WWE and TNA working together?

Kingofwrestling16

Dark Match Jobber
I just read that Kurt Angle tweeted a apologie to CM Punk and i suppose they had a twitter war. I have began to ponder could WWE and TNA work together like WWE and ECW worked back in the day together. ECW got some spots on Raw and even Paul Heyman did battle with Jerry Lawler. Could this work with Kurt Angle and CM Punk doing battle. What would be cool to see if there was a joint pay per view maybe called Bragging Rights where WWE superstars and Divas do Battle against TNA Superstars and Knockouts. This could be interesting and gaining both TNA and WWE higher probs just think of some of the possiblities that could happen. Maybe some of the WWE superstars who went to TNA could encounter former friends for example Chavo Gurerro and Vickie Gurerro. Mickie James and John Cena. This could be a very interesting and very good idea what do you all think?

Bragging Rights, what a unique, never-before-used name for a PPV.

Perhaps we could also see former friends chatting together while eating a sandwich backstage, or CM Punk could walk in on Cena doing Mickie up the wrong'un.

Not another one of these pipe dream threads.

Idealism is a good thing, but not when it completely blinds you to the way things really are and how they really work.

The only way there'll ever be some sort of partnership between WWE and TNA is if WWE ultimately buys out TNA. Otherwise, there's no reason whatsoever for WWE to even consider entering into a partnership with TNA. The WWE has nothing to gain through a partnership with TNA. They already have a much larger viewing audience than TNA, they already play in front of much larger crowds at house shows, they already garner far more ppv buys than TNA does and they make far more money than TNA does in every area of their respective businesses.

A partnership with WWE would only be of benefit to TNA. TNA would be the ones with something to gain out of the deal, so why should WWE use their talent to potentially expose TNA to a broader audience?

Any sort of joint card is also pretty unrealistic because both the WWE & TNA power structure is loaded with people that have massive egos. These egos would have to work together and put their personal pride aside in order to pull this off and I don't think it could happen. We all know Vince holds grudges to an extreme, for instance, and Hogan boastfully claimed in an interview sometime last year that he taught Vince everything that he knows. They'd have to get together to decide on a card, who would go up against who and which wrestlers would go over. No doubt that TNA would want their talent to win a majority of the matches and WWE would want the same. They could go the route of having each company win the same number of matches but I don't think Vince would go for that because he sees his company as the superior one. WWE would be the real draw for such a joint card and Vince would want that reflected. I'm sure Hogan & Bischoff think that TNA is the superior company even if the numbers don't reflect it. Quality is always subjective after all, though it can't be denied that WWE is a much bigger draw.

Vince won't agree to anything that even hints at his company being embarassed or made to look inferior. I'm sure the honchos at TNA would feel the same about their company. Ultimately in a joint venture like this, someone would realistically have to come out on the losing end and that's not going to happen with WWE and TNA being two separate companies.

this would be a win win situation for tna. to start with they would recieve a rateings boost while they were doing battle with wwe. with all the wwe die hards tuneing each week to see there stars on impact. but the real gain for tna would be when they finish there working agreement with wwe. there would be so many fans that had never watched tna before that would start thinking to themselfs that tna is not actully that bad. after seeing guys like aries,styles,joe and roode perform every week they will start know that tna have some great stars. they will also realise that people like kurt angle and rvd still have a lot to offer and tna is not as bad as they first thought

It would be more likely that TNA and ROH or some other upstart company that is mostly regional and bordering on a national television deal like ECW was at the time of their agreement with the then WWF would work together. The biggest driving force for WWF and ECW was a common opponent in WCW which was more successful at the time. In today's climate, WWE would be WCW, TNA would be WWE, and the closest would be ROH. Each company's presentation may be different but, in regards to market share, I could see these comparisons.

ECW needed the money and exposure that it probably could not achieve on it's own, at least, not as quickly and WWF needed an infusion of new ideas and different faces on the camera so it was beneficial to companies to work together. I really do not see the need today for WWE to work with anyone else other than, and follow me on this, UFC which is unlikely to happen. Really, WWE is more mainstream than it gets credit for and is already on the top of the mountain in sports entertainment/pro wrestling. The only thing they really need is something to give it an air of legitimate athletic competition. On the other hand, HHH was correct in his assessment that a lot of the men in MMA, though phenomenal athletes and fighters, are a bit bland personality wise. In my reckoning, the most recognized fighter in mainstream entertainment from MMA is Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and that is because he, more or less, developed an image that was able to carry over outside of MMA. Think about boxing, the consensus most famous boxer is Muhammed Ali who created an image in himself. I'm not saying that guys from WWE need to fight in the octagon but, maybe have them show up at an event like The Undertaker did with Brock Lesnar or, at the very least, have someone teach the MMA fighters how to talk.

