WWE, bring back the Cruiserweight title now!!!

KillBill

Getting Noticed By Management
I know there was a similar thread earlier, I went back six or 7 pages and gave up, but right now WWE has the chance to bring back the cruiserweight title and have great things happen. There are still plenty of small wrestlers in WWE, so we have discussed the ups and downs of having it, but now is perfect, because of TNA. They are releasing quality wrestlers like Rave and Petey Williams, with most likely more to come. These are quality wrestlers, who lack size, who could be signed and brought in, then have a tournament to crown a new champ. What do you guys think? Sorry about this thread, if the old one is found, we can delete this one I guess.

I don't know about this one. Don't get me wrong. I would love to see the Cruiserweight division again. But lets start naming the cruiserweights, shall we:

Jimmy Wang Yang
Jamie Noble
Evan Bourne (attempted ECW gold [or is it silver?] before)
Rey Mysterio (maybe, I don't see him going back to a lesser title role though)
Primo Colon (probably)
Chavo Guerrero (again, former ECW champ, so maybe)
Hurricane Helms (he made his claim for the US title, so who knows)
The Brian Kendrick (he already had a WWE title opportunity, so probably)
Hornswoggle (kidding, of course)

So as you can see, only 2 for sure. The rest is up in the air. As for getting TNA talent, its a strong possiblity. But with the economy crisis, we probably won't see the Cruiserweight division for a while or ever again.

wwe is really poor in that way though... all good cruiserweight talents are long gone,, and they were years before the cruiserweight title got taken away. if wwe could get all the talent they had 5 years ago like ultimo dragon, billy kidman ,, all those guys that dissapeared then it would be awesome,, or if they stopped throwing away talent. example. paul london was a former cruiserweight champion,, then teams up with brian kendrick a total no-namer then they break up,, kendrick gets pushed as a top heel,, and london gets dumped even though he has so much more talent and so many better moves then kendrick. well yes wwe sucks .

The question is why do you want to restrict an entire group of wrestlers from having title shots or starring in fueds for titles? As great as it would be to see the cruiserweight division up and running, the WWE would be better spending its time trying to revive its dying, almost decaying tag team division and maybe even trying to elevate the ECW championship to be on par with the Major titles instead of bringing back the cruiserweight title. Although i do see the point in giving Jamie Noble and Jimmy Wang Yang more to do and with the release of Petey Williams, and Rave creating the opportunity to revive it, the loss of guys such as Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne and a few others from being able to hold such titles as the US, IC, ECW, WWE, WHC would not do these wrestlers nor the company a great deal of good. This is because as soon as there is a Cruiserweight title, that is as high as those deemed to be cruiserweights can go, limiting what you can do with such talent, like Evan Bourne, when he returns from injury, seems more than likely to either head towards the ECW or IC titles.

StickStar16, you talked about "restricting" an entire group of wrestlers. I am in total disagreement with you about this. Did you forget that Rey Mysterio won the World Heavyweight Championship while the Cruiserweight Championship was still around. This won't restrict them, it will open up a whole other group of rivalries and storylines and allow the smaller wrestlers to showcase their skills. And if they can bring in Petey, that would be fantastic. Look at the roster of cruiserweights the division could hold...

Rey Mysterio (big maybe)
Evan Bourne (probably the first new cruiserweight champion)
Petey Williams
Jimmy Wang Yang
Jamie Noble
Primo
Chavo
Hurricane
Kendrick

Thats a pretty good start. And then look at bringing London back. You could throw in possibly Hawkins, Rider, Santino (big maybe), Miz & Morrison (also big maybe). But that is a pretty decent roster of superstars all chasing the Cruiserweight title.

I'm sorry but no, do not bring it back. The WWE has no idea how to use high fliers. The cruiserweight title was essentially used as a midcard title with less prestige then the IC and US title before they retired it.

While I loved seeing Helms, Kid Kash, Hardy etc fight for it, but it was a joke. The real cruiserweight championship went down with WCW.

The X Division title is the closest thing to that belt now.

I would love to see WWE adopting the rules of MMA (UFC in that case) having divisions would make the championship wins even more credible.

