Wrestlers on Television Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Well I was watching an old episode of the Drew Carey Show earlier and who would appear but Mr. Levesque himself, Triple H. Which got me to thinking about all the different guest spots that wrestlers have done on television series' over the years. Here's a quick list I remembered off the top of my head.

The Rock on Star Trek: Voyager, February 2000 "Tsunkatse" (Wiki)

The Rock on That 70s Show, February 1999 "That Wrestling Show" (Wiki)

Triple H on The Drew Carey Show, December 1998 "Rats, Kate's Dating a Wrestler" (Wiki)

Vader on Boy Meets World, May 1995 "The Thrilla' in Phila" (Wiki)

Mick Foley on G vs. E (Wiki)

Triple H, HBK, Sable, Chyna on Pacific Blue (Wiki)

So, any others you guys can think of? I know I'm missing a ton of guest spots I'm sure, especially for Hogan probably.

09-07-08 Batista was on Iron Chef America once. Battle Snails. Ewww...

And do you want to count all the SNL guest appearances? Then you have the Rock, Cena, Trips...

Batista also featured in an episode of Smallville! Triple H has been on Mad TV, Austin & Trips have been Punk'd seperately. Kevin Nash in Ninja Turtles 2 (well a film really). Chyna was also on 70s show.

I remember The Rock in Voyager, he just wrestles Seven of Nine and wins with the Rock Bottom lol.

I remember watching Mickie James on Pysch a while ago, and The Rock was also in Hannah Montana. My sister was watching the show a few months back, and I came into the room and The Rock was on TV, dressed up in make up and having his nails done. Can't remember much of it, it was just hilarious seeing him in that show. Poor guy had to work with Miley Cyrus.

Terry Funk is one wrestler that keeps appearing in movies and television that you would never think of. This guy appears almost everywhere. The Beyond Belief- Fact or Fiction show was on Chill, where Terry Funk killed a wrestler in the ring. WTF? (Wiki)

* Movies
o Paradise Alley (1978)
o Over the Top (1987)
o Timestalkers (1987)
o Road House (1989)
o Mom, Can I Keep Her? (1998)
o Active Stealth (1999)
o Beyond the Mat (1999)
o Friday Night Lights (2004) (Uncredited role)
o The Ringer (2005)

* Television
o Wildside (1985)
o Swamp Thing (1991)
o Quantum Leap (1991)
o Tequila and Bonetti (1992)
o The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. (1993)
o Thunder in Paradise (1994)
o Beyond Belief - Fact or Fiction (1998)

Bret Hart was part of a major skit on madTV where he appeared with Will Sasso. It involved a fight between the two, which was of course scripted. Will Sasso is a huge wrestling fan.

Thunder in Paradise (1994)

Lol... I remember watching this show religiously every week before Nitro. It was such trash, but I loved Sting and Hogan too much not too tune in every single week.

Anyway, can't believe no one brought this up yet, but Bret Hart, on the Simpsons, buying Mr. Burns' house. I marked out hard for that one. So awesome.

I remember, off the top of my head:

• The Rock on The Romeo Show and Hannah Montana (nickleodeon)

• Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin on the Bernie Mac Show

• Mick Foley as Mankind on Boy Meets World

• Stacey Keibler on the Geroge Lopez Show

Then, you also have shows like SNL, Mad TV, Punk'd Where the list extends from Cena to Goldberg and Edge to Bret Hart

I remember when the Rock made an appearence on Mad TV. The skit had Will Sasso acting star-struck as he was interviewing the Rock. The funniest part is when Will Sasso sings a song that he wrote for the Rock called "If You Smell What the Rock is Cookin'". It's one of the funniest skits that I've ever seen on Mad TV.

About 10 years ago The Outsiders were on a Saturday morning kids TV show. Live & Kicking maybe. Kevin Nash, Big Daddy Cool that he was, wore casuals. Scott Hall wore his wrestling shorts, pulled way too high. Scott Hall then played with some kids. I think some goo was involved.

The Big Breakfast had The Rock & Big Show on the same episode one. Now you'd get Jack Swagger on his own, how times change.

Oh my god, and how could I forget the Big Show's cameo in the Waterboy with Adam Sandler as Captain Insano!!! I believe Wight was with WCW at the time, but it made for a memorable moment on the big screen.

Oh my god, and how could I forget the Big Show's cameo in the Waterboy with Adam Sandler as Captain Insano!!! I believe Wight was with WCW at the time, but it made for a memorable moment on the big screen.

