• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania experiences

Batman234

Dark Match Jobber
Hey guys! the point of this thread is what was your wrestlemania experience? like was there a lot of traffic, did you have a good time? bad seats? stories? tips/advice? post your experinces in this thread! Also especially what advice you would give to anyone going to wrestlemania their first time? Also if anyone has any questions on wrestlemania like where to get tickets, post here so someone can answer your questions on this thread :)

i'll start :) I would like some answers to these questions I have.
so I want to go to wrestlemania 31 but I don't know which seats to get, do you guys know where it is better to view wrestling at wrestlemania 31?(I don't want front row seats, (im in the 100 dollar range) but I would like to know if there are some seats to avoid off or the best seats in that price range.) Also where do you guys suggest getting the tickets and by what time would it be best to get them?

Went to WrestleMania X-8. Got a hotel nearby the Skydome. It was like a block away I think which was perfect. The line didn't take that long. Lot's of excitement. People joking around.

I got bad seats. I was waaaay up. First time at skydome so I didn't know I would be so high up and the ring was tiny. I regret not getting closer seats. Next time I will be much closer. I warn everyone now, seeing wrestling that far back sucks. I ended up watching most of the matches on the titantron.

I had a much better time in smaller arenas as you could actually see the wrestlers from pretty much any seat you got.

I was entertained. Hogan Vs Rock was INSANE. The whole arena was shaking. Match started out 50/50 chants, but once Hogan pushed Rock over it was 100% Hogan for the rest of the match. Rock got BOOOOO'D out of the building. It was back and forth BOOO....YAAAHHH...BOOO....YAAAH. EPIC. Won't forget it.

Glad I got to see Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, Undertaker, HHH, Jericho, Kurt Angle, Kane all the same card along with RVD, Edge, Booker T, Christian, Dudleys, Hardys, Trish, Lita..... So I got my money's worth for sure. Great roster back then. I didn't care about Hall/Nash as I never watched WCW but I guess in retrospect it was cool to see them.

Truly an underrated WrestleMania.

EDIT: I forgot to mention both Saliva and Drowning Pool were both there and performed a song each. I am a fan of both bands and it was cool to see them live.

I attended WrestleMania 29 in MetLife Stadium and it was one of the best experiences of my life. The atmosphere and electricity of a stadium-sized WrestleMania is something that just can't be matched. For me the best moment was seeing The Undertaker's entrance live at WrestleMania (and in retrospect, as a huge Undertaker fan, I'm beyond grateful that I was there for the final successful defense of The Streak), a close second being CM Punk's entrance sung live by Living Colour. A lot of people didn't like WrestleMania 29 but personally I feel it was one of the best of the 20's Mania's, behind 20, 24, and 26, but better than 21, 22, 23, 25, 27, or 28. I sat across from the stage on the first level above the field, off the top of my head I think it was Section 126, and had an awesome view of everything. I'd recommend going for the first or second level off the field, try to stay away from third level, but just being there will be an amazing experience no matter what.

I attended Mania 28 - the once in a lifetime Rock versus Cena - which turned out, of course, to be a load of crap. It was a weird night. I left my house with about 2 hours to spare, thinking it would take me that long to get there. In reality, it took me 15 minutes. Fortunately I had plenty of time, because the line to get into the stadium was long, and then the ushers literally had me walk the entire stadium FOUR times before I lucked out and found my seat myself.

By the time I got seated, I was dehydrated and my sugar levels were super low (I'm diabetic), so I had to go load up on sugar and snacks. I'm a fat dude - was even fatter then, and unfortunately, a fat guy and his girlfriend sat next to me. The seats were all tied together (I was on the floor close to the ring) so I couldn't slide away from them, which sucked not only because two fatties should never sit next to one another, but also because he and his girlfriend fought the whole damned time.

In addition to that, I discovered that night I had vertigo, as I kept almost fainting everytime I looked up at the big monitor. Why would I keep looking at the monitor if I had such great seats you ask? Because people are morons. Here is my advice to you:

1) Leave with plenty of time to get to the arena and be sure to consider the time it takes to stand in line, park, find your seat, grab a drink, go to the restroom early if you need to - stuff like that.

2) f you have inner ear issues like I do - bring some sort of ear plugs. It gets loud and you'll have a difficult time when the crowd goes apeshit everytime something happens.

3) Don't sit next to another fatty.

4) Purchase the headphone things so you can hear the commentators - makes it way better. You can buy them from a vendor.

