• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleMania 27 - The Corre vs. Big Show, Kane, Santino and Koslov (Eight Man Tag)

Obvious here. Fun match, with the Corre being thrown all over the place, a few monster power showdowns with Kane and Show Vs Zeke, and the Corre going over in the end. It pays zero benefit to have Show and the Showsters win.

As soon as Wade Barrett won the IC title, I wrote this in as a loss for The Corre. It's Wrestlemania, a time to pile on the face victories (especially if they want a win for Del Rio or Miz.) All the belts help keep the Corre strong even with a loss.

This frustrates me that the IC title and the tag titles are thrown into a 8-Man
tag match, and not being defended in matches at Wrestlemania. In my opinion, at Wrestlemania, every single title should be on the line. It really should be where creative gets on the ball and puts together some good booking for each title.

Random. Who did Kofi upset backstage? Santino has not been in a Wrestlemania match yet (no, winning the 25 divas disaster from 2009 does not count) and this could get interesting. Seeing all four of the faces doing Santino’s trumpet motions was very strange. Kane, of all people, did it. I don’t care for the Corre. They all suck other than Barrett. Well, Wendy Slater could be good if they redid his character a little. Gabriel and Jackson I don’t care for that much though. The Corre should have feuded with Nexus. That could have been more interesting, but Orton already killed that match before it could happen by punting all of the Nexus guys. The Corre could use a win to show their dominance. Also, why did Barrett get the Intercontinental title? Zeke should have gotten it. They already hold the tag team belts and Barrett is world title material. Anyway. I’ll give Corre the win because they need it. Santino will likely hit the Cobra due to it being very over for some odd reason, but come up short as he almost always does. If this were to be elimination rules it would be a lot easier to look forward to this match, so hopefully they will make that decision.

DAGGER’S PREDICTION:
The Corre will defeat Kane, Big Show, Santino, and Kozlov.

Should be a fun little match and I didn't get all the hate for Kane being in there as Kingston would have made less sense even though Barrett beat him for the title. Gabriel and Slater have been getting the better of Kozlov and Santino. They attacked Big Show and Kane a couple of weeks ago as well. I don't think The Corre losing will hurt their credibility because you can regain it just like that especially if you're in a stable. I have the faces winning.

Vinnie Mac threw this match in for a pop.
DID YOU SEE THE CROWD ON RAW?!
They went mental when:
1) Santino hit the Cobra
2) Big Show 'Superkicked' Barrett outside the ring
3) Kane playing the invisible trumpet!

It's funny. And that's all that I care about.

This should be a fun 6 minute match with a few comedy spots thrown in from the comedy genius Santino. I forsee a double cobra from the italian stallion and maybe the rest of his team will do it too. I have a feeling big Zeke is gonna look like a beast in this one. He'll probably get to slam Kane and then the Big Show in a good Wrestlemania moment.

I really hope this match and the JoMo/Ziggler/Fat Troll from Jersey match are on opposite ends of the card. I need at least two designated piss breaks.

I think that'll be the case, I'm going to guess one will start the show and one will be used to break up 2 on the ME matches, I'm guessing this will be the one to open the show, it'll prolly last about 5 mins. and then we'll be onto our next match, I'm thinking they're going to save the 6 person inter-species match for later in the night so that they can get in as many Snooki backstage segments as possible

I think this should be a good way to open the show, should make for some entertaining but forgettable wrestling, and Kane and Big Shows entrances usually get the crowd pretty fired up

Out of all the matches here at Wrestlemania, this is the one I couldn't give two shits about. This is a Smackdown Main Event match at best, nothing more. I totally expect this match to go on second after the opener. This match doesn't really interest me other than the fact that Santino and Kane on the same team would be hilarious. Imagine how over both Santino and the Cobra will be at Wrestlemania. This match is nothing more than a fun match to fill in a bit of time. The Corre's momentum is running high with the recent winning of the Intercontinental Championship by Wade Barrett, so a win for them would make perfect sense. However, this match's purpose is soley to put on a fun match, nothing more. So faces win here.

Hamler's Prediction- Santino/Koslove and Big Show/Kane

This match could quite easily be left off the card. Santino, Kozlov, Slater, Jackson & Gabriel are really just making up the numbers. It should either have been a straight Barrett vs. Big Show match or Show/Kane vs. Barrett/Zeke. The Corre are a nothing group, that was established when they didn't try to feud with The New Nexus.

