• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Clash Of Champions: WWE Universal Championship - Kevin Owens (c) VS Seth Rollins

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After tonight's roller coaster of a main event, it's definitively going to be Kevin Owens defending the Universal Championship against Seth Rollins.

This should be an outstanding match, but there's little chance of Rollins winning the title. Unless something drastically changes, I can see Owens retaining until, at least, WrestleMania as I think the big focus for Rollins until then will be setting things up for a match with Triple H. He may remain in the title picture off & on for the rest of the year and maybe into the Royal Rumble, but I don't see Rollins becoming champion again until he's had a program with Triple H.

I am expecting this match to be good enough.

I would love a face Rollins Championship reign but it would be too soon for Owens to lose the title. Owens deserves and should have a credible title reign atleast until Survivor Series or Royal Rumble.

I guess that Triple H might interfere again OR lay out Rollins after the match so that Triple H Vs. Rollins takes place at Survivor Series.

Owens has to lose his title either to Rollins (later in this year) or Balor (but it's gonna take long time for his return or Zayn (which is a bit of stretch).

Yes Owens does deserve a credible title reign and here is hoping Owens retains at Clash of Champions because if he does then the next RAW PPV is Hell in a Cell but then who does that leave Owens to face for the title? Owens most likely will have to defend his title inside the Cell and if he does then who can he face?

Rollins I can see him losing at Clash of Champions if anything because I see Triple H showing up again and costing Rollins the title but if he doesn't then I can see Owens cheating to win

If Triple H shows up again then it would make sense for Owens to be aligned with HHH given their connection in NXT and Owens being in The Authority's pocket makes total sense crowning him as the "New Chosen One" replacing Rollins it is perfect

Not a bad Main Event here.

I like both men in the ring and I've been loving Rollins the last couple weeks with the slow face turn. Owens has been a great champion and has done an amazing heeling it up. Just 2 of the best on RAW going at it for the top title in what should be a good match.

I see Owens winning but seem to be one of the few that doesn't want him to win clean. He's a heel so why are people clamoring for him to win clean to cement his title reign as a good one? I think he should be doing the exact opposite to cement himself as one of the better heel champions in a long time.

Yes i agree with this i too actually want Owens to get a dirty heel win and why? Because not only would it cement him as a top heel as champion but it would basically center around the fact that as a champion he will do anything it takes to win a match whether it be cleanly or by using cheap underhanded tactics like think JBL in his 04-05 title reign

For some reason, I have a feeling that WWE wil place the title back on Rollins, although I hope I'm wrong.

I think Owens wins here, in a cheap fashion, or maybe the match becomes a brutal brawl at the end, or Owens tries to DQ himself, Steve Austin style from SSlam 2001, only for Mick to continualy restart the match.

RAW is like a soap opera and i could see this happening, just to set up the Hell In A Cell match at the next PPV.

After tonight's roller coaster of a main event, it's definitively going to be Kevin Owens defending the Universal Championship against Seth Rollins.

This should be an outstanding match, but there's little chance of Rollins winning the title. Unless something drastically changes, I can see Owens retaining until, at least, WrestleMania as I think the big focus for Rollins until then will be setting things up for a match with Triple H. He may remain in the title picture off & on for the rest of the year and maybe into the Royal Rumble, but I don't see Rollins becoming champion again until he's had a program with Triple H.

I think it'll be a while before Rollins is champ again. He's dominated the title picture when healthy for nearly a year. I believe once Balor returns and Reigns get out of the doghouse they'll dominate the title picture with KO.

For some reason, I have a feeling that WWE wil place the title back on Rollins, although I hope I'm wrong.

I think Owens wins here, in a cheap fashion, or maybe the match becomes a brutal brawl at the end, or Owens tries to DQ himself, Steve Austin style from SSlam 2001, only for Mick to continualy restart the match.

RAW is like a soap opera and i could see this happening, just to set up the Hell In A Cell match at the next PPV.

I hate the HIAC PPV is still a thing. I don't think any feuds RAW currently has is appropriate for that type of match. Usually those matches are feud ending.

I hate the HIAC PPV is still a thing. I don't think any feuds RAW currently has is appropriate for that type of match. Usually those matches are feud ending.

Me too mate. I can't understand why it's still around. It really isn't a spectacle match with big spots. They just made it a standard match with just a cage around. The Cell should be about ending feuds, killing people and going through hell.

I have no problem with TLC or Extreme Rules, because you know they're fun.

Maybe WWE should just keep two gimmick PPVs from now on. Extreme Rules for RAW and TLC for Smackdown.

Me too mate. I can't understand why it's still around. It really isn't a spectacle match with big spots. They just made it a standard match with just a cage around. The Cell should be about ending feuds, killing people and going through hell.

I have no problem with TLC or Extreme Rules, because you know they're fun.

Maybe WWE should just keep two gimmick PPVs from now on. Extreme Rules for RAW and TLC for Smackdown.

That would be great. I wonder would they put women in those type of matches because the women wrestlers now are better than they were 10 years ago as collective group.

Kevin Owens to win and Triple H to get involved in the match. There is literally no other way I see this match going, to be honest. Triple H has been remarkably absent over the last few editions of Raw and, if anything, it only makes it more certain that he is due to appear at Clash of Champions to look out for his pick in Kevin Owens. And really, I'm okay with this.

It looks as though the WWE is set on doing the Seth Rollins versus Triple H match some point in the future and this is going to be the foundations to that, there is no doubt about it. Personally, I'm happy to see Triple H passing the torch to Rollins. But as far as this match goes, you can bet your bottom dollar on Kevin Owens leaving Clash of Champions with the Universal Championship.

Triple H not appearing at Clash Of Champions was a bad decision. Jericho's interference did almost compensate it though.

I think that Rollins Vs Triple H should happen at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble. Till then have Triple H or Stephanie McMahon screw him over and over. Rollins goes over Triple H at Royal Rumble and then wins the title back at Wrestlemania 33.

About the match, I liked it a lot. I hope that Rollins isn't legitimately hurt as it looked like otherwise. Maybe his selling was great. A screwy finish was required to protect Rollins and the referee bump helped Owens and Jericho to screw Rollins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back