5) If you sit on the floor and close to the ring, prepare to be pissed off. Unless you are ring side, morons will stand in front of you the entire show. This is because the people in front of them are standing, so from row 3 on back, everyone is standing or - worse - standing on chairs. You are almost better off not sitting on the floor, as you will be watching the action on the big screen.

6) Aside from the medical issue I had because apparently I am an old fat man or something, it was awesome and something I suggest everyone do at least once.

Finally, one thing I would like to say - everyone always says Daniel Bryan got over because of the Shaemus match and being squashed so quickly. Those YES chants began the moment we got to the arena, as I was standing in line - way before the match ever happened. Bryan was super over and it had nothing to do with the match. Ric Flair WOOs were also chanted loudly, and when Roc and Cena came out, you couldn't hear it was so loud.

I went to WrestleMania 30. It was great! I parked like two blocks away from the Superdome and walked to save on parking.

My seat was good. I was in the 100s ($70). I got my tickets off StubHub. I'd suggest you get your tickets off StubHub. The closer it is to the event, the cheaper you'll get the tickets. I bought mine the weekend of WrestleMania.

I'd suggest you eat before the pay per view, arena food prices are high. I don't know how close the restaurants are in SF to Levi's Stadium but in NO, all the local restaurants close to the arena was full of people and one restaurant told me if I stayed, I'd have to wait an hour to be seated. Go the bathroom before hand, the bathroom lines are long.

Don't come the start of the first match. Arrive early in time to see the pre-show match. It's pretty exciting, get your money's worth.

A truly fantastic time of year for the wrestling fan, I would suggest that the majority of fans that attend WM (especially if not from the local area) always try and attend another one.

I myself live in England, and have been lucky enough to attend the last 8 editions, starting at WM23 in Detroit. As the whole trip costs a fair bit for me, I tend to get cheaper tickets, I think the most expensive I've bought were around $125 for WM25 in Houston. But generally I'm happy with the seats. The only thing I would advise is to try and not sit in a corner, purely as Levi Stadium is open air - the worst seats I had were for WM28 in Miami, where my brother and I got seats in the corner to the left of the entrance ramp, but to hold up the canopy over the ring, WWE put up four huge 'palm trees' which obscured about a third of the ring, meaning we watched quite a bit in the screens. (Particularly awkward during Hell in a Cell, which obscured the ring even more!)

Even high up you can get good seats - at WMs 24, 27 and 29 I was almost directly looking down on the ring, high up but cheap, and still a decent view in my opinion (but of course you may feel differently, that's fine)

The other thing is, embrace the week. Do an Axxess session. Definitely do Raw if you've got time, as it's usually one of the best of the year (gutted to say due to other commitments I won't be able to attend the SAP Center next March) and perhaps the Hall of Fame. Ultimately the atmosphere is somewhat of a carnival, which is a big reason I treat it as my main holiday each year, hence WM31 will hopefully be my 9th.

Who knows? You may luck out and bump into wrestlers elsewhere - in Phoenix a number of them were eating in Hooters; this year most of the roster drank on Bourbon Street - we actually spent an hour talking to the incredibly gracious Santino. Don't expect it, but keep your eyes peeled...

One final thing: your banner doesn't say your location. IF you are an international fan, like me, you will have to use the Will Call facility, collecting at the stadium. Given the location of Levi Stadium, this means the line for collection on the day will be huge. The only two matches I've missed in 8 years are the pre-show matches at 26 and 28, both venues that are in the middle of nowhere. So if you collect, make sure you leave yourself plenty of time.

Enjoy Wrestlemania

I'm in Australia and I plan on going to "Mania 31. After years and years of waiting I can finally afford the trip. I'm about to head to bed as it's 11:30pm but I'll be up at 2am for the pre-sale on ticketmaster. I don't know if it'll work or what seats I can get, but I'm aiming for the $250 sort opposite the camera (fingers crossed!!!)

I'll have a look at accomodation but I'm hoping I can find someone that would want to share, in order to save some money.

I'm just hoping that it all works out and I can get my ticket either soon, or in the next few days whenever the tickets go on sale for the general public.

I went to WrestleMania 28 at Miami. I came from South America so thankfully it was just 4 hour flight to get there. I had some family there so i didnt have to worry for accomodation. That said it was also helpful to have someone to get you there. That stadium was in the middle of nowhere. We left 2 hours before the even and got there an hour before. I thought it would taken longer to actually get in but i got the correct gate pretty quickly and I was on my seat within 20 minutes.

