• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WTF Is Homoaffectionality?

I love me some Scarface, but I can see how people would find it overrated. What makes this movie one of my all-time favorites is the fact that they pulled no punches, and that they didn't try to glorify the life of a gangster. Yeah, Tony Montana has a lot of money, but he's still an idiot asshole who has to get to get his money laundered, buys a tiger for a pet, and whose wife hates his guts.

The only thing I find funny is how some people idolize Tony Montana...why the fuck would you idolize someone like that?

τδιγλε;1523103 said:
I love me some Scarface, but I can see how people would find it overrated. What makes this movie one of my all-time favorites is the fact that they pulled no punches, and that they didn't try to glorify the life of a gangster. Yeah, Tony Montana has a lot of money, but he's still an idiot asshole who has to get to get his money laundered, buys a tiger for a pet, and whose wife hates his guts.

The only thing I find funny is how some people idolize Tony Montana...why the fuck would you idolize someone like that?

I think it's a great story and Pacino's great, but it just doesn't hold up. But the blood looked pretty bad, I thought. And I couldn't stand his not Cuban at all sister, Ol' Dandelion Head.

I think for the most part, it's a very well-done movie for what it was, but there are some people who overhype the hell out of it and act like it's this generation's Citizen Kane. I think that's what kills it for me more than anything else.

Plus, my dad had the original VHS version of it, and the gunshots were so fake and old sounding until they remastered the hell out of them in later copies.

τδιγλε;1523135 said:
If you're serious, Laughing My Ass Off and Laugh Out Loud. Lulz is just a variant of LOL...it's not an acronym of any kind.

No Tdigs, I wasn't kidding. I seriously did not know. Take pleasure in the fact that you taught a hillbilly some new tricks.

Scarface is definitely better than Carlito's Way. The only thing it has over Scarface is a murderous coked up Sean Penn with a jewfro.

I'm still waiting for this movie...

28rh2tv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back