Wrestling match that made you a Pro Wrestling Fan?

hskerfan4life

I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I was wondering if anyone has a specific match that made them a Pro Wrestling fan, or one that made them sit up and take notice, and they were like "whoa, I gotta watch this every chance I get!"

For me it was one particular match:

Prior, living in Omaha, NE I'd flip through the TV a little and catch a bit of AWA Wrestling on Saturdays but for the life of me, I have no idea who people were.. Then 1 night, flipping thru the channels, and see this match come on, Piper vs Snuka. I was instantly hooked, and became a fan of Roddy Piper that night.
The next morning, I'm out on my bile, and I hear one of my friends talking to another friend about what happened. I reply "Isn't Roddy Piper great??" My friend looked like he was gonna run after me, "Piper ran away like a coward from Snuka!"

There wasn't a match that really made me a wrestling fan.

We had 1 hour per week of WCW on TV in the early 90s and Sting was being pushed as the lead face at the time. 'Flyin' Brian, The 4 Horsemen, The Steiner's, Vader, Rick Rude etc.

The problem was, WCW PPV's were hard to find on VHS, WWF was a lot easier, so as a kid, it was a struggle to follow.

I wouldn't say the match made me a fan, but Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania 8 made me look at wrestling differently. I was getting away from super hero's and getting more into sports so I started to enjoy the matches more than the characters. I realized that after this match. Then I watched Bret vs Bulldog and knew it was something special. Still holds up to me as the greatest match of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back