• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleMania MainEvent end in DQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Prophet

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Since my first thread about DQ,alot of people have been adding to it.Different threads but really just the same as my first.This thread is what it reads.

The MainEvent of Mania,the match has been back and forth,both men have done everything,hit signatures,finishers and if its a heel done something dirty.But still knowone can tell who is going to win,the crowd is one their feet people are screaming.Everyone is watching their eyes stuck on the action,the people at home are on the edge of their couch.

Then after 30 minutes of incredable action,BAM,the match ends in DQ.A low blow or and shot with a title.Or countout.

Just think what about Shawn Michaels vs Taker at Mania last year and when HBK went to the top rope taker pushed the ref into them and shawn fell on his nuts and the ref DQ him.

What would that have do to the match.Would it still be the match we think of it or something less.

Or Hogan vs Andre at Mania,instead of the Hogan body slam it's Ted Di,with the chair shot to save Andre.Or Andre getting mad at the ref cause he thinks he won and punchs the ref.

Would the match still be great or would it be less.

I think the main event of Wrestlemania should never end in a DQ.

The main event of 'Mania is usually meant as the be-all, end-all to a feud. It is where the opponents have come to stage their final battle, where everything is at stake. Plus, the fans have become emotionally invested in the feud, expecting an epic encounter and the payoff to an incredible rivalry...which normally has been raging for months.

You have a match end in DQ, you pretty much throw away all of the above.

I agree with Hank Hell. They should most definately not end in a DQ. In my opinion they should only be used to move a fued to another PPV without any of the competitors in there losing any momentum. Wrestlemania should be the PPV that should end most fueds. Its also where people show off how good off a competitor they are and how there fued has been raging for months and this is the great climax it deserves. If a DQ occurs then you haven't got the great fued ender people expect for a wrestlemania main event and the fans would feel cheated.

A Wrestlemania main event ending in a DQ would ruin it. Fans need a cool moment to go home with, even if it means the guy they like better loses cleanly. DQ's are a good way for heels to get some heel heat from frustrated fans, but NOT at Wrestlemania. Absolutely not. It would be too anticlimactic. A Wrestlemania card could full of great matches, but if the main event ends in a DQ then everyone is left feeling "Huh? That's IT!?" and go home feeling less satisfied. Wrestlemania is the one time of the year that the main event should NEVER end in a DQ because it is the most important show of the year and it needs a great ending, whether a face or heel is victorious in the end.

Yeah I feel every single post here has got it spot on so far. A DQ end to the Wretslemania Main Event could relay just fuck every thing up. It would fuck the feud up, and heck it could even ruin the poor dudes career. Wrestlemania is the be all/end all of wrestling, it is were wrestlers become more than mid carders, where main eventers become legends and when dreams come true. It would be discomfiting for it to end in such a hideous way.

Through, if it were a storyline involving a GM and the heel got disqualified, and face wrongly disqualified, then the general manager could come out and put a twist on the story by ordering the match to re start. Then of course the face would win. I doubt that could happen but maybe for storyline purposes.

A main event disqualification at Wrestlemania? Are you shitting me? This would never EVER happen. At Wrestlemania , the biggest show of the year, the fans need to go home happy, and no one is going to leave happy after a disqualification in the main event.

So much time gets invested into Wrestlemania storyline-wise, and so much emotioned is put forth by the fans for these matches to end in such a way for them. End a match in a DQ and Wrestlemania and where's the pay off in that?

Didnt Hogan vs Sid end in a DQ? Although that may not have been the Main Event, I dont know, I wasnt there.

There was a time in which they'd have probably got away with it, ala the Hogan vs Sid situation, a time when all people cared about was seeing the face win the match, whether that was by DQ or a clean win didnt matter. As long as the face got his arm raised.

These days they'd never get away with it, the fans shit all over DQ finishes at a weekly TV show because they think they deserve better, they dont really, but you know, smart fans and all that. Anyway, if it happened at WrestleMania there'd be a fucking riot.

WrestleMania 15 Main Event - Austin vs Rock - Austin hit's The Rock with a Stunner, goes for the cover but Vince McMahon climbs into the ring, the ref throws the match out. Yeah, that wouldnt go down very well at all.

I think that this is one of the worst ideas ever. If the ideas you suggested occur, Wrestlemania doesn't have its biggest moment, as well as Taker ends his Mania Streak losing by DQ? Really?

If Taker ever loses that streak, someone is going to pin him. He is not going to get DQ'd, especially not by grabbing the ref.

Wrestlemania is meant for closure, and is almost like a showcase for all the stars to show that they belong. And the main event is always for a title. Fans go to Wrestlemania to either see the champion reign supreme, or the up and coming challenger prove themselves. Regardless, they want to see a well fought match, and a clear ending. A DQ is the worst idea for a 'Mania main event. You would outrage every fan in attendance and everyone who bought the event. Not good for business

DQs are the cheapest, most meaningless ends to matches. They spit in the face of fans who paid to see a wrestling match. So no, WM main events should never end in a DQ, although I wouldn't be surprised if they did in the near future.

Didnt Hogan vs Sid end in a DQ? Although that may not have been the Main Event, I dont know, I wasnt there.

Yes it did, one Wrestlemania ME ended in a DQ. Why? Because it resulted in the return of The Ultimate Warrior. While I'll agree with all you guys about it ruining the ME, I think the one way that it could happen is the way it did happen when there was an amazing return that sent the crowd home happy.

What if Cena was the champ, and was wrestling, lets say...Kofi Kingston. I know, thats way out there, but what if Cena got so fed up about several near falls, and DQ'd himself, instantly turning him heel. He snaps, starts beating the holy crap out of Kofi, when all of a sudden...."If you smelllllll.....hits, The Rock comes out, clears house, and ends standing in the ring with Kofi. It accomplishes 3 things: Cena is heel, Rock returned, and Kofi is over like never before. As long as the whole ppv was done well, I would be ok with that. If the ppv is shit, then Kofi would have to win to send the fans home happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back