For some people would be bad, like Mysterio and Jericho would be restricted to a Cruiserweight or Middleweight Division but it also would make them more important at their division, and for some reason it would make PPVs draw more if HeavyWeights collide for the belt.

But that is just me dreaming, if it's not to return with a restriction then I believe it's not necessary, after all.

Honestly do they really need another championship belt they have 9 championships as it is, They could just make Ecw A cruiserweight show and use that as the title because really they can't do any worse with what they're doing now on Ecw they'll pretty much let anyone win that belt

It's an okay idea, but they would have to move every Cruiserweight over to Smackdown(or Raw) for it to work. Guys like Carlito, Primo, Kendrick, Bourne and Helms would be good for the "main-event" Cruiserweights, or the serious title contenders. It would give them a chance to hold a title and build them up for future mid- and even main-event titles. Guys like Wang-Yang and Jesse could be the title contenders for variety and possible reigns, because otherwise they have nowhere to go in the WWE. So this is probably a good idea. I can't see them doing it really soon, but it should happen in the long run.

Firts off i would unify all the Championships in WWE (WWE/World Championship,Intercontinental/United States, WWE Tag/World Tag) because these days the belts have no prestige due to there being far to many which gives them less meaning.

World Champion,Intercontinental Champion & Tag Team Champions would defend there titles on all three shows (Raw, SmackDown & ECW) however in order for this to work rosters from all three brands must be kept seperate.

Each show would also have its own Unique Championship

e.g.

Raw - Womens Championship
Smackown - Crusierweight Championship
ECW - Hardcore Championship

It total thats 6 different Championships.

Regarding the Crusierweight Championship i beleive that if it were to make a comeback it should be renamed to something more modern (like TNA's X Division) furthermore WWE would need to hunt for some talent on the indies & sign them to contacts as their current crop of Crusierweights are quite pathetic.

WWE's new Crusierweight Division would need to be marketed as an important peice of the show & also the Crusierweights would need to be taken seriously if the Division is to be successful. Cruiserwights must also have permission not to wrestle WWE Style.

I would have.....

Evan Bourne
Rey Mysterio (Is stale & has nothing new to offer apart from competing in my fanatsy crusierwight division!)
Kaval (Low Ki - currently in WWE's training facility FCW)
The Brian Kendrick
Hurricane Helms

Delirious
Jack Evans
Human Tornado

I would not include.....

Jimmy Wang Yang - Crap Gimmick, Cruiserwights need to be taken seriously plus he is just not marketable.

Jamie Knoble - Good hand in the ring however he is pretty bland.

Chavo Guerrero - Possibly the most boring crusierwight in history.

(I have not included Primo Colon as he would be in my re vamped Tag Team Division!)

It's pretty simple.... Just replace the ECW championship and make the cruiserweight title the relevant belt of that brand. With that you can add all your cruiserweights from raw and smackdown on to this one show and bring in some of the TNA released wrestlers plus your smaller development wrestlers in from FCW. With this talent you could bring back a little slice of the old ECW. The types of matches with all of these wrestlers would be insane, and the cruiserweight championship would be relevant once more.

But this is just hoping.

I would love to see WWE adopting the rules of MMA (UFC in that case) having divisions would make the championship wins even more credible.

For some people would be bad, like Mysterio and Jericho would be restricted to a Cruiserweight or Middleweight Division but it also would make them more important at their division, and for some reason it would make PPVs draw more if HeavyWeights collide for the belt.

But that is just me dreaming, if it's not to return with a restriction then I believe it's not necessary, after all.

Then Jericho couldn't be in WHC matches, no Shawn michaels, Evan bourne, Jeff hardy.. it would really limit the whole championship scenario..

Brining back the Cruiserweight Title is a terrible idea. Terrible. It is an idea motivated, I am willing to assume, by an enthusiasm not for the WWE's Cruiser / Lightheavyweight title history, but for the work WCW did to get smaller wrestlers on the map. Am I to assume that the thread starter recently watched a PPV match involving some conbination of the names: Malenko, Misterio, Psicosis, Guerrero, Jericho, and Guerrera recently?

No, there are so many more approproate opportunites. And a few people have already mentioned - why bring a title back when others are being neglected as it is?

