WWE Depth....Not as bad as I tended to believe

Hakushi

Kensuke "Jinsei" Shinzaki
Looking at Wrestlemania here. Roughly 9 Matches (including pre-show and ATGBR). With two likely matches consisting of:
Bray v Taker
Trips v Sting

Add to that at least 1 Divas match and two tag matches. I'm guessing
New Day v Ascension (pre show)
Uso's v Cesaro/Kidd (Titles)

That leaves 4 matches. 4!! To fit in the likes of:
Cena, Rusev, Orton, Reigns, Brock, Ambrose, Bryan, Dolph, Barrett, Rollins, Sheamus, Big Show, Gold/Stardust, Harper, Rowan, Ryback, Sandow, Miz etc....Along with the possibility of a returning star or two (Rock, Dudleys, Y2J, RVD)
It seems that quite a few that may deserve it will be left as space fillers in the ATGBR.
Nothing WWE can really do about this either, short of putting on a 15 match card and rushing thru it all. Not complaining, just surprised when I realized the depth.

It actually is interesting. It seems hard to fit everyone on the card. But you also have to factor in the part timers. Take out Triple H, Sting, Taker, and Brock, and a few more spots open up. Sad part is though nobody is guaranteed a spot on the card. There's just not enough space to fill that many stories. So that's why people will be thrown in the battle royal. But if everything was done right, the card may only have like three "main events" it could feature a 9 match or so card where every match is high profile and important. At least that's how it should be!

Have a Divas title Battle Royal and the AtG Battle Royal to fit in guys with no storyline going into Mania.

A Tag title match on the pre-show.

And 7 Matches can be done with those Major players that will remain.

I think the possible Mania card this year can be stronger than last year's given that the SHIELD trio have all seperated, Ryback and Ziggler have been rebooted as well. BNB is the IC Champ(though I doubt an IC match takes place unless it is against Ziggler/Ambrose), then there is also Rusev who has been booked very well also.

I'd say the guys who would most likely get major matches on the card are:
Cena, Orton, Bryan, Reigns, Rollins, Rusev, Wyatt and the PTs: HHH, Brock Lesnar, Sting and if healthy, the Undertaker.
That is 11 guys above, plus, there is Ryback, Ambrose, Ziggler and Barrett. Everyone else goes into the Battle Royal match, and possibly the last 4 mentioned also would be in that match.

I think it is clear that the Card itself has potential, and also, can be filled with meaningful matches rather than having to put filler crap on it to get to a 8/9 match card like has been done in recent years.

Looking at Wrestlemania here. Roughly 9 Matches (including pre-show and ATGBR). With two likely matches consisting of:
Bray v Taker
Trips v Sting

Cena, Rusev, Orton, Reigns, Brock, Ambrose, Bryan, Dolph, Barrett, Rollins, Sheamus, Big Show, Gold/Stardust, Harper, Rowan, Ryback, Sandow, Miz etc....Along with the possibility of a returning star or two (Rock, Dudleys, Y2J, RVD)
It seems that quite a few that may deserve it will be left as space fillers in the ATGBR.
Nothing WWE can really do about this either, short of putting on a 15 match card and rushing thru it all. Not complaining, just surprised when I realized the depth.

WWE have an extremely strong talent pool IMO. Mid card is as strong as it has ever been. Said all along that Sting and Taker should team up against Triple H, Wyatt and Kane. Could tell a great story leading up to Mania 32 where Taker and Sting have their showdown. Plus it free's up a slot.

Rollins will probably face Orton, Cena against Rusev, Reigns against Brock and I would like to see Bryan against Dolph in a number 1 contenders match. Barrett vs Sheamus vs Ambrose for the IC Title can finish off the matches.

Ryback wins the big Battle Royal.

If the Tag Team championship match last year was a pre-show match, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing this year. Not to mention that I don't think the Ascension or New Day will have an appearance at WM outside of the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal. The Ascension have had one ppv appearance so far, and the fans really aren't getting behind New Day, so I don't think they'd waste a spot on the card by having these guys square off. Expect them in the ATGBR and that's it.

Bray v Taker
Trips v Sting

Yeah WWE's roster is deep with talented wrestlers. It's just when they don't have nothing to do with they're useless. They could get creative with their matches, like adding more tag teams to the tag matches. Triple threat IC/US title matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back