Wrestlewar 1990 with KB

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlewar 1990
Date: February 25, 1990
Attendance: 9,894
Commentators: Jim Ross, Terry Funk

We’re into 1990 now and Funk has stepped into commentary, so we need a new feud for Flair. That man would have been Sting who had been thrown out of the Horsemen on February 6. At Starrcade, Sting had pinned Flair to win the Iron Man Tournament and asked for a title shot. Flair snapped and turned the Horsemen heel again, destroying Sting in the process. That night, Sting legit hut his knee so his title match tonight (which he was supposed to win) was postponed. The replacement? Lex Luger, who has had more classics with Flair than should be legally allowed. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Another Great Flair vs. Luger Match

Luger had great matches with guys like Flair and Sting (READ AS: People who could carry him), but he sure had some crappers, too.

Luger had great matches with guys like Flair and Sting (READ AS: People who could carry him), but he sure had some crappers, too.

It wasn't so much that he was carried; it was just that he was in there with guys that motivated him to give his absolute best.

This is true. When Lex was dogging it.....oh dear. See SuperBrawl II for the best example of this.

It wasn't so much that he was carried; it was just that he was in there with guys that motivated him to give his absolute best.

I can agree with that. Luger's biggest fault (aside from the fact that he wasn't a great in-ring competitor) may have been his lack of motivation at times. He had his moments -- the look was the there, the athleticism was there, but the passion wasn't.

I'm trying to think of guys who motivated Luger and I've come up with a handful of guys: Flair, Sting, Koloff, and Rhodes. I'd say that's where he really had it all put together.

I never got the feeling Luger was dogging it. I always felt like he was too stupid to call a decent match. He needed someone better/more experienced. Maybe there was a lack of effort, and I don't remember it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back