-------------------------------------------------
Match
[YOUTUBE]Q5pNkrK5k78[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]69Czb7vagzc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]G4eG1rCNNnY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The Questions I would like to ask about the match are:

1. Was the feud going into the match good?
  2. Was the match entertaining?
  3. Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)
  4. Was there any good spots?
  5. How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?
  6. Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

Reactions: MJS
I really enjoyed this match. Even though almost everyone had a great idea that Undertaker would win, there was still that whole "legend killer" gimmick and "youngest world champion ever" that made you step back and think maybe this guy could beat Undertaker and he truly is the next biggest thing in the WWE. The match itself wasn't awe-inspiring but it wasn't bad at all. The story was there and Randy is just such a great heel. This match just made sense.

This was the first match that actually saw a realistic end of the streak coming; I saw this match after it happened and knew who won and while watching it thought that Taker may actually could lose. Good match IMO.

I watched this match not too long ago as I went back and watched WM21..

It wasn't a bad match by any means, its just.. Orton doesn't use his full potential.

He chooses to lull us to sleep with 20 minute headlocks, when if Orton wanted.. he could be so athletic and just move around so fluidly in the ring. Orton needs to give us a competitive back and forth battle... not.. *punch*.. owwie it hurts.. im falling down to one knee... *punch*.. ooo im down to both knees... *punch* oww I'm John Cena now and laying on my back for the next 30 seconds cause I got hit in the forehead like 3 times...

seriously... I HATE OVER SELLING... especially when the match just started.

Sorry went way off subject, but talking about any match in general will get me to rant about that.

1. Was the feud going into the match good? Oh of course, this is the Undertaker after all, anytime going into mania, the feud is always good and they played this perfectly what with Orton being the Legend Killer and all, perfect fit!
2. Was the match entertaining? To be honest could of been better but was a solid 8/10 from both men!
3. Was there good story-telling? (Psychology) I thought this was done well with the fact even Bob Orton came down with the cast to try and help his son.
4. Was there any good spots? The cast lol and something what ive done myself with a mate of mine Chokeslam into an RKO, insanely great spot!!!
5. How was the crowds reaction throughout this match? Great overall i thought!
6. Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.) Perfect for me, got everything it needed!!

[*]Was the feud going into the match good?

From what I remember it was played out very well, everything seemed to click well with Orton and Taker. It was a nice way to turn Orton back into a heel and it was also a great way for his legend Killer gimmick to really play a prominent role as there was no bigger legend than taker in the wwe at the time. I remember there being some good promos cut between both Orton and taker, the feud was so good it carried out throughout the rest of the year.

[*]Was the match entertaining?

I was entertained, it may not have be the time of match people will remember 10 years from now but it was really solid. One of the better matches on the card and it was the match that took Orton and his character to a whole new level. I would say it was even Orton's best Wrestlemania match so far. It was a nice pace and there were times where it look as if Orton might pull out a win.

[*]Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)

From what I remember I think the story telling was there for sure. Its been awhile since I watched it and I don't have the time to watch it now but from what I recall I believe the story-telling was there.

[*]Was there any good spots?

Oh man when Orton turned the chokeslam into and RKO I literally flew out of my seat and screaming MY GOD HES WON IT! Of course he didn't but that was just so cool and its probably the the one moment in the match I remember so vividly.

[*]How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?

The crowd was pretty fair, they could have been a bit more invested into the match but all in all I think the crowd was fair.

[*]Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

The match was a good length,it was about 15 min? I think thats a good time to showcase and put on a good match and they did just that. Sure they could of added more time to make it better or they could of added more spots but I really don't think that would of mattered because they left it all in that ring that night. Taker managed to bring out the best in Orton and in my humble opinion that match is rather underrated. A solid outing for both participants.

This is probably the only time randy orton has shined at wrestlemania, all his other wrestlemania matches are very forgettable and whatever.. This is when people actually started paying attention to the streak and when i saw his match i though orton was gonna win, if the steak was ever gonna end it should of ended here

The Questions I would like to ask about the match are:

1. Was the feud going into the match good? Yes. I loved how this developed. I was totally wondering just who Randy Orton would kill the legend of during that time and figured the only person left would be the Undertaker. The inclusion of Cowboy Bob Orton was also a nice little addition and gave more heat or Randy now that daddy was helping him out. I also think this was the last WM where Undertaker still looked like a big menacing force instead of the more slender big man he is now.

The feud after this match was really where everything was awesome. Besides Shawn Michaels, if there was anybody I had wished fought Undertaker two years in a row it would be Orton. Having the Hell In A Cell match they had at Armageddon be at WM would be unforgettable.

2. Was the match entertaining? Somewhat. I think this match started Orton's big run of countering opponents into the RKO. But other than the ending it wasn't terribly impressive. Still, people came to see Taker do his classic moves which we got virtually all of. Plus Orton didn't look like a total buffoon after losing. In fact, this match brought forth one of my most favorite feuds of all time.

3. Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)

It was certainly there. If Orton would been given more of an opportunity to dominate the Undertaker with Taker continuously kicking out of pins, it would have added more to Orton's character since he was the Legend Killer and was running out of ideas to put Taker away. But nonetheless the storytelling was for the most part there. I just wish there was a little more coming from Orton's half.

4. Was there any good spots?

Absolutely. The chokeslam counter to the RKO was amazing. I thought for sure Orton had it. Obviously he didn't and it led to Orton getting countered into a Tombstone Piledriver which no matter how many times I see it still looks hella cool.

5. How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?

Pretty good. They were invested in the match no doubt. The Randy Sucks chants they did were nice and loud so you could tell they were into it. But it wasn't too hot. Then again it was about as loud as people can get in a less than 20,000 seat arena like the Staples Center.

6. Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

I think it was just right. It's never about the amount of time you're given, but what you give in the amount of time. There could have been more done within the amount of time they had, but more time definitely would have not helped with the match.

Yeah I thought the match itself wasnt fantastic. Orton wasnt as his best and Cowboy Bob Orton really pissed me off. With that being said this was the first time in a long time where I thought Undertaker is going to lose, the streak is over. Which is fantastic in an Undertaker match. You really never feel that anymore and the whole Legend Killer thing really felt great. I thought it was one of the better lead ups to an Undertaker Wrestlemania match because of that sense of doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back