• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE: 1990 vs 2000

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
Another entry into these WWE comparison threads.

2 years that are 1 decade apart. But the product couldn't be more different. 1990 holds elements of the hogan/ real PG era. While 2000 has the attitude era to rely on.

My pick is 2000 due to a better product. Great ppv throughout the year (most notably backlash). I really can't comment on 1990 since I have never seen anything from it.

In which year did WWE have the better product? Why?

2000 by a long shot. Much better talent and much more opportunity to WATCH better quality wrestling. 1990 had Superstars and Prime Time Wrestling IF you had cable. 2000 had Raw, Smackdown, Sunday Night Heat. 12 Pay per views vs 4. More styles of matches too with smaller guys getting more opportunities and wrestling a faster style match vs 1990

I wouldn't consider 1990 really the Hogan era because was the Ultimate Warrior was the champion for majority of the year.

I would take the 1990 era over the 2000 era any day. Part of it is me being bias as I was 6 years old then but 2000 really sucked if you asked me. Too many title changes, over then the ladder match Wrestlemania 2000 was terrible.

I'd take the Ultimate Warrior, Jake The Snake, Hulk Hogan, Demolition, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Hart Foundation, etc over the 2000 era.

2000 by a long shot. Much better talent and much more opportunity to WATCH better quality wrestling. 1990 had Superstars and Prime Time Wrestling IF you had cable. 2000 had Raw, Smackdown, Sunday Night Heat. 12 Pay per views vs 4. More styles of matches too with smaller guys getting more opportunities and wrestling a faster style match vs 1990

I think 4 ppv's is a few too little but 12 is too much as well. Wrestling I feel got so over exposed in the late 90's early 2000's with so much of it on all the time. Ideally I think 6 PPV's a year would work the best. It would allow for storylines to develop better and actually make title matches worth something again.

Another entry into these WWE comparison threads.

2 years that are 1 decade apart. But the product couldn't be more different. 1990 holds elements of the hogan/ real PG era. While 2000 has the attitude era to rely on.

My pick is 2000 due to a better product. Great ppv throughout the year (most notably backlash). I really can't comment on 1990 since I have never seen anything from it.

In which year did WWE have the better product? Why?

How can you compare 1990 WWF to 2000 WWF when you your self said you have never seen anything from 1990 in the WWF, honestly I think your thread should be taken down for lack of stupidity you must be in your late teens early 20's because Honestly 1990 was a better year in the WWF I have said it time and time again I am Old School and granted I did like the AE but I have to go with 1990 because they had 4 PPV'S a year not 10-13 they had Saturday Night's Main Event ( The Best One not the one from a few years ago ) back then they had Cartoonish Characters like Hillbilly Jim The Ultimate Warrior but it was a fun time.

Well 1990 was the year of the Warrior and 2000 was the McMahon Hemsley era.Best ppv of 1990 Wrestlemania 6 best ppv of 2000 Summerslam.Match of the year 1990 Hogan vs Warrior.Best match of the year for 2000 Triple h vs Cactus Jack street fight Royal Rumble.Superstar of the year 1990 Warrior for 2000 Kurt Angle

How can you compare 1990 WWF to 2000 WWF when you your self said you have never seen anything from 1990 in the WWF, honestly I think your thread should be taken down for lack of stupidity you must be in your late teens early 20's because Honestly 1990 was a better year in the WWF I have said it time and time again I am Old School and granted I did like the AE but I have to go with 1990 because they had 4 PPV'S a year not 10-13 they had Saturday Night's Main Event ( The Best One not the one from a few years ago ) back then they had Cartoonish Characters like Hillbilly Jim The Ultimate Warrior but it was a fun time.

Take the thread down for lack of stupidity? That’s a new one. I personally prefer threads that lack stupidity, but I can see where you might be different as your post has only one period. I’m an old school guy who grew up during the Hulkamania era and that time will always be very special to me. With that said, I think 2000 was the better year. I posted my thoughts on the year in another thread just a few hours ago so I’ll be brief. 2000 gave us a lot of fresh new faces. We saw the rise of Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boys, The Dudley Boys, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and others. Plus we had Triple H and The Rock in their primes and the transformation of the Undertaker into the American Badass. There were countless hilarious moments involving Foley, Angle, E&C, Jericho, Rock, and others. Overall 2000 was pure entertainment in every aspect of the business.

Let's not criticze the thread starter for not having knowledge of 1990. Should he be punished for his age? He's looking for other opinions from those of us who lived through that era. Nothing wrong with that.

