• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlers in Genuine Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyado

Elegantly Wasted Superstar
I remember reading in Mick Foley's first (and best) autobiography that of all the ridiculous stunts he had pulled in the ring, the one which hurt him the most was when he was in a cage match against triple H and Chyna slammed the old school, metal cage door on his head. I think it was summerslam 97- look it up, she really smashed it against his head. Foley said that was the most painful thing he'd ever experience and he didn't know what to do with himself, the pain was so intense.

That got me thinking- what other moments can you remember where you've thought, jeez that has got to REALLY hurt, or where a wrestler really seems in genuine pain? The two which spring to mind for me are both to do with Chris Benoit. Firstly where a suicide dive went wrong- he missed, but did it on the announce table side so just crashed, shoulder/back first into the point of the table. The table didn't break so he just bounced off.

Secondly, and imo worse- was his diving headbutt to Kane off the ladder in the MITB match. He looked like he was in pain as he climbed the ladder with his arm and then after he smashed down from about 15ft he was literally writhing in pain with his arm and smashed his mouth up pretty bad. Here it is, about 8:30 in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qFJjuDdAtM. Gruesome.

Over to you...

I cringe every time! How she continued this match is still a mystery, this was literally folding up like an accordion.
[YOUTUBE]Awd7DQg5c5o[/YOUTUBE]​

Yeah, Lita's dive was a hell of a bump, but I think one of the worst was when Billy Kidman basicly curbstomped Chavo Gurrerro off of a shooting star press, hiting his head against the mat with his knee.

I cringe every time! How she continued this match is still a mystery, this was literally folding up like an accordion.
[YOUTUBE]Awd7DQg5c5o[/YOUTUBE]​

I think that appeared more painful than it actually was. You have to remember that Lita is incredibly flexible. I'm not saying it didn't genuinely hurt - as it most certainly did - but it isn't nearly as bad as it looks.

My pick would have to be when the Undertaker chokeslammed Mankind through the top of the cell. I heard that this wasn't planned. It looked amazingly excruciating. His body hit that canvas with great impact, and his body was in visible pain. It's like being slammed form the top rope multiplied by three. I'm sure there are a lot of moments where wrestlers are in real pain, but that was the moment that popped up in my mind.

My pick would have to be when the Undertaker chokeslammed Mankind through the top of the cell. I heard that this wasn't planned. It looked amazingly excruciating. His body hit that canvas with great impact, and his body was in visible pain. It's like being slammed form the top rope multiplied by three. I'm sure there are a lot of moments where wrestlers are in real pain, but that was the moment that popped up in my mind.
Mick Foley was KO'd by that, and the one nice thing about being unconscious is that you don't feel much pain. Not trying to say it didn't hurt a bunch afterwards, however. I bet it didn't tickle.

I don't understand why sometimes I reply to threads and when I come back a few hours later it has gone and say's I have not replied?

Anyway my picks were Sid Vicious when he snapped his ankle (pretty obvious one) and Joey Mercury with the ladder incident.

ouch the sid vicious ankle break was a brutal one. Another moment that made me cringe is Sabu breaking his neck... holy shit that looked bad, to be honest i'm surprised we don't see more brutal injuries in the WWE, things like you see in the NFL when a receiver breaks his leg, for the most part wrestlers do a great job of taking care of each other.

ouch the sid vicious ankle break was a brutal one. Another moment that made me cringe is Sabu breaking his neck... holy shit that looked bad

I can't believe that I completly forgot about that. They had it on one of the WWE dvd's (I think Benoit's), and I had to watch that over and over when I was training one night so we knew what could happen should we not take care of each other in the ring.

The worst ive seen was Sid breaking his leg. Ive never seen anything like it before, the leg looked literally like a bendy straw, its terrible.

I generally try to stay away from those types of highlights. Ive seen Benoit's and god it looked painful, his nose began to bleed afterwards while he was writhing in pain, so his nose possibly broke.

Im sure whoever fell and bent the ladder in one of Mania's MITB matches was probably in so much damn pain. Not sure who it was. I believe it was WM 22.

I don't understand why sometimes I reply to threads and when I come back a few hours later it has gone and say's I have not replied?

Anyway my picks were Sid Vicious when he snapped his ankle (pretty obvious one) and Joey Mercury with the ladder incident.

basically took my top two right there at least off the top of my head..

other than that, anytime thumbtacks have been invovled i've cringed a little... they werent overused on WWE while i've been watching so they still have the impact....

as a kid I would have thrown Marty Janetty being thrown through the barbershop glass up there (hey I was young and thought he was actually THROWN through the glass... sue me!)

The only other moment I said OMG that mustve hurt! was in one of the TLC matches between the hardy boyz, dudleyz and edge and christian... The one where Rhyno, Lita, and Spike got involved (too lazy too look up which one this was..) The moment where jeff jumped off the ladder onto the prone rhyno and spike... However he basically missed rhyno and hit spike and hit the ground... I remember thinking at the time that it mustve hurt both he and spike...

other than that, I can't recall anything off the top of my head that was that out of the ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back