Wrestlemania venues

mcfly2012

Occasional Pre-Show
The super stadiums have been hosting Wrestlemania consistently since 23. Last I heard Levi stadium has plenty tickets remaining and I know there still a few weeks left. Plus they trying to sell 100k plus for Dallas next year. With the lack at the minute of new big name future main eventers being groomed and with Cena Taker HHH not got forever to go, will they have to start downsizing stadiums at future Wrestlemania if let's say they struggle to sell out venues, or is the current norm here forever?

It seems inevitable. They did big shows in the beginning at 3,6,8 then went away from it from 9-16, went back to arenas for 17-19, took another break before going back at 23.

Just like everything else in wrestling the arena manias will come and go.

Vancouver BC Canada got a super stadium with can hold about 75,000 ppl plus seastion on the football field we held the 2010 winter Olympic games I think we can handle a wrestlemania

Vancouver BC Canada got a super stadium with can hold about 75,000 ppl plus seastion on the football field we held the 2010 winter Olympic games I think we can handle a wrestlemania

I'm sure they can. But I'm talking about if let's say if the demand is basically not there to hold wrestlemania at these big venues if they struggle to sell out the next couple of mania and downsize.

Even though I personally don't think WWE will downsize anytime soon concerning the venue size, I think that as King502 stated above has a point in saying that Vancouver, BC deserves a Wrestlemania. By and large, when WWE comes to Canada, they goto cities such as Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, etc but strangely have never held a PPV in Vancouver yet.

While we're on the subject of venues, I think that whenever WWE finally holds Wrestlemania on another continent, that using venues(which would usually be open-air venues) in places such as South Africa, Australia, Russia, Chile, France, Hungary, Greece, Spain, China, etc would be a great idea..Whenever WWE gets to holding more televised events in other countries, especially for PPVs (for example, Wrestlemania) just by WWE traveling and helping to promote the event throughout the country, that will in turn help to dramatically expand the WWE's fan base in whatever country WWE happens to be holding Wrestlemania in and it'll also leave the door open for WWE to hold more televised events in said country as well in the future.

I'm sure they can. But I'm talking about if let's say if the demand is basically not there to hold wrestlemania at these big venues if they struggle to sell out the next couple of mania and downsize.

But there's not a huge amount of tickets left. As someone else noted, this happens most years, including in New Orleans last year. In Phoenix in 2010 they were selling tickets on the door. The events still sold out. If WWE need to downsize after Dallas, there's plenty of scope to use smaller stadiums, like a baseball stadium which can be configured for circa 50,000 seats; at the moment there is no need to downsize back to arenas for Wrestlemania.

I wouldn't worry about the WWE going back to arenas. As long as they sell 2/3 of the stadium at face value, they are laughing. As for Dallas, my gut says that they will be building one feud for a year like they did with a Rock vs Cena.

I remember when WWE had their first show in Australian show for nearly 20 years in 2002 in a Melbourne arena (Then known as Telstra Dome now Etihad Stadium) had 67-odd thousand in there which was awesome and has a retractable roof in case of rain.

Two other 80,000 (Sydney) and 100,000 (Melbournems MCG) seat arenas too but I'm not sure they'd fill those seats plus the floor. If it's built like King Kong then maybe.

I don't see them going back to arenas. Even if they only sold 50k in a stadium that's 35k more than they would in an arena. I know a few years ago Jim Ross said that he didn't think they'd ever to a Wrestlemania outside of the U.S. or Canada. The problem is Europe is the time difference. Although with the network I'm not sure that matters as much anymore cause they wouldnt have to worry as much about people just reading the results because the show ended at like noon in the US. I don't know how much logistic trouble it would be though. One thing I'm sure about though is the exchange rate would effect the decision wether to go to Europe. The last time it went to toronto the exchange was in the favor of the U.S. I'm not sure how it is now but I know the pound and euro are both stronger than the dollar right now and have been for a long time. I really don't see them going to over there and losing a third of the money to the exchange. I've hesrd there are tax issues going out of the country also which make it more expensive to run shows so that combined with an unfavorable exchange would make it a no go.

Slightly off topic, but I'm surprised they've never run a ppv in Mexico, a huge wrestling country. There's certainly enough big stadiums and arenas, and they run shows in the country. They've had a ppv in Puerto Rico (which I know is practically USA) so why not Mexico?

I do believe Wrestlemania will never eminate outside of North America. But how good would a ppv be (perhaps Summerslam?) if it were held at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City??

We've had two Wrestlemania's here and I don't think we'll see another one. Skydome or the Rogers Centre (as it's now called) only holds just under 70k for these events, and I don't think that big enough for McMahon anymore.

Mind you Toronto always sells out any major WWE events that come here, so I don't think you would have a problem selling out any future ones. With our close proximity to the US it's never been an issue.

I wish they'd do it Wembley just once. If they start it at 9pm local time, it would be 3pm on the East coast of the States and noon on the West. If the NFL can pull it off, so can WWE.

A few other venues I'd like to see just because they're local are Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, and Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.

I wish they'd do it Wembley just once. If they start it at 9pm local time, it would be 3pm on the East coast of the States and noon on the West. If the NFL can pull it off, so can WWE.

A few other venues I'd like to see just because they're local are Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, and Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.

I live in London, and whilst I like the concept of a Wembley Wrestlemania, two things hold it back.

Firstly the muppets who designed the stadium included the worst retractable roof ever - it only covers half the pitch (field); WM29 was a big risk for WWE, and it remains to be seen if they attempt it again, but the London and New York weather patterns are similar at that time of year.

