• 'Mr Perfect' Curt Hennig

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
The Rock
2,2.%20the%20rock%20wwf%20champ.jpg

you know all about this guy so here's all the awards and titles he won in his career. It looks better in Spoiler Tags (takes up less room)

o PWI Match of the Year (1999) vs. Mankind in an "I Quit" match at Royal Rumble
o PWI Match of the Year (2002) vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania X-8
o PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1999, 2000)
o PWI Wrestler of the Year (2000)
o PWI ranked him #2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 2000

* United States Wrestling Association
o USWA World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Bart Sawyer

* World Wrestling Federation | World Wrestling Entertainment
o WCW Championship (2 times)
o WWF/E Championship (7 times) (Tied for most reigns)
o WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
o WWF Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Mankind (3), The Undertaker (1), and Chris Jericho (1)
o Royal Rumble (2000)
o Sixth Triple Crown Champion

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
o Most Improved (1998)
o Best Gimmick (1999)
o Best on Interviews (1999, 2000)
o Most Charismatic (1999–2002)
o Best Box Office Draw (2000)
o Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2007)

Mr Perfect Curt Hennig
300_69965.jpg

He wrestled all over the united states Most notably in the WWE and WCW. What people don't know is that he wrestles with his father in the AWA and in indy promotions all over the country, to keep things even here a list of all his titles and awards (Also in Spoiler Tags.)

o AWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[6]
o AWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) [5] - with Scott Hall

* Future of Wrestling
o FOW Heavyweight Championship (1 time) (Last)

* i-Generation Superstars of Wrestling
o i-Generation Heavyweight Championship (2 times) (First and last) (Longest and shortest reign) (Most reigns)

* Main Event Championship Wrestling
o MECW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* Pacific Northwest Wrestling
o NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
o NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship (2 times)[27] - with Larry Hennig (1) and Buddy Rose (1)

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (1987)
o PWI ranked him # 9 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1993

* World Championship Wrestling
o WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
o WCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Barry Windham

* World Wrestling Council
o WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* World Wrestling Federation | World Wrestling Entertainment
o WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2007)
o WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times)

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
o Most Improved (1983)

I bow to you for putting this up. Then I hate you for making this pairing so soon.

Ok, I have NOTHING bad to say about Curt Henning. He was amazing both in and out of the ring. While normally stuck in the midcard, he was a great midcard guy who was second to guys like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Randy Savage. That is nothing to be negative about. He was great, and is definately a legend, but unfortunately is up against one of the best ever.

The Rock, Dwayne Johnson, or whatever he wants to be called now, is known in both the WWE and in Hollywood. I'm going to completely ignore the Hollywood thing, as it has nothing to do with all of his accomplishments in the ring. He was one of the best in the most prosperous times in the WWF/WWE. Holding almost every title possible, and having classic feuds and matches against Stone Cold Steve Austin, HHH, Undertaker, Mankind, Kurt Angle, Rikishi, and others, The Rock did just about everything possible to do in his career.

I'd have to pick the Rock in this, as I couldn't call myself a fan if I didn't, but I don't have anything bad to say about Curt Henning either. Both are held in great regard in my eyes.

The Rock accomplished so much in such a short amount of time. A seven time WWE Champion in about 8 years. That's pretty good. Then he decided to let go of the wrestling business. Which in my eyes. Makes him even more of a legend. I know that may be hard to understand but it's true. If he would have stayed with the WWE. He would probably be tied with Triple H for title reigns and all the matches that he could have with different people such as Cena, Mysterio, Batista. He could also continue his older feuds. As much as it somewhat kills me to say. The Rock is a bigger legend here.

That's not to say that Curt Hennig isn't either. I just feel that people will vote for him because of his death and not on his actual acomplishments.

It's the Rock. Hennig lived up to his name: Perfect. There was next to nothing he did wrong in the ring. However, outside of the ring, he had his issues, as did many other wrestlers to be fair. However, he was always the king of the midcard. He had flashes in the main event, but he never really made the jump.

Rock on the other hand, jumped into the main event and never left. This guy had the greatest 8 year run in history. He feuded with almost everyone and put on decent to good feuds with them all. I have never gotten more pumped for a main event than he against Austin at X7. That was the epitome of the main event. That's hard to do. Rock wins in a landslide.

