WrestleMania Rewind #9: The Undertaker vs. Triple H at X-Seven

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Click here for rewind #8 Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior at VI
-------------------------------------------------
Because we are about to see it for the 2nd time, let's have a look at the 1st match 10 years ago..
My WrestleMania Rewind # 9 is..
The Undertaker vs. Triple H from WrestleMania X-Seven

Promo
[YOUTUBE]EXmItxUs-_Q&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Match
[YOUTUBE]oeh2-1UG__o[/YOUTUBE]
-------------------------------------------------
[YOUTUBE]ecPn9JcgTgw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The Questions I would like to ask about the match are:

1. Was the feud going into the match good?
  2. Was the match entertaining?
  3. Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)
  4. Was there any good spots?
  5. How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?
  6. Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

Triple H V. Undertaker was, in my opinion, one of the most underrated WrestleMania matches in history. Overshadowed by a main event of Rock V. Austin, a show stealing match in Angle V. Benoit, a great TLC match, and a wonderful undercard such as Jericho V. Regal, Triple H V. Undertaker is a very easily forgotten match, despite the fact it's one of the best in the history of the streak.

The feud going in was decent. I remember Kane holding Stephanie over a balcony while Undertaker pressured then-Commissioner William Regal to make the matches he wanted.

The match itself: VERY physical. It became an unofficial Street Fight when the referee was knocked out (for like 20 minutes lol), and I ended up thinking these two really just wanted to beat the living shit out of each other. Great physicality, great psychology. The fight went all around the Astrodome, with the high spot being Undertaker chokeslamming HHH off of a camera tower. The crowd was into it, and it sucked me from start to finish. Despite the fact that the referee was out of the match for so long, I thought it was a great match! I'm eagerly awaiting to see if the two can top it this year in their No Holds Barred match.

1. Yes, I would say it is. It wasn't surrounded by a particularly original storyline, but Taker told HHH that he would "Make him famous". You could just feel that these men wanted to beat the hell out of each-other.

2. One of the best matches of the night at one of the greatest PPV's of all-time, now that's saying something. If there match at Wrestlemania 27 is half this good, I will be very happy.

3. I thought the story-telling was very well done, with the referee getting knocked out and Taker and HHH taking the fight into the crowd, basically turning it into a Street fight. Loved it.

4. Taker Chokeslamming HHH off that scaffold, then doing an Elbow drop was cool. Taker going for the last ride, But HHH grabbing the sledgehammer and cracking it over his skull was great as well.

5. The Crowd as very hot through-out the entire match. Never seemed to be too quiet.

6. Just the right amount of time If you ask me. Maybe could of gone a couple minutes longer, but the match may have started to drag if it did.

Was the feud going into the match good? Heck yeah for sure this when hhh said he defeat everyone but yet never beaten taker, triple h was on the rise here

Was the match entertaining?yes looks of great spots and became a no dq match out of nowhere

Was there good story-telling? (Psychology) yes it was look at number 1

Was there any good spots?yes number one again def

How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?
Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)The Crowd was alive and really into it the match was enough time served and the ppl wasnt disappointed

1.Was the feud going into the match good?
I loved it. It was a very good feud (from what I can remember). It didn't make the best sense (with the restraining order stuff) in the world but it was still a very good feud. Although, I like it when Taker gets challenged instead of being the challenger.

2.Was the match entertaining?
It was a very good brawl. I wished they just made it no DQ, but still the match was fun.

3.Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)
HHH was brilliant in the match. He just came so close to sneaking out a victory and he played his role perfectly.

4.Was there any good spots?
The going through the crowd, I think there was a good sledge hammer spot and the part where HHH was thrown onto a giant piece of foam (I still thought it was real then, so when I saw that it was foam, I was confused).

5.How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?
The crowd (like most other matches that night) was awesome. They were popping for everything.

6.Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)
The only thing that was too long was the ref staying down for like ten minutes. It never made sense to me when I was little because, I was like wait, shouldn't someone help him?

Also I wished motorhead didn't sing HHH to the ring. They didn't sound good. I like the song, but they just didn't sound very good.

1. Was the feud going into the match good?

Yes. This was one of the matches that I was looking forward to the most at WrestleMania 17. Not just because I am, was, and have always been an Undertaker fan boy, however, it seemed like these two really hated each other. I especially like the promos from this feud. For all of you people out there that say 'Taker sucks on the mic, see this feud. He was brilliant on the mic and so was HHH. One of my favorite quotes from everything that 'Taker has said over the years was when he said to Kane, who was holding Stephanie over the balcony, "Kane, send Stephanie down here". That was great.

2. Was the match entertaining?

This match was one of the best matches at WrestleMania 17, which is, in my opinion, the greatest WrestleMania of all time. It is also one of the greatest matches on the list of Undertaker's 'Mania matches. My list goes 1. Michaels WM 25, 2. Michaels WM 26, 3. HHH WM 17, 4. Orton WM 21, and 5. Flair WM 18.

3. Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)

Great psychology. It was meant to look as if these guys hated each other and during the match, it showed and it showed great.

4. Was there any good spots?

'Taker choke-slamming HHH from the cam tower was great. You could obviously tell that there was padding down, but it still looked great on the camera. I, also, really liked the sledgehammer to the face.

5. How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?

I thought the crowd was amazing throughout this entire match. Hell, that crowd was electric throughout that whole 'Mania. That's one of the things that makes that 'Mania the greatest ever. They never seemed to get overwhelmed like they have in previous 'Manias. I mean, look at 'Mania 25. After 'Taker vs Michaels, the crowd was f'n dead.

6. Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

I've never really cared about the length of that match. I thought it was perfect. They gave it enough time, IMO. I mean, they fought in the crowd for what seemed like forever, then they got back in the ring and had, what seemed like, an average long normal match. It was great.

This is definitely one of the most underrated matches in 'Mania history. At any other PPV, this would be viewed as one of the greatest matches in history. If Undertaker and HHH can even mirror what they did in this match which was some 10 years ago, I will be a very happy 'Taker fan.

1.Was the feud going into the match good?
The promo tells you all about it, it was jsut great, Takers and HHH mis skills came to a big test and they both did not let down..

2.Was the match entertaining?
I found it to be quite interesting, an underrated wrestlemania match IMO..

3.Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)
I would say yes, these 2 really hated each other and wanted to take each other out, forget standard rules match, they went and fought the majority of the match in the crowd.. Sometimes I keep thinking this was a 'No DQ' match..

4.Was there any good spots?
I would have to say the chokeslam when they were in the crowd, although it looked like he landed on a bed..lol

5.How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?
The crowd were not just hot for this match, but the whole night..

6.Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)
They fought the match at a good speed, it was like they spent an hour in the crowd and then back in the ring, just like a normal match, alsthough the sledgehammer came into play.. The length was oryt..

that match's build up was great! HHH(who imo is the greatest heel of all time) got alot of heat going into that match and he was the perfect guy to go against the bad ass undertaker. It did get overshadowed by the Austin vs Rock match and Austins heel turn but i still thought it was awesome...its HHH's best wrestlemania match imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back