The spectacle starts pretty much since you get to the parking lot. You see people with t shirts, people screaming wnd chanting, but the best parts are the people who bring their replica belts. You cant help but ask to take a picture with them and the belts.

As far as food goes, someone already said to eat and go to the bathroom before. That person is RIGHT. The lines are long, and the food is very expensive. But at least get a soda. All that screaming and shouting will kill your vocal chords. Dont get food it will get on the way when you want to stand up when something big happens! And if you want to buy shirtys or belts and whatnot buy them as soon as you can they really do run out.

I had great sits. Opposite the camera on section 112. Thats about raw 15 but its elevated so you are higher than people on ringside so you can be sitting down and not miss anything. Thankfully i had no issues with the palm tress since i was directly in front of the ring.

That place went bananas for daniel bryan ALL NIGHT LONG. It was YES YES YES all around. Also a fun part is sitting next to soooo many fans from all over the world. Behind me there were some new yorkers, in front some guys from Minneapolis next to us some scottish fans and to our left there was a japanese couple. Truly amazing experience

We screamed and chanted all match long for the End of an Era Hell in a Cell match. We were tired by the time Jericho and Punk came out but we got loud again towards the last 10 minutes of that match. WWE gave us a break and threw Brodus Clay before the once in a lifetime main event so we could catch a break.

I lost my voice around...., jericho vs punk but that didnt stop me from chanting and screaming my ass off for Rock Cena I..... Like I said get something to drink youll need it.

Watching WM live is one of the thing EVERY wrestling or WWE fan has to do in their lifetime

I went to WrestleMania 29 in MetLife as I live in the New York area. It was one of the best experiences of my life. Definitely do the whole week. Access, Hall of Fame, Mania, and RAW. That's my one big regret from that weekend, not going to RAW. But Mania was great itself. I had something to do that day, so I didn't get to leave as early as I would have liked. But I went and got dropped off, so I didn't have to deal with parking. I'm not sure about the other lines, but I got in to the stadium going through the Superstore, which took some time to get in to. I ended up missing the pre-show match and half of the opener with The Shield, but when I finally got to my seat it wasn't so bad. I was way up in the 300's. Not a horrible view, but I guess the upper deck views vary with the stadium. Since it is an outdoor show, stay away from the corners like someone else already said. I had one of the big beams in my cutting off part of the corner of the ring. Other than that, great experience. It was awesome to see The Undertaker and CM Punk, and while I would have rather done some other booking, seeing Rock vs. Cena was still Rock vs. Cena, so that was pretty cool.

Just watch the food and drinks. I sprinted to the bathroom at the end of the Triple H-Lesnar match because I really had to pee, and I was waiting for the three count to go. But that's just me.

I've been to 10 total WrestleMania events. I was at 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, and 30. The last 8 I attended were all in stadiums. With each WrestleMania I kinda learned from the previous event's blunders. 20 and 22 I enjoyed a lot since it was in arenas (NYC's Madison Square Garden and the Chicago's All State Arena) and I was sitting in the 100s, so I had a great view of the ring and the entrance way and stage. WrestleMania 23 in Detroit's Ford Field, I tried to get the 100s, but I had Riser 100. I always get the 100s, and didn't realize there was 100s and Riser 100s. The Riser 100s are much closer to the ring, but since you are in a stadium, I was pretty much sitting on the floor. Which at first doesn't sound bad. But I sat camera side, entrance to my right with my brother, and whenever someone held up a sign or stood up, we saw nothing. About 80% of that WM we had to watch on the big screen -_-. We sat in the upper deck the following year in Orlando for 24. The view was great since we could see everything, but my brother and I only stayed for HOF and Mania. When we watched RAW the night after and saw the Ric Flair tribute, we regretted not staying the extra night. We went to Axxess at WM 25, and there we saw first hand how that can turn into a mess, so we learned to buy tickets to multiple Axxess sessions. That way you can spend time at 1 of them buying merchandise, 1 of them visiting stuff like Taker's graveyard, etc. 1 of them just to go around trying to meet wrestlers. Ever since WM 23's experience, I've always sat in the 100s and even the 200s and the view has always been great. It's always cool seeing the entire stage, the fireworks. But you do have to remember that since it is a stadium, you will still be far from the ring. I am always scared to sit on the floor due to WM23's experience. To make sure I see everything that weekend, I now fly to the city Mania is in on the Thursday before Mania. I spend the Thursday kinda sightseeing. Then Friday and Saturday is Axxess. Saturday night I go to the HOF. Sunday is WresteMania. Monday I sight see and then go to RAW. Then Tuesday I fly back home to NYC. I also try to map out where RAW/HOF, WM, and Axxess will be. If all three are relatively close, then I book a hotel in an area that is walking distance to all. If they are far, I book my hotel closer to where RAW/HOF will be. For WM24 I had to pay like $30 for parking, and had to park in a field that was like a 20 minute walk to the arena. I usually try to line up about 40 minutes before the door opens, but the last few years there has been stuff to see outside the arena, so that passed the time pretty fast. Food lines will be long. Merchandise lines too. Thats why I try to get all my merchandise bought at Axxess. Last year it was bad at the Superdome since I entered from a side close to the Smoothie King Center, but the hallways were really really narrow. So people waiting on line to get food was blocking the flow of people walking, so I literally got stuck in one area for like 20 minutes. People were freaking out. In terms of seating, I like sitting camera side, with the entrance to my right, or the side with the camera with the entrance to my left. Also, be careful with your view. I was dead center for WM28 in Miami, but my cousin and uncle had a corner side seat, so half the ring was blocked by one of those Palm Trees that was part of the ring set. I also make sure I use the bathroom as soon as I get to the arena. I never get up during the show since I don't want to miss anything. I can't wait to fly to WM31. Hope you enjoy the show!

