Christian Battlez
Falkon
Mr. Baller
The Five Star Frog Splash
Showtime
Jmt225
Milenko​

Topic: What was the better territory in Wrestling History

List of Territories to choose from. Only choose one of these territories. You can post here now, and pick your territory. Then when you have time, edit that post and replace it with your argument. Only one poster per alternate. Remember, you only have 48 hours to get your post in.

List of Territories

WCCW
Stampede Wrestling
Smokey Mountain Wrestling
Mid-Atlantic Wrestling
Mid South Wrestling
Championship Wrestling from Florida
Georgia Championship Wrestling
NWA All Star Wrestling
NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling
NWA Midwest
New Japan Pro Wrestling
Maple Leaf Wrestling​

NOTE:

To add more possible debaters, if you want into the league, PM me, or post in the Bar Room thread. I will add your name, and a new territory to the list.

Njpw.jpg

What was the better territory in Wrestling History?

The answer to this question is without a doubt New Japan Pro Wrestling. Ever since Anotnio Inoki founded NJPW in 1972 there has been a whos who of world famous Wrestlers from inside and outside Japan that have walked into a New Japan ring. The likes of Ultimo Dragon, Jushin Liger, The Great Mutah, Kenta Kobashi, and Taka Michinoku have all competed in NJPW before coming over to America.

It's not just Japanese who wrestle in New Japan before coming to America, Americans also go over to Japan to hone their craft and become the best at what they do. Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley have all competed in NJPW and won Major titles. Not only have today's superstars gone over to New Japan and beat the best they have to offer a laundry list of Legendary Superstars have also competed in New Japan.

Eddie Guerrero, Y2J, Dean Malenko And Chris Benoit have all competed in New Japan before becoming huge stars here in America. Undoubtedly without their time in NJPW they would not have become the stars the did. It was their time In New Japan that brought them to the attention of ECW owner Paul Heyman and in turn WCW president Eric Bischoff and WWE owner Vince McMahon. Without New Japan we would not have most of the household names we have today.

I call WCCW! All right then. Why was WCCW the greastest territory? Well, seeing as WCCW is probably the most recognizable group, here's why they're the best.

First off, they had a national television deal all across the United States, so they had mainstream exposure to most people. I don't recall other promotions having a deal like that. They had arguably one of the greatest tag team rivalries of all time in The Freebirds and Von Erichs feud. That feud alone put them on the map and helped give exposure to many other young stars like The Fantastics, Midnight Express, Killer Khan, Chris Adams, Gino Hernandez, and many more. Their ratings have also been rumored to have beaten Saturday Night Live before as well. But the triumphant story of WCCW doesn't end there, oh no. You see even the Nature Boy is part of this great story because he was involved in a World title match against Kerry Von Erich, which was a steel cage match with Micheal "P.S." Hayes acting as the ref mind you. The Freebirds cost him the match so that's how the rivalry started.

But also, WCCW had something other than unique superstars; they had brutal matches. The brutality of some of these fights were unreal at the time. Somewhat of an early version of ECW, except without all the mindless weapon violence and way better storytelling. WCCW truly was the best since they have inducted the Von Erichs into the Hall of Fame. Gary Hart booked the product wonderfully and his booking prowlness seems to have rubbed off of current SmackDown creative writer, Micheal Hayes. For some reason, I just wrote another informative paragraph and I had to start over for some reason, it was really good too. I'm too lazy to rewrite it, but it was about their demise. And Gary Hart. But that is why WCCW is the BEST TERRITORY!!! thanks for putting me in here again!

The better wrestling promotion aye? Well, I am going to have to say Stampede Wrestling.

What isn't there great about the promotion? Stampede Wrestling was one of the main companies in the Canadian region for about half a century that earned television deals to showcase the support to over 50 countries. For a territorial company, this is quite an impressive feat in of itself. Many great wrestlers that would eventually headline some of the biggest companies in the world came from the promotion such as The Hart Family, Brian Pillman & the Honky Tonk Man, all leaving their legacy's & places in history for the positive.

Stu Hart owned the company for most of the duration & relegated it very well despite the fact it was a sub-company of the NWA at the time. He trained his professional wrestlers in the company's school known to many as the infamous Dungeon, a place where the best of the best have honed their crafts & their legacies are within the making... such as modern wrestlers from The Hart Dynasty. From what they have learned based on from the Dungeon has given them a head start in their endeavours. Comparing similar 3r generational stars Natalya Neidhart & Lacey von Erich, it can be easily identifable that Nattie has the better wrestling skills & career thus far than Lacey, despite both being trained by their ancestors & being breed within two great wrestling families.

To say the least, if it was not for the Stampede Wrestling promotion, then most of the greatest Canadian wrestling stars would not have been placed into the mainstream spotlight.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: I would like to officially apoligise, mainly to TM, for not posting in the alternates battle royales. I was unaware I was even in the debator's league. From now on, I shall try to do the best I can to be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back