WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 - WWE Tag Team Championship: The NAO (c) VS The Usos

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE.com has officially announced that the Road Dogg Jesse James & Badass Billy Gunn will defend the tag titles this Sunday against The Usos. I'm sure that a formal announcement will be made on tonight's episode of Raw. Given that The Usos scored a win over The Outlaws in an eight man tag match this past Friday on SmackDown!, it was pretty obvious this match was coming.

It's possible that the NAO drop the titles at EC, but I'm doubting it. If they drop them Sunday, there's no real reason I can see for them to stick around for WrestleMania XXX.

As far as I can tell, they take them into WM30 and drop to the Usos there. I feel like this is an early trigger match, and doesn't need to happen at the EC. I mean, I could see the NAO dropping them at EC to the Usos, but then there'd have to be a heel tag team ready to fight the Usos at WM30, and there just aren't any qualified tag teams ready for that top heel slot outside of the NAO.

I thought Wrestlemania would have been a great time for The Uso's to win the tag championships. They are a popular team and have been very enjoyable for a long time.

Maybe the New Age Outlaws retain the titles (by DQ or something) allowing another match at Mania. I don't see the point in them dropping the belts so soon after winning them. I'm feeling very nostalgic and I think there return has been pretty good. Give them an extra moment and allow them to drop the belts to The Uso's on the grandest stage of them all.

I feel the Outlaws nostalgia run has ran it's course and in truth they are better used as faces given their entertaining entrance schtick. However I expect they'll escape with the titles here and lose them in some multi-team match at Mania designed to cram as many guys onto the card as possible.

I became the fan of Usos. They are young and charishmatic baby face wrestlers. I expected they pick the gold from shield but rhodes brothers got the title from the shield and then NAO bags the titles from rhodes brothers. Now its perfect time for Usos. I dont think they have a match at wm30. So they get the title from NAO at ec.

I think wwe use NAO as a transitional champions. Usos are also transitional champions so they won the gold at EC. Wwe put the belt to Wyatt Family near future.

It's too early for The Outlaws to drop the belts, they just won the titles, and I agree with the first two posters that they should save The Usos' first title win for Wrestlemania, giving them their Mania moment.

NAO should go over here and then go on to defend the belts against the 3 other top teams in a Four Corners match at WM - Usos, Rybaxel and Los Matadores (assuming The Real Americans and Cody & Goldust have split up by then for matches against each other).

I don't mind this match. I think the NAO win. Or....or...screwy finish, belts held up, and a 5 team TLC match at Mania? Why not I say, I'd love to see it.

I can see NAO keeping the titles past Wrestlemania. Lately, WWE gives their tag champs lengthy reigns.

Usos couldn't beat The Shield for the tag team titles. I think if NAO loses the tag team titles, it'd be to a team that is involved in a major storyline

If NAO is going to drop them to anyone, do it at Wrestle Mania where everyone will be watching and it'll help a young team like the Usos. I haven't cared too much about their run, but I think it would make a lot more sense to let them hold the tag titles until Mania and put over the Usos there. The Usos have really come along as of late and have gotten some nice exposure.

The Usos have such a unique style in and out of the ring. I love the fans getting into their entrance war cry and the face paint is something you don't see a whole lot of in teams anymore, Goldust aside. Now if some teams from NXT can just come up, we can really get this division going.

The match will not be anything as good as what The Usos have been putting out in their last chances for the tag team gold. I am a big fan of The New Age Outlaws, I'm enjoying their run but I don't get this rivalry and I know most of the things in WWE are like that, but why are these teams fighting? Why are the New Age Outlaws not talking trash about The Usos? It's pretty much a scheduled fight for the PPV and may the best man win.

This one truly needs to be thought as far as placement goes. The crowd won't really be that hot for it when compared to other matches like Shield/Wyatts, Batista/Del Rio and The Chamber so it could be a good way to open up the show and get the boost from the roaring fresh crowd. I was expecting to see Young/Titus opening it up, but since they added the stipulation it will most likely be the second match, leaving this to open up the show.

As far as prediction goes I'll say that New Age Outlaw will retain the Tag Team Championship, but I could see them dropping it if the plan is to have a three-way at WrestleMania with The Rhodes Bros. involved somehow. The outcome is what I want to see, because I feel that the match will be slow and will show some of Usos's weaknesses as far as being babyface goes.

I fear this match will be won by The Uso's. Why? I'd prefer them to win at Mania. They've got all the potential, but the fact they'd be winning them this close to the biggest PPV of the year kinda sucks when they could have the biggest moment of their career in 7 weeks or so.

The Uso's are a great talent & I do see them going away with the titles at EC. Hopefully, they've have a decent team to defend against at Mania though, otherwise this reign may not be too great.

I agree that the Outlaws should hold onto the belts here, and drop them to the Uso's at Mania. A tag team passing of the torch of sorts at the biggest stage. Outlaws win this one with some underhanded tactics.

Not sure who will actually win this match, but I doubt The Usos leave with the titles. Outlaws will retain I think, but will it be by underhanded tactics or a dq?

20140214_EP_LIGHT_EC_matches_outlawsusos_HOMEPAGE.jpg

I have no desire to watch this match whatsoever. NONE. The New Age Outlaws should never have won the Tag Team Championship. They are past their prime and no longer need a title reign of any sort. They are popular enough that will get cheered for regardless. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan of theirs as I have been for years, but I strongly disagreed with them becoming Tag Team Champions. And don't even get me started on THE USOS, of all people, getting a title shot on PPV. So we have a team that should never have won the belts in the first place defending against a team that should have been fired years ago because of how much they suck. Yeah, no. Forget this match. I'll take my dogs for a walk and if it's still on when I return I will go grab a snack from the pantry. I have some efrutti Lunch Bag Gummies left, this match is a perfect time to grab those.

Oh, right the match. New Age Outlaws will retain so a tag team that, unlike The Usos, actually deserve a title shot can get put over at Wrestlemania 30 by the legends. I think it will go on earlier in the evening and I don't have very high expectations for the match considering who is in it. Maybe the legends can get a tolerable match out of the challengers. I don't care regardless, though. WWE has not given me a reason to care about the match, therefore I couldn't care less.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
The New Age Outlaws will retain the Tag Team Championship.

I hope The Usos, get the belts at Mania, if not I just don't know anymore, if any tag team should get the belts its the Usos, there on fire.

Can't really complain about the Usos NOT getting the title here, not with WM coming up. Can't even complain about their loss being clean (shocking, but you CAN still have an honest buildup to a Face victory without heel tactics).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back