I went to X-7 in Houston. My friends and I actually drove straight to Houston from DFW after work and arrived about an hour before it started. 300 section tickets but it was a nice, unobstructed view on the side of the announce tables. Great Wrestlemania, then we got
back in the car and drove back to Ft. Worth for Raw the next night.

Finally got back this year for 30, luckily enough I went with a large group of friends. Only four of us went to 'Mania, the rest were there to party on Bourbon Street. We were able to rent a nice house in Uptown with a pretty clear shot to the Superdome either by car or streetcar. If you're traveling with a group anywhere for any reason, it's always a good idea to check out rental homes and apartments. For a 5 bedroom house, it came out to around $175 per person for a 5-day stay. We had no real issues getting food or drink, plus having a house with a full kitchen meant we could make our own food and store leftovers. Wait times were reasonable for the crowds. Getting into the Superdome SUCKED, there were bottlenecks everywhere. We had to wait another 10 minutes once we got into the concourse because they ran out of wristbands for floor ticket holders.

We had 20th row seats, basically the last row of floor seats which was perfect as we had the whole row (4 seats) to ourselves. It was the FLOOR B section. Lines for snacks and merch were pretty ridiculous but I expected as much and bought my program and a shirt the day before outside of the Superdome from the big truck. Awesome experience.

We didn't do Axxess or HOF but we did make it to ROH Supercard of Honor on Friday and the post-Mania Raw.

I purchased the VIP package for 31. It was expensive but honestly, it's a good value. Ringside seats for Mania with the collectible chair, ringside seats for Raw, 100 level seats for HOF, two VIP axxess sessions, hotel, dining gift card and transportation passes. Flight was the only thing it didn't cover. By the way, I recommend flying into San Francisco if you can arrange travel to San Jose (about 30/40 minutes) because the prices to fly directly into SJ were much higher than flying into SFO.

I'm really looking forward to the ringside experience. I had a taste of the second row at Hell in a Cell last month and had a blast. I'll be going alone this time and don't have any people in the bay area, so if anyone wants to meet up or knows a resource for traveling Mania fans, let me know!

Oh and another no-brainer bit of advice: ALWAYS go to the post-Mania Raw!

thanks guys! so at the end of the day I should try and get tickets in the section 100's? those cost what 50-150 dollars?

thanks guys! so at the end of the day I should try and get tickets in the section 100's? those cost what 50-150 dollars?

Yeah but they're expensive right now. It's like 200+ on Stubhub and Ticketmaster.

$150 could get you 200s on Ticketmaster which isn't a a bad deal.

Damn, could not get the tickets I wanted will just wait when they are cheaper at stubhub. Wait do they get more expensive the closer to the event in stubhub or cheaper?

I would love to attend a Wrestlemania, Haven't yet but still hoping for that UK Wrestlemania that we hear so many rumours about over the years.

I would love to attend a Wrestlemania, Haven't yet but still hoping for that UK Wrestlemania that we hear so many rumours about over the years.

Same here. I'd love to attend a WrestleMania, and it is a big goal of mine to be there one day but Im not willing to pay for flights to the US, accomodation etc on top of the ticket prices. I will do it at some point though.

