• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE 2012 Overall Review

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
This year has been an interesting year in the WWE. A lot of things happened, some for better, some for worse and I will be giving my input as to what was great, what was good, and what just wasn't that good.

Let's start with the negatives of the year and end on a high note shall we?

The Bad

The Rise and Fall of Brodus Clay

Brodus Clay was one of the most shocking moments of the year. Built up as an overall bad guy and having his debut moved back each and every week, Brodus Clay appeared as if he would take the WWE by storm. Then what do we get? A Funkasaurus who squashes his opponents weak after weak. This then followed with mini feuds with Big Show, Miz, Sandow, only to have Brodus Clay soon become a jobber to the stars. Someone who once had all the potential in the world was absolutely crushed by squash matches to Superstars. Defining worst moment? Caesero Neutralizing the Funkasuarus.

Lack of Interest in Wrestling

This is another topic on its own, however it has to be said that there is currently a lack of interest in wrestling as a whole. This isn't the WWE's problem per se, however this is their problem to fix. WWE has failed to realize that there is currently an overall cry for change, the children audience has dwindled and now the ratings are suffering even though there has been a step up in the programming. How does one fix the problem? No it's not the Attitude Era, but maybe cater to the adult audiences a tad more. Just maybe?

Three Hour RAW

I was having a debate on putting this in the bad category however I think it is justified. RAW currently is a chore to watch and this is because of the fluff mixed in between the action. Any fan knows nothing too significant will change on one week on T.V. Therefore there is more insentive to skip out on watching portions in favor of any other T.V show. However even more significant is that EVERYTHING IS RECAPPED! I don't need to watch an entire show to know what happened and that is absolutely a negative thing for the company.

Kane buries Ryder

Did either one benefit from this in the long term? No. Enough Said.

The Good

WWE Divas

Hold onto your hate, I can back this up. How? AJ Lee is a diva. AJ has been one of the greatest things in wrestling for a bit now and was going to get her own seperate category until I remembered that the quality of Divas matches have been higher as well as Kharma being briefly introduced in the WWE. Sure we lost Beth Pheonix and possibly Kelly Kelly, however the Divas overall have stepped up their game this year and I think overall this has improved the impressions of fans towards Divas... Plus they're never bad to look at.

Tag Team Division/ Factions

This division has been the evry best that its been in what I'd call 5 years if not more. Team Hell No are leading the way and I truly think they are to blame for this rejuvination. When is the last time that there were 8 established teams at one time in recent memory. The future looks bright for the division considering you have PTP, 3MB, Rhode Scholars, and the Shield. Whilst on the topic of the Shield is there a more over faction to debut in a long time as well. I think not... Keep it up!

Punk's Reign

I am so glad the WWE did not strip Punk of the title after his injury. Punk has been built up all year to face one man. Dwayne The Rock Johnson. CM Punk has looked dominant and has put on stellar match after match. It has been an absolute pleasure to watch and I truly believe his title reign will end at the Rumble however it has been a pleasurable ride.

Great

The New Breed.

No big blurb because I feel this speaks for itself. How many debuts/redebuts have there been and how many of those have been great?

Also need I mention break out stars in Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Ziggler.

Overall Rating:8.5/10

I knew when Clay came out with this gimmick, if they were going to try to get him over they would have to make radical changes to the character within the first couple of months. As it is, it's going to be a difficult job if they are ever to try to do it now. And a shame really, as people were looking forward to Clay debuting before he did and whilst his gimmick was fun at first, it became a bit of a chore to most people not long after.

Ya-hum.

I'm glad you took my advice, it was a good post to start a discussion here however I feel you could elaborate a little more by giving your favorite matches of the year and reasons for that. I think that 2012 was a good year, a bit of transitional of course since Ryback and a lot of new stars emerged to dominate WWE's landscape, but still pretty interesting.

CM Punk's one year title reign is good and bad for me, it's good because it was a lengthy reign and I saw something going down that it made history and I like that, however I feel that he could very well dropped the title somewhere down SummerSlam for a guy like Daniel Bryan, but even though that didn't happen I still find interesting that is lasted that long.

I think that The Shield is one of the most interesting factions right now, and it's growing on me every single day and if they succeed that bad, 2012 is going to be the year where they were formed (transitional like I said). Also I think that the matches improved greatly from one year to the other and that has to be a great thing.

The bad use of Zack Ryder and Brodus Clay are bad points, but I think that overpushing Antonio Cesaro is something down those lines too. Nobody wanted Cesaro to win the championship, he wasn't even relevant. I also think that injuries hurt 2012, don't you think that too? I miss Mark Henry, Christian and I missed pretty much every single day Barrett and Orton were off.

Hope you elaborate some more if given the chance. Good post.

The bad use of Zack Ryder and Brodus Clay are bad points, but I think that overpushing Antonio Cesaro is something down those lines too. Nobody wanted Cesaro to win the championship, he wasn't even relevant. I also think that injuries hurt 2012, don't you think that too? I miss Mark Henry, Christian and I missed pretty much every single day Barrett and Orton were off.

HA! People were begging to have Cesaro win that belt because Santino was such a shitty champ. He wasn't relevant? He had beat Santino 3 times prior and was regularly getting promo time for his whole 5 words schtick. I get that you don't like the guy but try and not make shit up.

I'm glad you took my advice, it was a good post to start a discussion here however I feel you could elaborate a little more by giving your favorite matches of the year and reasons for that. I think that 2012 was a good year, a bit of transitional of course since Ryback and a lot of new stars emerged to dominate WWE's landscape, but still pretty interesting.

CM Punk's one year title reign is good and bad for me, it's good because it was a lengthy reign and I saw something going down that it made history and I like that, however I feel that he could very well dropped the title somewhere down SummerSlam for a guy like Daniel Bryan, but even though that didn't happen I still find interesting that is lasted that long.

I think that The Shield is one of the most interesting factions right now, and it's growing on me every single day and if they succeed that bad, 2012 is going to be the year where they were formed (transitional like I said). Also I think that the matches improved greatly from one year to the other and that has to be a great thing.

Hope you elaborate some more if given the chance. Good post.
I wanted him to win it and move on to a better feud than Santino. A lot of other people here wanted him to win it and get a good push. I have to disagree on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back