Secondly, and more crucially, I believe Wembley has a covenant, a concession to local dwellers, that events can't run past a certain finish time. A 4hr WM starting at 9pm would finish at 1am, which would breach this rule. There may of course be ways of getting around it on a one-off basis, but it would be potentially problematic.

I think WWE has options after WM32 in Dallas, and don't think WWE wont have its biggest stage ever for WM32 just so they can have less tickets to sell, if WWE had a smaller stage for some of these they could pack in another 20k people.

But anyway, instead of WWE picking the huge football stadiums, they could go with baseball stadiums instead which most max out at 45,000 indoors and outdoors. With the field they could get the crowd up to around 60,000 at most. Which is far easier to sellout than 75,000+.

And they have some very nice stadiums they could go to. Like Miami Marlins, the Brewers ballpark, Dodger Stadium, Ballpark in Arizona plus many other nice indoor places.

And last but not least, if WM went international they could sellout around 100k if they wanted. UK would sellout in a day, and in VC BC it might be a quick sellout. So WWE has options. And maybe going international would work, because then they following year they could come back here and have the extra fans wanting to be at WM again.

Sadly i think Canada will be as far as they take WM. If they did ever go out of North America the place to host WM has to be the UK . We Have Wembley which can hold over 90k , Or even better for the likes or WM use the Olympic Park and stadium

But like said before they will do stadiums as long as they can then if they feel it slipping go back to arenas then back to stadiums if they start selling out quickly again

I think it's a possibility that one day they'll down size. Never say never. That's not a knock at them it's just how many more stadiums do they think they could make it to, that's within the North America time zones and that will be weather friendly. Of course some new ones could be built a long the way and be ready on time for what ever city gets it (e.g the possibility of Viking Stadium for 33?) but like the H.O.F they could be running out of venues. I don't mind them coming back to the same venue/city but do it after 10 yrs. Of course there's still other venues they have yet to go to as well Soilder Field in Chicago, Philly, L.A, Boston. I understand most of those venues aren't weather friendly but those cities are Wrestlemania friendly so what happens with them? Go back to the arenas should they come back? or tough it out, like the Metlife Mania?

I'm surprised Canada hasn't got a Mania in a long time especially since our dollar is much lower. They would probably be saving money, should they decide to come up. Wembley would be great. I was all for that idea as it's only a 5 -8 hr time difference from the North American market and on a Sunday where I am I'll be able to watch the event at 2pm or 3 pm here. Hell if I was out west I'd be all for watching it in the late morning. But I just realized, after a dude, a few posts up, said the weather wouldn't not be on their side. I forgot about that.

Well plus Toronto could host in any weather because Skydome or the Rogers Centre (as we are now being forced to call it), has a fully retractable roof. So the weather could be at the freezing mark, snowing or raining, and everyone inside would be warm and dry.

Added bonus is that time of year is the off season and hotels, flights would be cheaper for those coming in from out of town.

Being a UK fan it'd be a cool deal to see them bring Mania to Wembley, the Olympic Stadium, Old Trafford or any of the other football stadiums around the UK. The other thing I've always thought WWE could do is to slightly postpone their post-Mania tour of the UK and hold Extreme Rules over here. It's a card stacked with gimmick matches so it would be an easy sell and its not as if it would be a huge loss to the US PPV schedule.

If time difference is an issue then I still think WM can be held outside the Americas as long fans in the US and Canada can watch the event live at a reasonable time. I mean we have football games showing at the noon (or a little after noon) time anyways.

So yeah the UK is actually feasible since the UK is ahead by only 4 hours (East Coast) and 7 hours (west coast). A 7:30 PM Start Time in the UK will still mean fans in the US and Canada have to up at 12 PM at the earliest.

So not bad, I mean imagine everyone not living in the US or Canada that has to stay up or watch in super early hours when watching live telecast like the Super Bowl, Oscars, and Wrestlemania :p

As much as I would love to see a 'Mania held at Wembley I doubt we will see it. There has been promises made to local residents that events won't run past a certain time, there's the issue with the retractable roof and would they really miss out on the U.K tour that comes weeks after 'Mania.

At this point, cities bid to host wrestlemania. The demand is there. They sell out immediately with the fans who know about it and later with the casuals. It's become a huge event.

I think WWE also purposefully releases tickets later at times to keep scalpers from grabbing say, 12 at a time and then reselling. It's smart.

They don't need to downsize. They shouldn't downsize. 50k+ IMO for the next 10 years at least. They won't go outside of North America due to the majority of their audience residing in North America.

I think in this day and age, they do have to downsize a bit. It's obvious that unless they get a sudden rush of fans who forgot to buy tickets this Mania isn't going to sell out. There are still thousands of tickets available, I also checked Ebay and a lot of the tickets there aren't selling either.

Even though the card is still being finalized for this Mania, we pretty much know who is going to be doing what. Just the fact that there are still tickets available shows that this card might not be the greatest.

Next year they will be at a stadium that holds 100k and unless they come up with something spectacular, that won't sell out either. The WWE are better off going back to places that will sell, and stadiums that aren't over the top attendance wise. It's nice to say that you've booked Cowboy Stadium, but if you can't sell it out there is little point being there.

one slow year and they have to downsize stadiums? A bit of an overreaction I'd say. There's plenty of stadiums being built and plenty of stadiums and cities they haven't visited available for wrestlemanias for at least another decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back