• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Wrestler A is Wrestler B! Holy shit!"

Facial hair makes a big difference is all I'm saying.

nVwaglQ.jpg

Hell I didn't know this until you said it right now.

I didn't even know all their names; I Wikipedia'd it and apparently he was called "Recon" back then.

Jackyl and Kurrgan were the only ones who really did stuff, and even then it was hardly anything in the undercard where they seem to me to have been passed over in the mass "faction war" happening at that time in favour of the Nation/DOA stuff.

It now occurs to me that John Cena had a Truth Commission lackey for a tag team partner.

There's not many I can think of that haven't been mentioned. I caught most of them besides masked guys because I had older brothers who liked to burst my bubble about wrasslin' back in my childhood so they would always point out when I got excited about "new" characters who were just repackaged Jabrons
I didn't realize until very recently Justin Credible was Aldo Montoya. I was all over the 123 Kid and X-pac thing because I was a huge mark for the Kid and Razor Ramon. I stopped watching WWf for a while when the Kid left to perform as Syxx in WCW so needless to say I followed his career closely. I didn't realize Kwang was Savio, or the Sultan was Phatu/Fatu/Rikishi. It took me quite a while to realize that Wrath was Adam Bomb back then. I also had no idea Umaga had previously performed as Rosey. I definitely didn't realize Black Phantom was Gangrel because I barely remember even seeing a Black Phantom match.
Did anyone else know Kerwin R. White was Chavo? :lmao:

Also before he was Leif Cassidy, Al Snow also was the short-lived masked character Avatar.

And before he was Aldo Montoya, Justin Credible was one of the rare jobbers who got a televised win over an established star, as PJ Walker, pinning IRS on a 1993 episode of Raw - it pays to have friends in high places (the Clique)

Other gimmick changes over the era:

Jim the Anvil Neidhart briefly performed as Who?
The Godwinns were previously in WCW as Tex Slazenger and Shanghai Pierce

how has beefcake and his 18 diffrent gimmicks not been mentioned yet?

Good point, when he was Zodiac that was a prime example of me as a kid going "whoaaa! Check out this cool new guy with face paint" and one of my older brothers saying "he's not new dumbass, it's Brutus Beefcake!" Anyone ever catch Gilberg as a Saturday morning jobber wrestling under his real name Duane Gill? He probably had a few Raw appearances but I remember him from Superstars for the most part.

I somehow didn't know that Big Van Vader was Leon White, even though that skimpy mask barely concealed his face.
I only saw him on TV a few times, but I'm still dumbfounded that I didn't realize Sir William was Bill Dundee until I read it years later.
also, Charlie Brown From Outta Town was Jimmy Valiant. mind=blown

I remember reading a lot of "Holy shit, that's Abyss!?" posts when it was finally revealed that Joseph Park was Abyss, clean and proper.

The illusion of Willow being either Raven or some new guy didn't last long, but I was shocked nonetheless.

how has beefcake and his 18 diffrent gimmicks not been mentioned yet?

I was watching some late 90s WCW recently, since most of it is just a hazy blur to me (I didn't watch WCW that much and even as a 9 year old could tell their ME scene was a complete clusterfudge), spent ages going "who in the blue hell is this Disciple guy" and yeah, it's the Barber.

Which answered my prior question of "why is this nWo randomer hovering round Hogan like a fly on shit?"

Long story short, if Hogan has an enforcer you don't recognise, it's probably Brutus.

Here's another obscure one but one I immediately realised

WCW midder Tex Slazenger is Mideon.

Also Tennessee Lee managed Austin. My knowledge of WCW is really lacking.

How could you not recognize the Valiant Beard!?

EDIT: I didn't know JBL was Bradshaw so maybe I shouldn't be talking though...

First two were legit, but I was being facetious on that one. Apologies to the board: I know, I know.... just because this is a spam zone doesn't mean it's okay to shitpost. I just enjoy typing Charlie Brown From Outta Town and couldn't resist. :shrug:

Hand to God, I didn't know JBL was Bradshaw... and I was like, 14 at the time. Thinking back, I don't even remember Bradshaw making that transition. I just remember JBL taking out Eddie and being all, "who the fuck is this old guy?" My brother had to convince me that JBL was indeed Bradshaw.

You're not the first one. My mom thought they had simply found some New York ass hat with a similar accent to his to play him. She also believed that unmasked Kane was someone else because according to her "He looks shorter and fatter than he did under the mask".

In all seriousness though, I didn't know that Edge & Christian were Los Conquistadores until last night... nor did I know Christopher Daniels played one of the Conquistadores in a segment.

Speaking of Daniels, I just learned a few weeks ago that Christopher Daniels was Spiderman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back