However, a UK based WrestleMania would be awesome, WWE would easily sell out Wembley Stadium, as there are so many UK wrestling fans who have been dreaming of a local WrestleMania for years- it's always surprised me that we haven't had any other "BIG" PPVs since the SummerSlam when Bulldog won the IC title- which was a huge success.

Come on Vince, you took the Network off us, give us a WrestleMania, or at least a SummerSlam or Royal Rumble!

Same here. I'd love to attend a WrestleMania, and it is a big goal of mine to be there one day but Im not willing to pay for flights to the US, accomodation etc on top of the ticket prices. I will do it at some point though.

However, a UK based WrestleMania would be awesome, WWE would easily sell out Wembley Stadium, as there are so many UK wrestling fans who have been dreaming of a local WrestleMania for years- it's always surprised me that we haven't had any other "BIG" PPVs since the SummerSlam when Bulldog won the IC title- which was a huge success.

Come on Vince, you took the Network off us, give us a WrestleMania, or at least a SummerSlam or Royal Rumble!

Same with me just don't have the money for the flights and accomodation.
I definently think we deserve it here in the UK, 30 plus years of Wrestlemanias solely in the US and Canada I think the UK is long overdue, The only big major PPV here ever was summerslam 1992 nearly 23 years ago which ended up something like the 2nd or 3rd highest attendance record in WWE history, I think theres enough fans here for another record sell out attendance I don't know why they seem to keep dissmissing their UK fans so often when it comes to major events.

My first and only Wrestlemania was 19. I had just started watching in 2002 and I was hooked. I live in Oregon and Mania was taking place in Safeco Field so I jumped at the chance. Got there about an hour and a half early, found my seat and got a Chris Benoit shirt who was my favorite at the time. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing and people were on their feet all night.

I agree that 19 could have been booked better as all of us were completely spent by the time Lesnar vs Angle rolled around. It was literally Triple H vs Booker T, Hogan vs Vince, Stone Cold vs Rock, and Angle vs Lesnar all in a row with nothing even close to a break between. I kept needing to go the bathroom but as soon as a match ended the graphic showed up saying the next match was about to begin. Everyone only woke up again after Lesnar botched the shooting star lol.

Overall a tremendous experience and while some may or may not agree about Wrestlemania 19 being the greatest, it is in my mind and my personal favorite.

I agree that 19 could have been booked better as all of us were completely spent by the time Lesnar vs Angle rolled around. It was literally Triple H vs Booker T, Hogan vs Vince, Stone Cold vs Rock, and Angle vs Lesnar all in a row with nothing even close to a break between. I kept needing to go the bathroom but as soon as a match ended the graphic showed up saying the next match was about to begin. Everyone only woke up again after Lesnar botched the shooting star lol.

I have to disagree. I think WrestleMania 19 is the best WrestleMania of all time, and a big part of that is because the show was booked correctly, with all the main events at the end, the way it should be. The only thing I would have changed is switched the order of those four so that it was Hogan/McMahon, Rock/Austin III, Triple H/Booker T, and Angle/Lesnar.

My dad took me to Wrestlemania 24 when I was really young, I'm talking like, young enough to not know that wrestling isn't real. So it was really an awesome experience for me personally, him too because he was a huuuuuge Flair fan growing up. Some people were saying how at Wrestlemania 28 and probably 30 there were a lot of "YES" chants going around, well at this one, the "WOOOOO's" were legitimately non-stop. Especially during that Flair match, oh man oh man.

Just know you should probably bring a lot of pocket money with you (not too much cause you don't wanna get mugged or something & lose it all, that'd blow) but you're gonna have to pay for parking, if you want food, merch, ect. If I were you, i'd personally eat a big dinner before you go there, because I don't believe in wasting 9 dollars for a mediocre cheeseburger and 4 dollars on a Coke, (7 dollars for Bud Light too).

There's obviously going to be a lot of people there, so it's gonna be loud, but everyone is gonna be super cool. You can almost go by yourself and i guarantee you'd make a friend there. I would do research on the stadium if you haven't been there for a 9er's game yet, because if they take forever to let people in for whatever reason, you might be waiting outside for a while. I'd get there early, but that's your call. People are so right about the seating, listen to them and spend that extra money. But all in all, it's something I would love to do again if I saved up money for it, and i'd take my dad. Rumor has it that it's coming back to Orlando in a few years, and i live 2 1/2 hours away from there, so yeah. Anyway, stay safe and have fun buddy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back