Before any titles are ressurected, the Tag Team Titles need to be unified on Raw, and the Women's titles need to be unified on Smackdown. Or vice versa, I don't care. All the tag teams should be on a brand, and all the wrestling women should be on one brand.

Then - and ONLY then - do you consider bringing a title back, and it's not the Cruiserweight title. It's the Hardcore Title. Not this 24/7 bullshit either. The Hardcore Title would be the secondary belt on ECW, which (God forbid) would allow the show to maintain some small semblance of the roots to its name.

But the Cruiserweight Title? Pssshhhh. WWE is trying to DRAW MONEY...and with few notable exceptions, the Cruisers don't do that.

Brining back the Cruiserweight Title is a terrible idea. Terrible. It is an idea motivated, I am willing to assume, by an enthusiasm not for the WWE's Cruiser / Lightheavyweight title history, but for the work WCW did to get smaller wrestlers on the map. Am I to assume that the thread starter recently watched a PPV match involving some conbination of the names: Malenko, Misterio, Psicosis, Guerrero, Jericho, and Guerrera recently?

So what if the idea was encouraged by someone watching old cruiserweight matches on W.C.W.? That doesn't mean the W.W.E. doesn't, or couldn't, randomly fill the same type of division with equally great Superstars.

Raw: Rey Mysterio, Jamie Noble, JTG, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and possibly C.M. Punk & Kofi Kingston.

Smackdown: Carlito, Primo, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Chavo Guerrero, D.H. Smith, Hurricane Helms, Jimmy Yang, Jesse, Kung-Fu Naki, THE Brian Kendrick, and possibly Scotty Goldman & Ryan Braddock.

E.C.W.: The Miz, D.J. Gabriel, Evan Bourne & Ricky Ortiz.

All of those names could easily fit into a cruiserweight division, that would suddenly be very watchable. And well over half of those individuals aren't currently involved in anything meaningful.

So would you rather they be in a division, for a cruiserweight title they deserve.. or the Intercontinental/United States division, in which the same half that aren't involved in anything, definately DON'T need to be considered challengers for those titles?

No, there are so many more approproate opportunites. And a few people have already mentioned - why bring a title back when others are being neglected as it is?

I agree that the other Championships are being neglected, but that doesn't suddenly mean by bringing back a Championship that better fits a decent amount of Superstars is a bad idea.

Before any titles are ressurected, the Tag Team Titles need to be unified on Raw, and the Women's titles need to be unified on Smackdown. Or vice versa, I don't care. All the tag teams should be on a brand, and all the wrestling women should be on one brand.

Once again, I agree with this, but unfortunately this action has ZERO to do with the actual Cruiserweight title, or it's possible division.

The company's Tag division is failing because they haven't tried to make any new or decent Tag Teams. And the ones they have, aren't getting over enough for anyone to care. Meanwhile, the Women's and Diva's divisions are always going to be lackluster because the majority of people who watch W.W.E. are watching the female's, mainly for T&A.

Then - and ONLY then - do you consider bringing a title back, and it's not the Cruiserweight title. It's the Hardcore Title. Not this 24/7 bullshit either. The Hardcore Title would be the secondary belt on ECW, which (God forbid) would allow the show to maintain some small semblance of the roots to its name.

This is actually an even worse idea. Especially for the Hardcore title to be on E.C.W. Why? Because this is just asking for more people to bitch and moan that the new E.C.W. isn't like the old one.

And the Hardcore Championship was almost always a complete joke. For sakes, Irish, the fucking title was made out of the trashed out Winged Eagle Heavyweight Championship. They cared so less about this entire division, that they didn't even bother trying to give it it's own Championship, but instead dug something, almost literally, out of the trash.

And your grand idea of something better, is to up-hold shit, over a once great division that literally carried a company. Nice. Why not bring back the Brawl for All concept, too.

But the Cruiserweight Title? Pssshhhh. WWE is trying to DRAW MONEY...and with few notable exceptions, the Cruisers don't do that.

While I agree that the cruiserweights don't draw as much money as the Heavyweights, the fact remains they're STILL on the roster. So wouldn't you think it'd be better to find something possibly useful for them.. instead of randomly tossing them into Heavyweight Main Events? I'd certainly hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back