WWE and NJPW

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
source:Wrestlezone
U.S. champion Chris Benoit wants to work again for New Japan Pro Wrestling, as it celebrates its 35th year in the wrestling business. There is talk of Benoit challenging IWGP champion Yugi Nagata, and Johnny Ace is apparently positive towards letting it happen.

If this goes ahead, would this be the start of a working relationship between these two promotions. I could see this as an attempt by WWE to undercut TNA in trying to get a talent exchange system.

As for Benoit going back to NJPW for a short amount of time to Wrestle to celebrate 35 years of NJPW, I think this could be a good thing for Benoit to do and would see a revitalisation of Benoit as a Wrestler.

This would be absolutely awesome if it happened, and I would just mark the fuck out when I saw it. Benoit hasn't been given more then ten minutes to show his stuff in a damn long time, and it'll be nice to see him wrestle for a promotion that actually gives a fuck about him. But, knowing Vince's style, he probably won't let him work the show just like he wouldn't let The King work that show against Hogan.

If he does do it though, he god damn better wrestle as Wild Pegasus :D

Im pretty sure that as a very senior wrestler he has some influence with Vince. and I am pretty sure Vince would see this as good business because of the potential for gaining more influence in the Lucrative Japanese market. The King/Hogan thing was because of existing dislike between Hogan and the WWE. But seeing Benoit wrestle in NJPW for even one night only it would be great.

Didn't Vince meet up NJPW's owner last year to discuss business? I won't be surprised if something happened between the 2 companies. This could be the answer to TNA's ROH.

If this happens it would make me mark out like a little school girl. I'd love to see some kind of talent exchange with New Japan. Basically putting Benoit against any of the NJPW guys would automatically be considered a 5-star match. Give them 30 minutes to tear the house down and people would see what real wrestling is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back