• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlers in person?

michael.foulds

I'm Awesome ;)
So we see wrestlers every week on tv and see their tv personas. Now my question is who has met a wrestler/s in person?

Are they similar to their tv personas? Are they nice? Are they pricks?

I've heard that people like Batista, Orton, Goldberg and Nash can be pricks whilst Triple H, Cena, Jerry Lawler, Kane and The Miz are the most down-to-earth.

So does anyone have any stories about meeting wrestlers? And what were they like?

Chris Jericho is-either a really cool,funny guy or even a funny asshole depending on his mood, i've read his book, he's opionated, charismatic etc.

Evan Bourne-next to JOhn Cena he is one of the nicest guys ever.

Miz-you can rarely get him out of character but when you do he's a really nice guy.

Jack Swagger-mean

triple h-tough/stern

Chris Jericho- awesome and really nice guy!! He laughed when i told him that I liked when he called the people parasites and tapeworms

Xpac- SUPER nice guy!!..VERY FUNNY!!..also very down to earth..he'll answer anything you ask him..he wrote "suck it" on the autograph..lol

Scott Hall- VERY nice guy..he's doing well but he looked like he aged soo many years. I told him the Razor Ramon vs. HBK ladder match at MSG was amazing. He was like, I'm very happy you enjoyed it now I know I did my job because that the reaction I want to hear!

Shad Gaspard- AWESOME guy!!..very sweet!!..he truly remembers his fans. He remembers me on Twitter when I told him who I was. He was like, "ohh yeahh i know who u are!! you tweet me all the time!!"

I can personally vouch for Kane...in the last Ten years, I have met Jeff Hardy, RVD, Balls Mahoney, Kane, Khali, Benoit, Sgt. Slaughter, Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, CM Punk, Dean Malenko, Mike Rotunda (IRS/Husky Harris's dad) and a few others. Of them, Kane was one of the most humble guys, as was Sarge and Steamboat. (Dusty Rhodes is a fucking prick though). Kane was not only polite, but was actually conversational with the group I was in. Cool dude.

I met Jeff Hardy and he seemed annoyed. I also met CM Punk, he was an ass. The only one that I met that was actually nice was Ricky Ortiz. Lucky me.

Oh and kind of an odd story. My uncle actually lived next to Batista for a while. My uncle then procedeed to cheat on his wife (She made all the money), got divorced, had to move, now he lives with his daughter and is competely broke. He also promised to get me an autograph, he never did. :disappointed:

I met Raven at two of the local wrestling shows (LCW) that happened on Friday and t'night. I'm sorry I didn't get to actually talk to him more than I did, but I'm a shy girl. lol~ He has a flu at the moment, but it didn't stop him from being polite.

If/when he comes back, I'm definitely paying the extra for the Q&A session. At least then I can get the nerve to ask questions. lol~ He was a lot more personable and engaging than I thought he would be. :)

From my personal experience working in Law enforcement and Security most wrestlers I have met in stores, hotels or restaurants have been pretty cool. I have met Jerry Lawler 3times and he was always very nice and funny during the conversations we had and he actually remember my name the last 2 times I went to say hi, that really shock me. I also met REY Mystereo 2 times and he was very cool, I asked him if he can say happy birthday on the phone to my mom ( 60 ) and he did it spoke to her for 15 minutes plus gave me a autographed for her and my son. Eddie Guerrero was another cool conversation and also Mick Foley. I also had a long conversation on the subway with the Haiti kid. Most of these guys are average Joe's that haven't forgotten where they came from and who supports them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back