Oh that was a brillaint moment! Gotta add Wight in Jingle All The Way punching a midget off of Arnie's back lol.

Gotta add William Regal being on SMTV Live and on C.H.U.M.S. You also had JR and Terri Runnels the following year and the presenter rips into wrestling and JR looked pissed

I think that both Triple H and the Rock were on Mad TV on separate episodes, there may have been a few other wrestlers, too. That was back when the show was actually good though. The Sasso/Rock sketch was freaking epic, Sasso went on for like 10 minutes in his high pitched singing voice and Rock had no idea what to do.

I think that both Triple H and the Rock were on Mad TV on separate episodes, there may have been a few other wrestlers, too. That was back when the show was actually good though. The Sasso/Rock sketch was freaking epic, Sasso went on for like 10 minutes in his high pitched singing voice and Rock had no idea what to do.

Exactly!!! And when Sasso kept asking him to autograph things, and when the Rock asked, "Who's this for?" And Sasso replies, "...uhhhh... JJJJJoe???" Seriously, it was such an epic skit.

Even though I remember him being on there, I don't think I saw the episode...

The Rock has been in quite a few Disney Channel shows, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place. I love seeing The Rock is kids shows like this. He plays himself in both. In Hannah Montana, he's given a make-over and made to look like "Granny Rock". The episode is my favourite because it's funny to see him in make-up.

The Rock has been in quite a few Disney Channel shows, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place. I love seeing The Rock is kids shows like this. He plays himself in both. In Hannah Montana, he's given a make-over and made to look like "Granny Rock". The episode is my favourite because it's funny to see him in make-up.

Actually, one of my favorite non-WWE television Rock moments is when he was on SNL and played that monkey-boy type character with Chris Kattan. Seeing him eat that apple was some funny stuff. Very memorable, as most SNL skits with WWE superstars usually are.

These go back quite a while, but I remember Jesse Ventura in an episode of Small Wonder (anyone remember that show?) and Big John Studd was in an episode of Hunter. There was also that show Learning the Ropes starring Lyle Alzado. It was about a father (I think he was a teacher) who moonlighted as a wrestler under a mask. NWA wrestlers were in that show all the time.

Let's not forget about Kane and Ashley Massaro being on Smallville and Stone Cold Steve Austin on Nash Bridges. Sting was on Mad TV to where I believe he fought Bret Hart. My personal favorite would be The Rock on That 70's Show because for a while I was obsessed with that show. It was also made better IMO by the fact that he got to play his father and talked about how his son would be the Most Electric Man In Sports Entertainment.

Hulk Hogan on Walker Texas Ranger, Division Lines, 2001.

This is a great episode, though I have yet to see an episode of Walker that I didn't enjoy, If I remember correctly.

There was also an episode of Walker that had Frankie "Kaz" Kazarian in it, although he dies in the episode.

The Rock and The Hardyz were in one episode of That 70's Show. Batista, Kane and Ashley Massaro was in one Smallville I. remember an episode of The Big Breakfast had Matt Hardy on it once, I marked out before I went to school. Thats all I can remember that I've seen in the UK

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Shawn Michaels on Baywatch. He played a complete goon (literally as a hired goon for a mobster), and that's all I really remember. I remember being really young watching it at the time and my parents commented on his terrible acting and how goofy he was, including my dad making fun of his ponytail.

It also brought us this:

HBKYEEEEAAAAAAH.gif

Mickie James started the trend of WWE wrasslers appearing on Psych in season 3's episode "Talk Derby to Me", where she played a rolly derby skater who was also involved in a bunch of department store break-ins. John Cena was the guest star for the second half of the season 4's opener "You Cant Handle This Episode.", where he played Detective Ohara's older brother, an ex-soldier. And Stacy Keibler was on the episode after that, with "legs Shawn wanted to climb." She was in it for cheap sex appeal, nothing more.

Chyna was on an episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway? I don't remember which season but I do vaguely remember her making out with Colin Mochrie.

[youtube]pq0zsT-nUAc[/youtube]
It's at 1:57. But really, you could go on living your life without witnessing it.

[youtube]0xk8JqEJMQY[/youtube]

One of my all time favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother, featured the always amazing Stacy Kiebler on their 100th episode a few weeks ago. She played a sexy bartender that Barney was willing to give up wearing suits in order to sleep with. I can't say I blame him. And I mention this for the sole purpose that it gives me a chance to post this:
[youtube]PNOG3XIX4Xg[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back