Wrestlemania Boycott Launched! Once Means Once!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4 IWC member who boycott it will be out weighed by the million or so who want to see a Hollywood mega star and the best wrestler in the world today fight each other. This is pathetic.

What really grates is the fact that you have made a petition to change the direction of a wrestling match. It's people like you that make people look down on wrestling fans. No other fans of a TV show would start a petition when the plot took a direction they didn't like, which is exactly what this situation is.

Really? You really believe "No boycott" will work? What if a million people say they will boycott, it still wont work? Wrestlemania usually gets around a million buys, so they would be gambling with the PPV buy figures if they didn't listen to a million people. and now you'll say well a million people wont sign and join the boycott. The only reason this boycott wont get a million people signing and joining is if they don't hear about! Because i am 100% sure of this, if right now every single WWE fan in the world, which is tens of millions of people, were asked whether or not they want to see Cena v Rock again as Wrestlemania main event, im certain the majority would say NO! And of this majority of the tens of millions of WWE fans worldwide who say no, how many would be willing to take 5 seconds to sign a petition on it? again im certain a majority would. which would mean much more than a million signatures! and then WWE would have to take notice as any sensible business who depends on their customers money does. So lets stop being so negative and pessimistic, just take 5 seconds and sign the petition and lets spread the word on this and get the numbers up and see what happens!

sure. right after we make contact with an intelligent alien race.

I don't like the match but I dont like the OP reason for not liking the match but I will be watching Wrestlemania regardless so fuck of

What I'm getting from this is that Attitude Era fanboy #1 (in the OP) is upset that WWE wants to put its top guy over the biggest draw the industry has today because it would be "disrespectful" for some reason. Damn them for trying to establish their top guy as one of the best ever! Curses!

He also seems to not understand that CM Punk and just about half the roster (including HHH at the 2008 Hall of Fame ceremony where he got somewhat jeered by the live crowd) have called The Rock "Dwayne" because, well gee whiz, he wanted to be called Dwayne Johnson and distance himself from the character of The Rock. Cena was taking a shot at him ditching wrestling, Punk used it because he wanted to draw heat and most others do it tounge-in-cheek.

It also strikes me that he believes the IWC is going to rage against this multi-million dollar corporation that will no doubt pull in fans from across eras and generations to watch their premiere event of the year in front of a record breaking crowd. Yeah, good luck with that. Oh, and of course Tasty is right; it's goofballs like you who give the vast majority of wrestling fans a bad reputation.

Stop talking bullshit, please.

Technically, this match is also "Once In A Lifetime". This will most definitely be the only time we see Cena & Rock fight for the WWE Championship. 47 signatures on a petition to boycott what is quite obviously going to be the biggest Pay Per View in WWE History would make Vince McMahon die laughing.

Technically, this match is also "Once In A Lifetime". This will most definitely be the only time we see Cena & Rock fight for the WWE Championship.

Agreed, and it highlights the biggest aspect of Cena vs. Rock II: the title implications. Last year, there were none and that itself seemed unusual, given that many Cena-haters complain that he "always" has the title.....even though those folks have been quieted a bit by Punk's 1-year+ reign.

But, on the biggest stage in pro wrestling, you want the two guys at the top of the list to square off against each other. In this case, it's the top guy in today's wrestling world opposing the top legend from yesterday's wrestling world.

Rock vs. Punk?....what for? By WM, Rock will have defeated Punk twice.
Rock vs. Brock?....they travel in different circles. Even more, that would be two legends fighting it out, which does nothing for today's product. Last year, they upset the applecart by having the old-timer win. This year, youth might be served.
Rock vs. Undertaker?....I can't see that being a very interesting match-up; plus Undertaker almost qualifies as a legend himself, rather than as a representative of today's product.

Cena vs. Rock has the revenge factor....it's for the world title....and it's logical. Sure, you figure Cena will win, but WWE will inject a lot of mystery into the proceedings in the next two months: it won't simply be a case of the event going down as you figure it will. Personally, I'm excited about how they do it.

