• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE already screwing up the Manager role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

911 JP

Love the sig!
I dont know if many.. or any one watches WWE Superstars anymore, but in the past 3 weeks Tyson Kidd has had 3 different managers, Michael Hayes, Armando Estrada and now (spoiler) Matt Striker.

WWE had big plans to bring back the role to assist superstars that couldnt get themselves over as a heel. I dont think that having Kidd come ou every week with a new accompliace will get him over, because every week his entrance is the manager introducing himself which takes the shine off of Tyson Kidd.

My questions are:

A) Do you think that WWE are searching for a suitable manager for Kidd or is it all part of Vince McMahon second guessing every decision 1000 times?

B) Will this lead to the manager role being scrapped all together or will it just de-push the superstar ala the current tag team division?

Maybe they are rehashing the Macho Man style manager choosing. (If that sentence even makes sense). When the Macho Man made his debut, he had a bunch of guys trying to be his manager, only for him to choose Elizabeth. MAYBE, just MAYBE, they are trying out different managers for him only to choose which one he wants. Sure, maybe they could explain this better if it was the case, but its the WWE, why would they do that?

How about we give them a month or so before the crucifying begins, no? Its Superstars, no one watches Superstars.

What good is the managaer role, which is being brought back to get heels over that cant do it themselves, if the manager is changed weekly? Kidds entire entrance now is entirely the manager introducing themself, how is that getting Kidd over?

And its been three weeks now no? Thats 3/4 of a month, do the math and you will figure it out that no progress has been made with finding a permanent manager for Kidd, they are just screwing the position around like they do with everything non-mainevent these days.

What good is the managaer role, which is being brought back to get heels over that cant do it themselves, if the manager is changed weekly? Kidds entire entrance now is entirely the manager introducing themself, how is that getting Kidd over?

And its been three weeks now no? Thats 3/4 of a month, do the math and you will figure it out that no progress has been made with finding a permanent manager for Kidd, they are just screwing the position around like they do with everything non-mainevent these days.

They've tried 3 different managers on a show that gets fewer viewers than a TNA PPV. The vast majority of WWE fans won't even notice or give a shit!

They're probably just struggling to find a manager that doesn't dwarf Tyson Kidd.

Maybe they are rehashing the Macho Man style manager choosing. (If that sentence even makes sense). When the Macho Man made his debut, he had a bunch of guys trying to be his manager, only for him to choose Elizabeth. MAYBE, just MAYBE, they are trying out different managers for him only to choose which one he wants. Sure, maybe they could explain this better if it was the case, but its the WWE, why would they do that?

If i remember right though, he didn't come to the ring with any of them, they just had backstage segments etc. with all the managers offering there services, but he didn't have a manager until he "chose" Elizabeth.

but yeah, i'd say they are just trying the waters to see what sticks. Personally i don't think Armando is right for him, he needs a "wrestler" ie Arn Anderson or Dusty Rhodes. Rhodes would be a good fit since he's a heel atm

Armando should be managing the Uso's or someone else like that

Matt Striker is boring as a mouthpiece and certainly shouldn't be talking for someone (aka Mike Adamle) so i dunno about him being right for anyone.

as for noone watches Superstars. Hmm well yeah it still gets more views then TNA Impact lol. So obviously someone is watching it, Sorry had to throw that in....

I don't watch it anymore, just the last 5 mins b4 Smackdown is on incase Smackdown starts early on a given day.

They've tried 3 different managers on a show that gets fewer viewers than a TNA PPV. The vast majority of WWE fans won't even notice or give a shit!

They're probably just struggling to find a manager that doesn't dwarf Tyson Kidd.

I agree with you and with the poster mentioning Randy Savage's hunt for a manager.

911, calm down dude. 3 weeks on Superstars does define a career. Unless you know something we don't let it play out. When Tyson Kidd disappears for months on end, go ahead and get all pissed off that they screwed up the manager role again.

Bam Bam Bigelow used this one too when he debuted, going with the unfashionable Oliver Humperdink over Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart et al...

If Neidhart hadn't got in legal trouble, it would have been perfect to get him as a manager to feud with DH and Bret... but I think we will end up with Kidd/Cole as a unit... especially Bret being involved in Cole's match... the "apology to Lawler" might be genuine, but he has a whole issue with Hart they can use...

After they rid of Hayes and bought in Estrada I thought it was fairly obvious that they seemed to be going for a manager selection angle.

I think it will be a Macho Man style thing (Which I never actually knew btw, so thanks for that).

Selby

Also, look at it this way, no one really watches superstars, and maybe they are just trying people as managers on this show as a screen test to gauge reactions to see who to go with, sounds reasonable to me. Why try something on the main roster that will flop.

VInce had brought us some of the greatest managers of all time. Also, the way he used Michael Hayes to get the Hardy's over was great. I take it that Vince knows how to use a manager and has a good idea on what needs to be done.

Because the views for superstars they are doing 1 of 2 things either seeing who in the current roster would make a good manager before putting them with some stars on the main shows. The other is they are looking to see who is best suited as Kidds manager and can work with him well.

A little off-topic, but anyone agree that Kidd doesn't need a manager? Since turning heel, he's been given like two opportunities to talk, and I don't think he did half-bad for himself. I remember when he challenged Daniel Bryan for the U.S. Title he came off as a smarmy Napoleon-complex'd punk. Seemed okay to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like they could be giving managers to a lot of low-card guys who might need them more. Someone mentioned Tyler Rex, which I'd agree with... Tatsu maybe? I don't know.

Umm.. Yeah, this is Tyson Kidd we are talking about. The guy is on the same level of Zack Ryder, but without the befuddling internet popularity. He is the current King of Jobbers, so having him look like a total jack ass every week is part of the job. Who's to say that isn't part of his character more than it is to "bring back managers?" This is the same guy who was involved in a 6 person tag match and got his ass kicked by every single person (yes, including the divas) AFTER the match.

its interesting that wwe is trying to bring back managers as honestly some wrestlers you can thik for their stardom becuse of theyre managers, i.e. bobby heenan and king kong bundy. honestly,as far as tyson kid is concern thy should have left him as a tag team with d.h smith. they both were better ue tht way.

Also, look at it this way, no one really watches superstars, and maybe they are just trying people as managers on this show as a screen test to gauge reactions to see who to go with, sounds reasonable to me. Why try something on the main roster that will flop.

You can judge reacions form the crowd on house shows, just because the TV cameras are there doesnt mean people will react differently.

If they are unsure as to who should manage Tyson Kidd, then they should make the decision off screen, before giving him several different managers who end up taking some of the attention off a very talented young wrestler.

Spot on. I think this is part of a storyline, sure. One where Kidd comes out with a different manager every week because he's looking for a new manager. Even though I don't watch Superstars, I find it intriguing and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens or who he settles on.

However, I'm sure it goes deeper than a storyline. I'm sure WWE wants to legitimately see who the crowd reacts to the most in order to give Kidd the best possible manager. On a non-kayfabe level, it's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back