Again, the newer faces should win. But there will probably be a safe victory for Show & Kane.

3 titles.. Kozlov/Santino have been fueding with Slater/Gabriel a lot over the year and have swapped titles a few times, that makes sense, Big Show has been feuding with Wade ever since Wade came to Smackdown.. Big Zeke getting his first Mania match, should be good for a big guy he is.. Kane? WTF is he doing here, yes he is a face now, but Wade nd his crew helped him bury his brother back in October and he was like the biggest heel at the time.. Doesn't make much sense, but hey at least he is on the card..

The good guys might lose, it will help Corre, but I see the goodies winning..

Could there be more to this match then one can expect ? It was announced that Kofi will be replacing koslov tonight due to the Corre attacking Koslov. So here is a golden chance to turn Kofi into a heel, what if he betrays his team is secretly in with the Corre. It would be a good angle as nobody would expect Kofi to turn heel, but truth is at the moment Kofi has hit the plateau as a face with nowhere to go. A heel turn would give him new opponents and new material to work with. I do not like Kofi, maybe with a little dark side he be more likable.

Total joke waste of time when entrance time takes longer than a match at WM you really are fucked! why oh why did the faces win? there was really no need, it's not like this was a great build up like it sent the crowd happy. Why does the WWE never give factions atleast a little bit of momentum anymore? every chance they get to progress they throw it away. And the Bryan V Sheamus could have replaced this shit!

Well, I was right. The match sucked, it wasn't funny, and WHY THE HELL DID THE FACES WIN? I don't care that it's mania. That was stupid. Corre better come out with vengeance.

This was disgusting. Not entertaining or fun. Just bad. Wade Barrett and Kane were two of the biggest heels three months ago and this is how WWE rewards them!? A 1 minute snoze squash match that is now going dow in history as the worst WM match of all time. Horrible just horrible. They both deserved more than this.

DAGGER’S PREDICTION:
The Corre will defeat Kane, Big Show, Santino, and Kozlov.

Alright, I got this one wrong. Big deal. That's not the problem. The problem is that we had a FOUR HOUR show and this match got 1:37. That's ridiculous. Why even HAVE the match if it's going to be so short? It could have been an ok match had it lasted longer but I was very disappointed in how short it was. It started, I checked my phone to answer a text message, and it was over. Seriously, WWE? The show had a lot of problems, but that had to have been one of the bigger ones because when you advertise a match, people expect to see A MATCH, not a one minute squash. The awful backstage segment with Snoop could have been cut to give this match some more time.

I thought this match could have some potential and even though it went for like 2 minutes I was content.Santinos weird flying kick at the start had me laughing and I liked Slater selling of the KO punch.But it shouldve gone longer.

This match made me think if this is the end of the Corre. It won't happen but if you are trying to make a stable look strong, you don't book them to lose after less than two minutes.

Fuck this.
Every time we have a big tag team match, the faces end up burying the young and talented heels, the members of the youth movement.

Don't believe me? History will prove it.

600th episode of Smackdown - John Morrison, Randy Orton, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, R-Truth, and Edge vs Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Kane, Sheamus, CM Punk, and Wade Barrett
WM 27 - The Corre vs Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella, and Kofi Kingston
Raw 4/3/11 - Cody Rhodes and CM Punk vs Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio

Orininally posted by JerryLawlerMark
Fuck this.
Every time we have a big tag team match, the faces end up burying the young and talented heels, the members of the youth movement.

Did you really expect the heels to win. There was no way they were going to go over the behomoths in Big Red Show. You make it sound like ths is unbelieveable but it is good for these guys to even make Mania. Last year Sheamus lost to Triple H and nobody complained about him getting buried. You say it yourself the faces always win, so you expected it to happen, so I don't see why you seem all so shocked in the result.

Don't believe me? History will prove it.

600th episode of Smackdown - John Morrison, Randy Orton, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, R-Truth, and Edge vs Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Kane, Sheamus, CM Punk, and Wade Barrett
WM 27 - The Corre vs Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella, and Kofi Kingston
Raw 4/3/11 - Cody Rhodes and CM Punk vs Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio

I'm sorry but there are the matches where the heels go over. You can't take random matche from the past and say this is how it always is. The goal of the bigger matches is for the new stars to get matches against big stars. If every new star were to beat someone like Triple H in every attempt they got then we would have tons of Main Eventers that randomly rose to the top. The young need to pay their dues not let everything come easy. That is why you should not be complaining because these big matches make them look like they have that shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back