Yes, if you detest Cena, you're never going to see these points, but I'd buy WM29 for this match alone.

Nothing in wrestling is ACTUALLY "Once in a Lifetime." Ric Flair has retired and returned. So have other superstars over the years. Recently, Punk vowed to leave WWE, yet he returned a few weeks after. Did you boycott Punk for not continuing to follow through with his decision to leave?

Don't be all butthurt.

Good God you're an idiot. It's fans like you that give the rest of us logical thinking fans a bad name. Do I care to see this match again? No I don't but Undertaker alone is enough to get me to buy Wrestlemania 29. That and Team Hell No will be good to watch too. If we get Sheamus vs Orton for the WHC as rumored then I'd like to see it. Rock vs Cena 2 isn't my reason for buying the ppv, all the other great matches are. Also, JR is sure to be on the announce team and that's always a treat. Stop bitching, take your petition with all 48 of your signatures, roll it up, turn that sumbitch sideways, and stick it straight up your candy ass! I'll laugh so hard if they swerve us and let the Rock retain. I doubt they will but you never know. What if they do and you find out via spoiler? :lmao:

I respect you opinion I really do. To tell you the truth I am not to happy to see a Rock/Cena rematch. The thing is we got a Taker/HBK rematch at Mania 26, and we got Taker/HHH for the third time last year and there was not that big of an uproar. Each of those matches told a different story than the matches previous, and we got something new each time. All of the matches were MOTY or at least up there. If indeed Cena and Rock do wrestle again I am sure we will get a different take on it even if the winner is predictable, and lets be real How many matches these days aren't predictable in the outcome? There will be other matches on the card that I will be excited about even if I am not excited about Rock/Cena again, and it is early yet so maybe they will throw us a curve ball. In the end though it is a business and whether we like it or not this match is going to make money for WWE. I respect the fact that you don't want to see the match, but as a fan why not just sit back and see where this all goes.

The quality of the match in this case is irrelevant! Its the result thats the problem, Cena is certain to win, and seeing the joint-biggest star of Attitude Era be beaten by the PG era's symbol John Cena would be a disgrace! Along with all the other reasons i've mentioned in the first post above. We must try to stop this disgrace from happening! So join the boycott!

The quality of the match is irrelevant? Then why the hell do you watch wrestling?

You've made it obvious that you're butt hurt about Cena but do you realize how ridiculous it is that a guy who hasn't wrestled for a decade is beating the two biggest stars in the company? That's like Dan Marino coming back to the NFL and winning MVP. Cena NEEDS to win. Not for him, but for the state of wrestling as a whole. I don't consider myself a Cena fan by any means but it's not like he can't put on a good match. Rock/Cena last year was a good match and theres no reason they can't do it again. They're going to tell a good in ring story and if you can't get excited about that then I suggest giving up on pro-wrestling.

If i'm honest, it's not really the WM main event I want to see again but I'm not going to cry and moan about it. The guy who I wanted as champion in 2011 got the belt for the ENTIRE YEAR of 2012, I don't have room to complain really. I do think the main event has been pretty predictable as of late but in no way is that a reason to boycott something. Wrestlemania last year drew 1.3 million buys and last monday 5 million tuned into Raw, these are insane numbers that can't be ignored. It's clear that this is a program that get's people interested.

Your "boycott", emphasis on -boy- because that's what you're acting like, means nothing. The Rock vs John Cena broke PPV records last year so it's pretty foolish to say it's not worth trying again. So get off your little high horse, shine your little petition, turn that piece of shit sideways and stick it up your stuck up candy ass. Your boycott is shit.

So The Rock passing the torch to John Cena on the Grandest Stage of all is a disgrace? You Attitude only Marks need to get over yourselves. You know why I am BUYING Wrestlemania 29? Because Im a Wrestling Fan not some loser cynic like you who thinks boycotting will change anything. The Rock DRAWS,John Cena DRAWs,nuff said.

