WWE.com P25 (Power 25)

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
For the past several years now, WWE.com has had a weekly feature on the website named "Power 25". Back in 2007 and some of 2008, I would check the P25 quite often. Just to see who moved up for the week, who moved down, and who remained the same. However, I have been noticing that the listings haven't exactly been as accurate as it has been in past years.

The Top 10 listings for the final P25 before Bragging Rights are as followed:

1. D-Generation X
2. The Undertaker
3. Christian
4. John Morrison
5. Randy Orton
6. Kofi Kingston
7. Legacy
8. C.M. Punk
9. The Miz
10. Jack Swagger

Some others I wanted to mention are... John Cena takes Number 11 (down for Number 9), Yoshi Tatsu at Number 21 (up from Number 23), and Matt Hardy at Number 24 after not being there at all last week. Also, Dolph Ziggler stays at Number 13, while Drew McIntyre drops from Number 21 to 23 and Cryme Tyme is completely taken off.

I want to get your opinions on the Power 25 as a whole, and what you think about this week's edition? I have been able to criticize the P25 pretty much every week now... something that I haven't always been able to legitimately do in years past. Why is The Hart Dynasty not in the Power 25 if Cryme Tyme is taken off? How does Ziggler remaining at #13 and McIntyre dropping 2 spots make sense? If both lost their spots on Team Smackdown?

Why are your thoughts?

Like you, about 3, 4 years ago I checked the Power 25 quite often. Back then, it actually seemed pretty legit, not kayfabe at all. I think I stopped because I started going on wrestling sites (like this) more often so I lost interest in the P25. I checked it a few weeks ago and it seems totally kayfabe now as a lot of the rankings made no sense to me.

Hard for me to rank this week's edition as I've yet to watch ECW or Smackdown. Though I'm not sure how Kofi is ranked so high since he didn't really do anything this week; I'd probably but Miz ahead of him, but other than that, I can't really comment on it.

I dont like the power 25. It just doesn't seem right, or it just sets off and makes the point that wwe does not have that much star power. Think about it like this, Kofi Kingston, according to the p25, is the sixth best person currently in wwe when he is not even a champion. This is actually pretty bad. I know they update after each week according to how someone does, but like really, in the top ten you see the likes of jack swagger and the miz. This is pretty awful. The wwe's greatest and most popular star right now, john cena, is not considered in the top ten of wwe right now because he lost to the number 1 person, but someone who fought in a match against the number 5 guy and barely threw a punch in the match is number 7? (ted dibiase)

We sit here and talk about the best in wwe, but really this show what wwe thinks is their best right now. This is the top 25 of current wwe, and chris jericho, john cena, big show, and mysterio are not even considered doing "good". This is telling me that when i turn on the tv, i am expecting that on raw, the best superstars i will see are legacy, orton, kofi kingston, the miz, and jack swagger, and dx. And the honest truth is, that is actually true.

This power 25 pretty much shows me wwe sucks right now with actual popular superstars. Take a look into 2005. The top ten consisted of ten actual good, popular guys. Eddie, Cena, Batista, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Mysterio, Big Show, Kane, Benoit, Matt Hardy with Triple H and Booker T right there behind them. I feel bad for the kids who have to grow up with this and watch it, cause i know that they are watching it and loving it and saying how awesome it is, but they just don't know that is really is the worst bit of wwe television in a long time.

i dont go on the P25, thinking any differnt than i did before seeing it. i dont really

think that high of it, it is wwe posting what they want to post. they probably have it

already written out, just waiting for saturday to roll around. but thats my opionon on it

if anyone cares :)

I love the idea of of P25 because its shows which wrestlers are doing well, but because its all kayfabe it kinda of ruins the system. Like the fact that Cena, no.1 contender is below d-x who do nothing in the title picture and punk is below kingston? it's too random.
Also the divas should also get their own p10 or how many there are because you only get the champs on a list that also has male wrestlers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back