• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE... 4 Brands In The Future?

Mania23OffThaHook

Pre-Show Stalwart
TNA is and has always been in the shadow of WWE. we all know that. but like WCW and ECW I think unless some major changes happen in the near future Vince and WWE will buy TNA too in the next couple of yrs. I mean maybe it wont happen but its highly possible. could you imagine if we had raw on monday, ecw on tuesday, tna on thursday and smackdown on friday?!? we wouldnt be able to keep up w/ everything. now i know alotta TNA wrestlers wouldnt go for it becuz they've had problems w/ the wwe in the past but u never know. could this happen?!?

that will never happen, panda energy (owner of tna) has to much money 4 that.

tna isn't a stock comp, so wwe had to buy panda 4 that to happen

Mania23OffThaHook said:
ould you imagine if we had raw on monday, ecw on tuesday, tna on thursday and smackdown on friday?!? we wouldnt be able to keep up w/ everything.

I'm pretty sure that absolutely everyone can imagine it since that's how it already is.

Mania23OffThaHook said:
we wouldnt be able to keep up w/ everything.

Some people already do keep up with all of that if they like both companies, plus ppvs at least two times per month (if they have the desire or money to do so).

Anyway, if TNA were to ever be owned by WWE, WWE's philosophies would obviously come into play unless Vince or whoeever takes over after him has a dramatic change of heart, therefore making it become WWE calling itself TNA as opposed to being TNA.

vimeskane said:
that will never happen, panda energy (owner of tna) has to much money 4 that.

tna isn't a stock comp, so wwe had to buy panda 4 that to happen

Yeah but they are being patient with not demanding a profit until 08. If they keep spending money, and don't bring in profit, they will sell TNA. TNA is second prioty of Panda, if that. It is bussiness and money talks.

4 brands just seems like one too many... and I think the WWE would think the same. It takes a lot of money for each brand anyways, what with the traveling cost and the added brand would be stretching it alot.

Flames Out
Dragon

^^^

Exactly. Purchasing a company then having even more salaries, more arena rentals, more advertising, more pyro, more transporting of equipment, more workers and performers to pay for etc, that's a lot of money. Vince may be loaded but I'm not sure if he's just going to buy everything that he can. (if he could). Of course "TNA" could be filmed with Raw to save some money but that wouldn't change the salaries and other things that would be involved.

Even if wwe did find a way to buy TNA, it wouldn't last, all of the anti-wwe wrestlers in TNA(n theres a lot) would quite.

amboy said:
Even if wwe did find a way to buy TNA, it wouldn't last, all of the anti-wwe wrestlers in TNA(n theres a lot) would quite.

Actually most of the on-air "anti-wwe" wrestlers is just for show.

They've already refused one concrete offer to purchase the company, and I doubt the last thing the Carter's would allow is for Vince McMahon to buy their company. They're in the thing for the long haul and have come farther than anyone else since the WCW fallout. It would be beyond retarted for them to sell the company now since they've garnered licensing deals for a video game (crucial) and have established relationships for DVD sales with retailers. They also have a key spot in the Spike TV lineup each week.

The funny thing that most people forget is that WWE is a publicly traded company that could be bought at any time, by anyone with the scratch and desire to do so. I hope Vince established some clause in the WCW buyout that strictly forbids Ted Turner from buying stock in his company. Otherwise, Billionaire Ted could grow restless and move his new wrasslin' company back down to Atlanta from Connecticut. TNA is privately owned by Panda, who is shooting money out of everywhere, so TNA will only be sold when they feel like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back