This match will be even bigger than the first. This match is 2 years in the making. This match will end with The Rock handing the WWE title over to Cena.

People should really enjoy this match. The Rock isnt going to be doing this forever. Hes 40yrs old now and hes not the type to go out there half the wrestler he used to be.

The funny thing about these select few in this thread that said they would boycott wrestlemania, I guarantee you they end up buying the ppv even after all this crying. I'm a huge Rock fan but the fact of the matter is Cena deserves a win over him and this match is for the title so technically it's still once in a lifetime. To all the people complaining, get over it.

NO, NO, NO!!! LOL No I will not boycott. I'm so tired of people getting so ********* about this being a "re-matchamania" I understand last year was called "once in a life time" Fair enough, but the one difference here is this match will be for the title. Last year Cena and Rock killed it in their match. Amazing work by both performers, I'm sure they'll both perform well again if not maybe better. Yes it's a re-match, but we've always had re-matches at mania. See Austin/Rock, Taker/ Michaels, Taker/HHH, and I don't remember anyone complaining. Hell some of you want to see Cena/Orton again, but at a Mania.

I'm a long time WWE fan. I understand the product has some flaws but something as miniscule as this will not stop me from watching, like what the poster above me said some of you will probably still watch it. Yeah you act like Mr Get bad and say you'll boycott it when really you'll probably just really watch it, have your apple juice, poop, then go to bed. lol

My only beef with this event is that it should not be in Metlife Stadium this year, it should be next year for the milestone. Vince can still break the attendance record after a Superbowl. But that's for another thread. :)

This once in a lifetime.This time its for the WWE Title.I am not the biggest fan of Rock vs Cena II but it doesn't bother me to the extent of boycotting Wrestlemania.You know it as well.Whatever might the main event be,you're gonna buy it.Only rematch bothering me will be Brock vs HHH II.

I'm sorry but it won't work. I agree that this totally suck that WM 29 is gonna be " rematches of 2012 " but nothing you will do will have any impact. It's one of the biggest company, 100 000 persons is nothing for them because millions and millions of people will still buy it

Their first match was mediocre at best and I have zero interest in seeing the rematch but no one is going to boycott the show because of it.

LOL what a pathetic thread. Cena vs Rock at the time was 'Once in a Lifetime'!!! It was a simple tag line to hype it up! This match has come together 'organically'.

Rock vs Cena II is money. Buy rates for Wrestlemania 29 will beat buy rates for Wrestlemania 28. I know this FACT butt hurts the '10% ers' but the casual fans, fans from the past and those that dont come onto Wrestling forums will be all over this match!!!!

:lmao:

Ignorance is bliss.

The slogan was "Once in a Lifetime" The Rock versus John Cena, but on this occasion the stakes are higher because the WWE Championship is on the line. The slogan was hyperbole, it was used to market the event and the match, in every sport the same exaggerated slogans are used in-order to hype an event - if you see somewhere say, "once" chances are It'll happen again some time down the road.

Whether you dislike it or not, they'll probably still break the WrestleMania buyrate record two years running because this appeals to a lot more audiences than the IWC who make up a small percentage of the overall wrestling audience. A serious attempt at "boycotting" a scripted form of live performance is hilarious though. Good luck with it, stand outside Met Life with picket signs, I'll be watching two of the biggest draws in history compete for the WWE Championship in the main event.

I went to see the Eagles on their 'farewell' tour in 2008 I think. I saw them again in 2011 on a new tour. Slogans such as once in a lifetime mean nothing, it's designed to sell tickets and ppv buys

Our Twitter account was mysteriously blocked twice for several weeks with NO explanation - we suspect WWE or Cena fanboys trying to report us/stop us. But after a lot of appealing to Twitter our account has been restored and we are BACK to lead the boycott of Wrestlemania 29! Join us! No to Cena V Rock 2!! No to Cena beating Rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back