• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Battleground - John Cena & Enzo Amore/Big Cass VS The Club

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So this six man tag team match was announced at today's Raw after Enzo Amore & Big Cass saved John Cena from The Club's beating.

I am expecting a win for the baby faces here as AJ has already defeated Cena at Money In The Bank PPV.

This is a great way to avoid another Cena-AJ singles encounter. If AJ & Cena remain on same brand, I believe that we could get AJ Vs. Cena II at Summerslam.

Who should win?

Who should win is beside the point. Perhaps it should be the cohesive long-term unit represented by the Club, but that's not non-negotiable with me. If Cena needs a win at some point to facilitate a proper Styles victory in a future singles match, then by all means let the faces take the W here.

What's really worthy of celebration in this booking is that Enzo and Cass' bigtime babyface responses are being rewarded with a significant PPV spot. On a PPV lineup that's already ticking a lot of my boxes, this is yet another reason to jump for joy.

An Ebert-esque two thumbs up.

I like where this is heading. At first I thought WWE would go for the usual: first match at MITB, rematch at Battleground and the last one-on-one match at Summerslam.

But now, that's great booking. Because I think the plan is to have Cena vs Styles at Summerslam for the vacant WH Championship. And if that is going to be the rematch, the second match, then it becomes much more unpredictable and fun.

I expect the faces to win here and AJ won't get pinned.

Another thing came in my mind now.

Putting Enzo Amore & Big Cass along with Cena does the duo two favours:

1. Gives them significant PPV spot (in Coco's words) along with Cena.

2. Keeps them away from New Day and tag title picture.

That's a really great booking. Wyatt Family can feud with New Day over tag titles now and Enzo/Cass can feud with The Club.

I also like the idea of this. It's good to see them breaking up the formula we've seen with Cena in the past in which the heel wins their first singles match, he wins the second and follows up with the third in the rubber match to ultimately end things.

Enzo & Cass have gotten a consistently strong response since their debut and this is a prominent match for this show. So long as they don't have Enzo & Cass just shamelessly pander to Cena, I think it should work out fine.

If the plan is to have a tag match with Anderson & Gallows taking on Enzo & Big Cass while Cena takes on Styles at SummerSlam, I've no real issue with the babyfaces scoring the win. At the same time, however, the Club are a cohesive unit who've been working together for years in New Japan, so having them go over would make logical sense.

At any rate, this match could be a lot of fun and it's nice to see Enzo, Big Cass & the Club all involved in a match with Cena. Like him or hate him, being in any match with Cena is a significant deal.

I predicted this as a Raw main event as soon as Vena made his return. I'd like to see The Club to take the victory, I think they needed it. Anderson and Gallows lost their aura two weeks after their debut, so give them the rub and let they pin some popular babyfaces.

On a related note, I'm sure Anderson is dreading this match. I can't see him getting a single shot in against Cass and Cena.

So this six man tag team match was announced at today's Raw after Enzo Amore & Big Cass saved John Cena from The Club's beating.

I am expecting a win for the baby faces here as AJ has already defeated Cena at Money In The Bank PPV.

This is a great way to avoid another Cena-AJ singles encounter. If AJ & Cena remain on same brand, I believe that we could get AJ Vs. Cena II at Summerslam.

Who should win?

I think AJ steals another win, to put more pressure on Cena at Summerslam. Cena wins at Summerslam. Then they face off at the September PPV and Cena wins again. Then, they get a final match at HIAC where Cena gets the final win.

If it was to me, Cena wins at Battleground and AJ wins the final bout at Summerslam.

Remember Cryme Tyme? John Cena sure doesn't.

He just sapped their life-giving overness and then discarded them. I assume that's whats going to happen with Cena, who like Hogan before him, latches onto whatever is getting over with fans to get pops by association.

A nothing match to pass the time until Summerslam, because as you know, only four pay per views a year are allowed to have anything of import happen on them.

Great booking. Cena gets his "win" back, sets up Summerslam 2016 for the vacant World Heavyweight TITLE at Summerslam. Styles wins and is the champ on Smackdown. Cena can tread water before the push for title number 16 which he wins at Mania 33

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back