• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleMania XXVII given a BBFC "12" rating...

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
...this probably means nothing to A LOT of people but to us UK members, can you remember the last time a WWE PPV release on DVD/Blu Ray being this low in terms of age rating? Cause I can recall some PPV's in the 90's being PG rated but nothing since about 1998 has been anything lower than a 15. I might be wrong though, and curiosity is killing me.

A very strange decision by the BBFC because whilst nothing really violent took place at WrestleMania, it's almost become a tradition that DVD releases of PPV's in this country are usually 15 due to dangers that take place in a wrestling ring.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/WrestleMania-27-Blu-ray-3-Discs.html

Whilst it's still a month till release, Silvervision are normally pretty bang on with their age ratings. Not that it effects me in any way, just was a bit surprised thats all.

[EDIT] Just been on the BBFC's website and have confirmed it is a "12" rated.

The trend in the US has been that if you are going to sell a lot you can usually "convince" them to knock the rating down some. Maybe this is spreading elsewhere.

Yeah it made me go woah too as its the first of its kind since the tagged classics re releases (Except when they rate extras separably)

Its funny though you can get away with a lot these days with a 12 rating.

Nothing much to look into really, I remember at the age of 13 that I could buy No Mercy (2000) without question and it was rated 18, my ASDA was quite nice about that. My true guess is because WWE is termed PG and it finally convinced the BBFC, expect Extreme Rules to be a 15 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back