• Ricky Steamboat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Bret Hart
wwf%20bret%20hart.jpg

Born into the famous Hart family of wrestling he more than lived up to the expectations. He is a 5x WWE Champion, a 2x WCW Champion, a 3x WWE World Tag Team Champion as a part of the Hart Foundation, a 1x WCW Tag Team Champion with Goldberg, a 4x WCW US Champion and a 2x WWE Intercontinental Champion. He also won the first King of The Ring PPV in '93 and is Co-winner of the '94 Royal Rumble Along with Lex Luger. IN addition to the 16 titles he held he also is a recipient of 16 different awards from both the PWI and WON.

Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
steamboat-ricky08.jpg

Well known for being one of the few Stars to stay a babyface throughout his entire career he also held many titles, he is a 1x IC Champion in the WWE. In NWA/WCW, he was a 1x NWA World Heavyweight Champion, 4x United States Heavyweight Champion, 4x Television Champion, 8x WCW World Tag Team Champion, 1x (unofficial) NWA World Tag Team Champion, 2x Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion, and a 3x Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Champion.

I like Ricky Steamboat for his athleticism and in ring ability, but essentially he comes back to me as the cool guy that dressed like a dragon and blew fire from his mouth. The guy was incredibly vanilla, and simply never had the whole package. Bret Hart, he had the whole package. Sure, he might not have been as charamatic or cocky as a Hogan or Michaels, but he sure in the hell made you loathe him in 1997. He had the ability to be the total package, but went about it in a different way then most others.

Poor Steamboat...

I loved his work in the ring, and his matches were routinely favorites for me as a kid re-watching them on random homemade tapes...

But...C'mon...

Bret Hart is "The best there is...The best there was...The best there ever will be..."

Bret Hart would win this as a match, as a vote, and any other way you can come up with. Bret Hart was a great tag team wrestler, had great promos, took over the show as a singles star, and anyone can recognize who he is, just by saying the "Excellence of Execution"

Steamboat is flattened here for one simple reason: everything great that he did, Bret did better. There was nothing that Bret Hart couldn't do in a ring. Not a damn thing. Steamboat is one of the best in ring workers of all time. Hart might be the best. Steamboat I can't imagine working as a heel. Bret I could easily see. Both are masters of their game, but Bret was a master of masters. At the end of the day, Steamboat had classics with two people. Hart could put on a great match with anyone.

Bret Hart
Hart really made something out of himself after leaving the tag team scene to the IC title level. After the steroid scandal the ball was given to Hart and in my eyes he ran with it and was very successful. I only wish Hogan would have passed the torch to him the right way. I think he'd be a much biigger legend if that would have happened. Plus to quote Stone Cold Steve Austin, bret is "The best there is, the best there was, and all the other crap."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back