I'm going with the Rock. He did everything Hennig did and then added 7 WWE title reigns on top of that. I hate that Curt is probably going out in round 1 because he was what he said and that was Perfect but he can't compete with The Rock. If these 2 had ever met in the ring I see Rock winning a very close match

I despise the Rock as an inring worker, and honestly don't understand the appeal of the guy off the microphone. Very mediocre in ring work, at best. He masked his poor ring work with killer charisma and flashy athleticism. Mr. Perfect worked a better match, was a better athlete, and a better heel then the Rock ever could have dreamt to be. Sure, he had one world title run in the AWA as opposed to the Rocks whopping 9 title runs. Does anyone remember anything significant from the the Rock and his world titles, didn't think so. Those 9 title runs fail in comparison to the likes of a John Cena and his one year long title reign. Multiple titles with no length behind them do not impress me. Mr. Perfects run with the IC title was more impressive then any of the Rocks world title runs.

It's sickening that The Rock is beating Curt Henning.

The Rock ascended to his status because he was in the right place at the right time - he grabbed hold of the Attitude Era and held on for dear life, and then when more money and a lighter schedule came calling, he ran from the sport and showed little respect on the way out.

Henning WAS Professional Wrestling, LONG before the concept of Sports F'ing Entertainment. He was as solid an in-ring worker as I've ever seen, he sold like a champ, he put over future stars and made them look like studs (see: Kerry Von Erich, Bret Hart). He worked as well as a manager / "executive consultant" as he did as a wrestler. An amazing athlete, a consummate professional, and a man who worked as hard as his father, Larry the Axe, did.

The Rock may get booked to beat Henning, but in a legends tournament, Henning is the better man. And the Rock goes over because Henning PUTS him over, and makes him look great in the process.

Mr. Perfect FTW!

It's sickening that The Rock is beating Curt Henning.

The Rock ascended to his status because he was in the right place at the right time

So you think anyone could have done what The Rock did, if they were in the right place at the right time? The Rock, like Austin, like Hogan, like Cena, had something special. The ability to make the fans really care. To make them laugh, to make them love him, to make them hate him. And he did it incredibly well.

- he grabbed hold of the Attitude Era and held on for dear life, and then when more money and a lighter schedule came calling, he ran from the sport and showed little respect on the way out.

While I agree he seemed to show little respect, he did what anyone would do. If you were offered a new job that you'd love more than the one you had now, and you'd work less hours for more money, you'd take it.

The Rock is 'The most electrifying man in Sports Entertainment'. And because he can go over Hennig like this, it shows how much of a legend he is. Because Hennig is great, everyone loves him. But it;s a no contest between him and The Rock.

The Rock. And it's not even close..

Yes, Henning was a better "wrestler", but the Rock was by far the better entertainer. Entertainment is what the company is about. He put on a show in that ring and always had the fans excited. He's a lot like John Cena. Neither are great pure wrestlers, but they know how to tell a story in the ring.

The Rock was one of the best ever on the microphone. That's not arguable. He oozes charisma. I have never heard chants louder than for The Rock. Have you seen anyone able to get everyone on their feet and yelling at the top of their lungs by simply raising an eyebrow? No one but the Rock could, or ever will again, do that.

Bullshit about The Rock being the Better Entertainer, all he did was insult people, he played the cool heel when he was the Heel. Whereas Curt Hennig cut numerous entertaining promos, he was clean and crisp in his movements and moves during a match, his promos are damned entertaining, Id say that the smashing of the replica belt is one of a number of great things he did. Matches were flawless. He held the AWA belt when it meant something. As has been said The Rocks title reigns are all forgetable, like the majority of the 3rd reign of Cena.

Results: The Rock wins 14-7 and faces Billy Graham in round 2.

My thoughts: I figured this one could go either way, but I thought it would be a lot closer. The Rock is a great entertainer and wasable to get the fans into the Storyline no matter if he was a heel or a face. Not taking anything away from Hennig I'm not really surprised The Rock won and This will be a great round 2 match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back