I have not seen TNA recently but I have heard that it's presentation has been improving. I think that it would be to TNA's benefit to have a working agreement with one or two smaller companies if not with ROH itself as it would give them more of a direct contact with the independent wrestlers that WWE has recently turn their eyes to. Also, it would give them an edge on the things that haven't reached WWE but that could be big in a year or two.

Not another one of these pipe dream threads.

Idealism is a good thing, but not when it completely blinds you to the way things really are and how they really work.

The only way there'll ever be some sort of partnership between WWE and TNA is if WWE ultimately buys out TNA. Otherwise, there's no reason whatsoever for WWE to even consider entering into a partnership with TNA. The WWE has nothing to gain through a partnership with TNA. They already have a much larger viewing audience than TNA, they already play in front of much larger crowds at house shows, they already garner far more ppv buys than TNA does and they make far more money than TNA does in every area of their respective businesses.

A partnership with WWE would only be of benefit to TNA. TNA would be the ones with something to gain out of the deal, so why should WWE use their talent to potentially expose TNA to a broader audience?

Any sort of joint card is also pretty unrealistic because both the WWE & TNA power structure is loaded with people that have massive egos. These egos would have to work together and put their personal pride aside in order to pull this off and I don't think it could happen. We all know Vince holds grudges to an extreme, for instance, and Hogan boastfully claimed in an interview sometime last year that he taught Vince everything that he knows. They'd have to get together to decide on a card, who would go up against who and which wrestlers would go over. No doubt that TNA would want their talent to win a majority of the matches and WWE would want the same. They could go the route of having each company win the same number of matches but I don't think Vince would go for that because he sees his company as the superior one. WWE would be the real draw for such a joint card and Vince would want that reflected. I'm sure Hogan & Bischoff think that TNA is the superior company even if the numbers don't reflect it. Quality is always subjective after all, though it can't be denied that WWE is a much bigger draw.

Vince won't agree to anything that even hints at his company being embarassed or made to look inferior. I'm sure the honchos at TNA would feel the same about their company. Ultimately in a joint venture like this, someone would realistically have to come out on the losing end and that's not going to happen with WWE and TNA being two separate companies.
We agree pretty often, but I've gotta disagree with some of this post.

First things first- I don't expect any kind of partnership between the WWE and TNA/IW. It's not because I don't see money in it; it's because I don't think that the two companies entirely realize that (italicized to stand out) they are no longer competitors.

The sports as entertainment (meaning any athletic related activity you bring people into an arena for) has changed drastically with the rise of the UFC. Amongst fans that you want to bring into the sport, professional wrestling is still "fake". If you've been watching, if you're familiar with it, this isn't an issue for you- but also, if you're a company who doesn't have a user base that you're growing, all that you're doing is dying slowly, which is what professional wrestling has been doing for the past five years. Something different has to be done, because the status quo of doing business just isn't doing business anymore. Storylines that really get professional wrestling fans talking interest them for a few months, and then they're forgotten; there's no carry-over to a different story. Ratings aren't being built, there's a pop for a couple of months, and then that's it.

What sets the WWE and TNA/IW apart from UFC these days is storyline; not who is running what stories, but the fact that the professional wrestling companies have stories. UFC kills it when they get two athletes talking shit to each other- Chael Sonnen makes money, and brilliantly, with his mouth. I feel that the WWE and TNA/IW need to take this ball and help each other grow.

The WWE vs. TNA/IW isn't a zero-sum game. There isn't a winner and a loser. There's room for both of them to improve themselves simultaneously. There's a healthy audience just begging for some kind of 'company warfare'. Give it to people! Fake it! I feel it would behoove both companies if they came to some kind of off-the-table arrangement where they agreed to talk trash about each other; in pre-agreed upon ways that do not diminish each other's brand. Talk about the other product, so people watch that and see them talking about your product. Let people pick sides in this silly fake company warfare. Encourage people to argue about which company is better.

A "supercard" isn't necessarily required for this, but I don't think a one-off type performance is the worst idea- but not with the situation as it is at present. TNA/IW needs to be closer to the WWE before this could be credible. The 'world at large' needs to believe in Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, James Storm, et al before this could go through; they're famous in Orlando, but not Madison Square Garden famous. Yet.

I don't think that the WWE and TNA/IW are competitors anymore. There's a bigger fish in the water right now that's siphoning more and more of their business away every year. They need to work on getting people interested in professional wrestling again, rather than worrying about who the bigger professional wrestling company is.

Again, I'll say I think there's almost no chance of the related parties getting their egos in check for this to happen. Sadly, I don't think either company has any brilliant ideas to grow their business either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back