I didn't start watching wrestling until 1991, so I guess I'll have to go with 2000. I've mainly just seen the PPVs of 1990 and they were pretty good when I first saw them a few years later at the age of 12. (Not sure how well they've held up since then. Definitely not as good as 2000.) The attitude era(which obviously includes 2000) and even 2001 and most of 2002 was "must see tv." You had great storylines in 2000 like "Who ran over Stone Cold?" and Rock battling it out with the McMahon-Helmsley Faction/Regime. Plus, you had the rise of Kurt Angle, Foley as a helluva commissioner, Edge and Christian reeking of awesomeness, Undertaker returning as a biker and Chris Benoit, IMO, delivered some of his best promos as a heel this year. You also had great moments like Undertaker wrapping a chain around Big Show's neck and throwing him off either the stage or the ramp. (I forgot which. It was in the Summer on an episode of Raw.)

Take the thread down for lack of stupidity? That’s a new one. I personally prefer threads that lack stupidity, but I can see where you might be different as your post has only one period. I’m an old school guy who grew up during the Hulkamania era and that time will always be very special to me. With that said, I think 2000 was the better year. I posted my thoughts on the year in another thread just a few hours ago so I’ll be brief. 2000 gave us a lot of fresh new faces. We saw the rise of Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boys, The Dudley Boys, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and others. Plus we had Triple H and The Rock in their primes and the transformation of the Undertaker into the American Badass. There were countless hilarious moments involving Foley, Angle, E&C, Jericho, Rock, and others. Overall 2000 was pure entertainment in every aspect of the business.

Let's not criticze the thread starter for not having knowledge of 1990. Should he be punished for his age? He's looking for other opinions from those of us who lived through that era. Nothing wrong with that.

I am not saying 2000 was a bad year. I did not mind it one bit I just liked 1990 better for a PPV Standpoint with only 4 a year it worked. Even now I still think they should only have 4 -6 PPVS not 10-13 how the Economy is there's no reason for so many PPV's now back in 2000 I understand why because of WCW having so many they were competing with WCW but now they don't need as many as they use to have.

I'd take 1990 over 2000 any day. Warrior vs Hogan, Mr Perfect's first IC title reign, the WWE debut of L.O.D. which btw was a huge deal at the time. Oh and The Undertaker's debut... Of course I didn't care for the year 2000 much anyway. I'd take 91 and 92 over it aswell.

I've gotta go for 1990. Four PPVs with long built up feuds leading up to them. Royal Rumble was a fairly decent one that year-Hogan's first Rumble win. Wrestlemania VI was pretty solid compared to (what in my opinion is the worst of the Attitude era) Wrestlemania 2000. Sumerslam 1990 was pretty weak but the tag team championship match between Hart Foundation and Demolition was pretty strong. Survivor Series of that year was absolutely the best thing I'd ever seen as a kid. All your favorite "goodies" teaming up against your most hated "baddies". This could never fail!

Following my formula...

1990 – On the WWF World Title scene, we had Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior holding Winged Eagle Belt.

2000 – On the WWF World Title scene, we had Big Show, Triple H, The Rock, and Kurt Angle holding Attitude Era Belt.

I think I’m going to go with 1990. Looking at the WWE Title scene alone isn’t really helping me pick one year over the other this time. In 1990, it was the first time in WrestleMania where we had a Face vs. Face, Champion vs. Champion, Title vs. Title match and feud going made this year really special. 2000 had WrestleMania 2000. Nuff said.

Following my formula...

1990 – On the WWF World Title scene, we had Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior holding Winged Eagle Belt.

2000 – On the WWF World Title scene, we had Big Show, Triple H, The Rock, and Kurt Angle holding Attitude Era Belt.

I think I’m going to go with 1990. Looking at the WWE Title scene alone isn’t really helping me pick one year over the other this time. In 1990, it was the first time in WrestleMania where we had a Face vs. Face, Champion vs. Champion, Title vs. Title match and feud going made this year really special. 2000 had WrestleMania 2000. Nuff said.

Real great formula. I mean let's forget about the matches Angle, Benoit, and Jericho had together. We can forget about HHH being the most hated person ever and Rock's popularity skyrocketing. We can discount Edge & Christian, Hardys, and the Dudleys revolutionizing tag team wrestling with TLC. We can even forget the epic matches that HHH and Foley had at the beginning of the year.

We must remember Wrestlemania 2000. Live on, live on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back