in the middle of the PPV or the opening bout. Either way Jericho goes over in this one making the feud 1-1 apiece.

While their WM match was eh this one will be much better IMO. I also expect this feud to continue into the summertime with Jericho going over IMO. I cant help it Jericho is awesome and I have always liked him

I agree in that really it needs a Jericho win as retribution and to even the score between them. I like the idea of the extreme environment for them both as it gives them the opportunity to really demonstrate the anger they've been generating between one another. It also 'protects' Fandango somewhat from having a straight wrestling match and will give him more experience. I loved the Jericho-Punk match from last year, and know that Jericho can work a great no DQ match.

Jericho for a win, hopefully!

Doesn't it seem as if WWE management knew from the start the Fandango "sensation" was going to be limited in duration? The way they've booked him suggests they did. After all, he starts out with a bunch of "almost matches" that get folks interested in him. Then, his first official contest is against an all-time immortal, Chris Jericho, on whom he turns the tables and gets the win.....at Wrestlemania, no less.

From there, Creative takes him to where preliminary wrestlers usually start out; wins over the Santinos' and Justin Gabriels' of the mid-card world.

Now, he's back at a PPV with Chris Jericho.

Weird, weird, weird booking, no?

Still, the company is correct to get whatever mileage they can out of this project, even as they correctly understand that it ain't gonna last long. If not for some of the mainstream coverage the gimmick has received, it might have been over already. But it's just like WWE to ride a horse until it drops from exhaustion.

Much as I'd like to see Jericho get his revenge, the fact is that Y2J's agenda with WWE doesn't really require him to win any matches. His legend is secure and he seems ready and willing to build new stars. So, Jericho wins this only if the company is ready to give up on Fandango-Mania.

Just as a note, the Fandango gimmick will not last forever. Soon, people WILL tire of it, and it'll be abandoned. I can see it happening at the earliest after Summerslam or something. Johnny Curtis as himself isn't a bad heel and he can hold his own without the Fandango gimmick.

Anyway, as much as I want Jericho to win here, I can see the feud probably ending here with Fandango getting the win. I think a loss here might cause Fandango to lose some momentum, while Jericho really doesn't have a reason to win here, seeing as he's part-time, and pretty much secured a slot in the WWE HoF anyway. The Wrestlemania match wasn't horrible, and I expect a good match here too.

Now, he's back at a PPV with Chris Jericho.

Weird, weird, weird booking, no?

Not necessarily. A lot of feuds carry over into Extreme Rules, which replaced Backlash.

So, Jericho wins this only if the company is ready to give up on Fandango-Mania.

WWE wasn't ready to give up on Dolph Ziggler when he tapped out clean as a sheet at Summerslam 2012 to Jericho while he was holding MITB. The bigger item is he won the bigger match, which was the MITB vs You're Fired Match.

Fandango has already won the 'bigger match', my friend, which was at WrestleMania. I know Jericho is ready and willing to put over younger stars, and he's to be applauded for that. I have a ton of respect for Jericho for doing so. But if he's to remain some credibility, he has to win occasionally right?

I think that happens here. Fandango won his first match, against Jericho, at WrestleMania. It doesn't get much bigger then winning a match against a guy who was in the semi-main event of WrestleMania just the year prior, in a match for the WWE Championship. Jericho needs to be a serious challenger for either the WWE or World Title, albeit if he's sticking around, that is. Fandango isn't, regardless of who he beat at WM, close to there, and Jericho can provide a lift in that department.

Jericho's promo Monday night was the clincher for me. It was serious Chris Jericho, not playful Y2J. That made me believe that he would be going over, as it was a strong babyface promo that usually indicates a win. I didn't see Smackdown Friday, granted, so I don't know if they furthered the story, but Fandango certainly got the last blow in on Jericho.

That usually leads to a babyface win, does it not? Summer Rae interference is thwarted by, hell, the chick from DWTS, and Jericho wins this clean.

This all depends on Jericho returning AFTER the PPV tonight. If he's going to be around for a bit, I see Jericho winning tonight and having the rubber match at another PPV. If not, Fandango will win and go onto the next opponent. Nice feud so far without having many matches. I like the one upsmanship that's been displayed so far and I can't wait to see these two pick up where they left off at WrestleMania.

I would think if anyone wins at extreme rules it will be Fandango for the wild card will be Summer Rae.

I honestly see no reason why this feud has to continue. Jericho already put over Fandango at WrestleMania. And Jericho should either be feuding for titles or against higher profile opponents. I would've much rather seen Fandango wrestling someone else like Christian (he's medically cleared), or just a random match against a low level guy.

I honestly see no reason why this feud has to continue. Jericho already put over Fandango at WrestleMania. And Jericho should either be feuding for titles or against higher profile opponents. I would've much rather seen Fandango wrestling someone else like Christian (he's medically cleared), or just a random match against a low level guy.

He's a new character, and WWE is obviously intent on pushing him hard. Whether it be win or lose, what better way to do that then to first give him a win at WrestleMania against Jericho, a six time World Champion, then to have him face Y2J once again?

The best thing about it is he doesn't need to win either to be elevated here. He already beat Jericho, both in his first match and at WrestleMania, so a loss here won't kill him. It's a good first feud for Fandango, and there have been countless matches over the years that have been WrestleMania rematches. Heck, Lesnar is wrestling HHH again too.

I would think if anyone wins at extreme rules it will be Fandango for the wild card will be Summer Rae.

I feel the opposite. Unlike the "Dance-off" Monday, I think her interference will backfire, and cost Fandango the match.

This match is a toss up, because it's hit or miss as to whether or not the WWE will continue to push Fandango or they'll let this gimmick run its course. The way it's set up, Jericho's lost to him already and has been attacked quite a bit as well. Jericho's also come out and basically said the time for dancing is over - which would indicate a more focused Jericho.

I could see this one go either way, but I'll take Jericho to win this clean as I don't think a loss to Jericho will hurt Fandango all that much, and it'll let them both move on to bigger things.

The wild card here is Ziggler... If he is going to be out for any length of time then Jericho is needed higher up the card and a win tonight can allow that to happen. Christian or Rey can be the ones to continue with Fandango if Vince is intent on pushing him, but I get the feeling now the "Fandangoing" stuff has died down that they will move to slowly kill the character. They wanted it over, but not in that way, where the music became the star rather than the guy in the ring.

I say tonight Jericho needs a clinic type win, using all the "tricks" of his heel days but keeping the fans onside. He can then step up into the Swagger/Del Rio situation if they need the 3rd man to keep it going or if worst case Ziggler has to vacate - then he is a perfect placeholder champ till he returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back