• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlers who get the biggest pop in their hometown

The Fabulous Rougeau's

Championship Contender
Just about any wrestler weather face or heel will get a pop when they wrestle in their hometown. But there are some who get the over the top pop. Names that come to mind are:

CM Punk: He's at the point now where Chicago is a part of his character. It doesn't matter weather he's a face or heel, he's so pro Chicago all the time that he gets an insane reaction when in Chicago. Probably the biggest reaction of any current wrestler today.

Bret Hart: He's from Calgary, but his appeal stretches all over Canada. He is probably the greatest example of biggest hometown pop of all time.

Stone Cold: This one isn't as noticable because he gets a huge pop anywhere, but based solely on him getting cheered after turning heel and aligning with Vince at Mania XVII in Texas I had to include him.

Who else is out their past or present that gets the crazy hometown pop/Most associated with their hometown?

John Cena gets a marginally more positive reaction in his hometown than anywhere else, Christian works though.

Barrett/Regal in England.

Mysterio in Texas too.

I'm with NorCal on this. I think the only two legitimate answers are CM Punk and Bret Hart. Those are the only who get an exceedingly large pop versus other venues. Names like Austin and Rey get big pops regardless. All the kids love Rey and Austin..well he's loved by all of us. Any other returning big names always get a big pop as well.

Pretty much any successful wrestler from England whether it be Bulldog, Regal, Barrett or whoever else.

Von Erichs in Texas (Dallas exploded when Kevin put on the Iron Claw at Raw)

Lawler in Memphis

There isn't a lot of wrestlers that get noticeably larger pops in their hometown. As Norcal said most wrestlers get a similar pop regardless of where they are.

Austin has the whole arena on their feet no matter where he goes. He's gonne get a pop whether in Texas, NY, Canada, doesn't matter.

Jacques Rougeau in Montreal? I've never seen him wrestle in Montreal but if Hogan put him over there and his retirement match at the Montreal Forum drew a sell-out crowd, I assume he must get crazy pops there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back