• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleZone Debaters League

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
If you remember, a few months ago I asked if people would be interested, and I did get a lot of people that said they would.

So this is what I have in mind.

We would get a group of 20 posters who would compete in a debating season. The season would last for about 30 weeks a season, and would consist of 30 debates.

The debaters would be given topics that consisted mostly of Wrestling related debates, such as "Who screwed who: The Montreal Screw Job", "Who is the bigger wrestling influence: Vince McMahon or Hulk Hogan", to smaller debates such as "Would Chris Benoit be in the Hall of Fame if he never killed his family". And to spice it up, I would also like to throw in some debates relating to wrestling, but are on the sidelines, such as "Who had the better transition outside of Professional Wrestling: The Rock, or Brock Lesnar"

All debates will be judged by a panel of judges who will give you a score. From there, the debater with the most points will win the round, and gain 2 points. If there is a tie, 1 point for each person, and there are 0 points for a loss.

Rounds will begin like this. Posters will be given a topic, and they will have 5 posts to debate the other poster. One person will be given home field advantage, getting the final post of the round. Posters will be given five days to debate. You need to make a post 24 hours after the last post, as to not to stall the round.

After the regular season, points will be added up, and the top four debaters will move onto the playoffs. Here the debates will be harder, and of course the competition will be fierce. The winner after the playoffs will get the WrestleZone Debaters Cup, and perhaps a prize if possible.

Now I will need Administrator approval to start this, and from there, I can move further to making all of this a go.

This WILL be a great chance to get yourself better known. I am sure many will be given tons of rep if you are interested in that. You prove yourself here, and I guarantee other posters will notice you.

Edit: My first move may be to limit the season to perhaps 14 weeks.

Sounds great. One thing though: 30 WEEKS!?!!!??!?! ARE YOU INSANE?!??!

That's WAAAAAAAAY to long of a "season". So many people would stop caring by like Week 10.

Dude 30 weeks is just ridiculous. That's longer than the damn WZ Tournament if I'm not mistaken.

It takes your dick 30 weeks to come out of it's tortoise shell? Well that can't be very convenient.

I was thinking about running something like this in my section. It would have wrestling and non wrestling topics. I was going to set up a league and a table. Odd numbered weeks would be wrestling, even numbered weeks would be non wrestling, and then we could open it up to comments.

I was going to recruit judges, who obviously wouldn't be involved in the league.

But if someone else wants to run it, I would love to able to participate. Playing is more fun than reffing.

I was thinking about running something like this in my section. It would have wrestling and non wrestling topics. I was going to set up a league and a table. Odd numbered weeks would be wrestling, even numbered weeks would be non wrestling, and then we could open it up to comments.

I was going to recruit judges, who obviously wouldn't be involved in the league.

Could we perhaps set up a partnership?

I'd like to be in... but that's only we we can change the rules so the tourney doesn't last until my 40th birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back