• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Clash Of Champions: Charlotte (c) VS Natalya (Women's Championship)

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Another match just announce on wwe.com is the rematch between Charlotte and Natalya.

I could see a situation we're Charlotte does win the match but gets beat down by ruby riott and her squad and then Carmella cash in and win the title.

Anyway this match feel like just a way to get rid of that rematch clause and I don't see Natalya winning back the title,

The match will be entertaining, but it's ultimately just the blow off to Charlotte's program with Natalya. There's virtually no chance of Charlotte dropping the title back to Nattie, though I could see Carmella cashing in her briefcase following a tough match and a subsequent beatdown from Ruby and her new besties. It'd be out of the blue, which would make for a nice little shocking moment as Carmella has been on the backburner for the last little while.

At the same time, however, I could see WWE keeping the title on Charlotte for a good long run, at least to WrestleMania. Vince is incredibly high on Charlotte, and understandably so, and I can see her adding some needed zest to the title. Naomi held the title for 140 days and while she's fun in the ring, she's ultimately just a smiling babyface with a flashy entrance. I also like Natalya, but she's just as bland as it gets when it comes to really being a face or a heel, thank God she can actually wrestle. So yeah, I can see Charlotte holding the title for a while as it could use it.

There really isn't a strong enough reason for Natalya to dethrone the women's champ and I would certainly say betting on Charlotte is the safest bet throughout this entire card. While the match will be a decent one, what happens after is what everyone will remember at the end of the night. The Riot Squad will undoubtedly let their presence be felt and while I don't think they'll necessarily interfere in the match, an attack afterwards is pretty likely. Whether or not that allows a Carmella cash in makes for a pretty interesting predicament.

Hamler's Prediction — Charlotte will retain the Smackdown Women's Championship

Charlotte retains here. Though I can see Carmella cashing in as she in a M Night Shalamadingdong twist reveals that it was her that brought her NXT buddies to Smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back