• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Clash Of Champions: Raw Tag Team Championship - New Day (c) VS Gallows & Anderson

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
These two teams had a pretty entertaining bout on Raw tonight and it's among the best I've seen Gallows & Anderson look. Given that New Day will have been WWE Raw Tag Team Champions for 399 days, you have to wonder if WWE is finally going to pull the trigger on an Anderson & Gallows title run or if they're going to let New Day break Demolition's record of 478 days to become the longest reigning tag team champs in company history.

New Day should surely lose this match and thus the tag titles.

Gallows-Anderson need the title victory much more than New Day. Plus we have witnessed enough of New Day as champions.

Gallows-Anderson should have a dominant title reign and just leave lame comedy they have been doing since couple of years. Just let these guys be via what they were successful in NJPW.

If they keep booking Gallows and Anderson in tag title matches then I'm going to get the worrying feeling that they might win one. There's no aura there, they're just solid hands in that division now. No way should such a long reign end at their hands.

Gallows and Anderson are due for a title reign especially now that their boy Styles is WWE World Champion...imagine The Club running the WWE...Styles on Smackdown as champion and Gallows & Anderson as WWE Tag Team Champions on RAW

I'm hoping New Day retains to be honest.

The Club has fallen down a couple pegs in my eyes due to the horrible, horrible cringe worthy comedy attempts in this feud. Just fucking awful. They need to go back to being the straight up ass kickers they were when they debuted and win them at Survivor Series.

If New Day retains at CoC, then the feud is over and New Day need a new challenger.

The Club has already beaten New Day twice in a row. I really don't know how this match will end and I don't care really. That's a problem, I should care.

I think The Club wins those belts here and they become the only tag team to not have lost against the New Day in a tag team match.

These two teams had a pretty entertaining bout on Raw tonight and it's among the best I've seen Gallows & Anderson look. Given that New Day will have been WWE Raw Tag Team Champions for 399 days, you have to wonder if WWE is finally going to pull the trigger on an Anderson & Gallows title run or if they're going to let New Day break Demolition's record of 478 days to become the longest reigning tag team champs in company history.

I'm not sure how long they could drag it out. That's nearly 3 more months for them to break the record. It's not like holding onto the titles are a big payoff at WM, usually put the tag champs in a forgettable multi tag team match.

I'd say give Gallows and Anderson the titles. New Day gets their rematch at HIAC, take part in a Survivor Series match. Then, move on to Enzo and Big Cass going into WM season. Meanwhile New Day can help elevate a legit heel tag team. I can't take The Shining Stars seriously.

My issue with Gallows and Anderson is that they aren't interesting, and it sucks because they are the only heel team that New Day can/should lose to. With that said, I don't see New Day losing at Clash of Champions.

Wwe allowed G & A to completely destroy the Dudleys during their retirement speech and it was a complete waste. The fans still don't care about them, and its even worse now with these ridiculous skits as its getting hard to see them as credible.

I would be completely fine with New Day winning and holding onto the championships for another 3 months, but they need to change things up. For starters Kofi and Woods should be the ones defending the titles as Kofi has way more chemistry in the ring with Woods than he does with Big E. Also start back using that "third man advantage", and...get serious! They can keep promoting the Booty O' but they should be more serious when they are feuding with actual championship threats.

They can keep promoting the Booty O' but they should be more serious when they are feuding with actual championship threats.

Nah, not really. That's simply not who they are. They tried that in the feud with the Wyatt's and it just felt off, didn't it? Most of what makes the New Day entertaining is their irreverence for their opponents, and that should be their downfall as well.

As for who wins the match, it has to be Gallows and Anderson, doesn't it? They came into the company on fire by beating down Roman Reigns and then pretty much squashing the Usos the next week, then getting involved in the main events at Payback and Extreme Rules. I figured them as shoe-ins for the titles at that point, if not at Money In The Bank, then at Battleground once New Day broke the record for longest tag title reign.

But something funny happened in the intertim. Their affiliation with AJ Styles ended when Styles was drafted to Smackdown, and they were pushed aside for the Wyatt feud. Most of that I think is due to the fact that apart from AJ, neither Gallows nor Anderson is that interesting. WWE tried the comedic route with them to this feud and it just didn't work.

I would have kept them as serious ass kickers. The jokes are New Day's territory, and that's fine for them. It works, because while the shelf life on most of their humor has worn off, it's what's gotten them over. What got Gallows and Anderson over from the start? Other than AJ Styles, it was beating people up. So New Day laughs, Gallows and Anderson should have beaten them up. New Day laughs that off? Fine, Gallows and Anderson beat them up again. The minute they tried to make this feud into any more than that is where they really lost me, and their attempt to re-establish the pair as threats to the New Day really hasn't worked.

So the only thing that can really be done at this point to get momentum back is to have them win, which is what I think happens here. New champs.

Prediction: New Day wins and retains the WWE Raw Tag Team Championships.

Rivalry: One of the worst feuds for New Day. It actually drag them down too, because WWE screwed up in understanding what Gallows and Anderson are. The Club is and should've always been an ass kicker gang, instead they tried to make shitty comedy to explain the matches. Anderson & Gallows vs. New Day seriously has no interesting backstory, because they ruined it with the "ring postitis" crap. They should've "injured" Big E. won the championships. Because, after that, they exposed themselves and are now labeled as "not entertaining". They should start over and feud with two other guys (Neville & Sami Zayn or Two Cruiserweights) to get a fresh and interesting feel.

At this time we just want The New Day vs. Enzo & Cass, and the rest of the division might as well get back tp the board, since none of them is interesting aside from this two. Hoping that The Revival gets called up.

I don't think Gallows and Anderson have the right momentum to be impactfull heel champs.
If they win now, they will just be another generic heel tag team.

I'd say, you have New Day retain now, for now. Anderson & Gallows have had New Day's number for a while now, so I think New Day winning one much won't hurt.
Then, you build-up for Survivor Series an interpromotional 3-on-3 match: Shield vs The Club. How you book this, I have an idea, but it's not fit for this thread.

You have The Club beat the Shield at Survivor Series and THEN, with the right momentum, you make Gallows and Anderson the tag team champions.

In the meantime, New Day retains against Shinning Stars and Enzo & Cass in a triple threat match at the October PPV and then face Enzo & Cass at Survivor Series. Enzo & Cass win.

At the December PPV, you have The Club beat Enzo & Cass and then you build towards Wrestlemania, with Enzo & Cass and The New Day chasing the RAW Tag Team Championships, culminating at Wrestlemania, in the big money making triple threat match: Enzo & Cass vs New Day vs Club(c).

This matxh needs to happen. Not because I'm totally hype about it. But because it'll get it out of the way and, hopefully, I'll never have to see these teams have a match again. Quite frankly, I've been skipping most of the segments with these two teams in it on Raw lately and they haven't exactly been doing anything entertaining. The last time I thought it was entertaining was way before their last PPV match and even that seems like a long time ago.

I hope the New Day win, even though they won't. Mainly because it might free then up to reclaim some of their entertainment factor and do something fresh. We shall see.

Just saw this match.

Shockingly, the whole match was short enough but still I liked the match.

The ending was not right, too illogical I guess. Plus this result leaves Gallows-Anderson to lurk around doing nothing as their credibility as a tag team has been crippled.

WWE needs to let Gallows-Anderson be loose dominant heels instead of making them do stale comedy. It's such a waste at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back