Wouldn't raw be better off with a good opening?

2BIGSHOWSIN1BED

Dark Match Jobber
ok here it is i don't like the raw opening at all... the opening has it's fans and haters and im one of them, so i have found an opening that would be much better for the show

exhibit a
old raw opening
[YOUTUBE]UXHwNnu58aQ&[/YOUTUBE]

exhibit b
a custom made opening
[YOUTUBE]F7NCNzUW6Nw[/YOUTUBE]

which opening do you like better?

Well since the custom one is ripped from the attitude era, it's hardly "the new one" it's just a mix of the Across The Nations and PPV vignettes and character profiles used during the attitude era and beyond, the theme is better, but production wise, yours sucks. :)

Personally i liked Thorn in Your Eye and All Together Now Mix from the end of the New Generation/Start of the Attitude Era.

That Union Underground song sucks and I never want to see it back. With that said, the current song is horrible aswell. I don't see them going back to the Papa Roach song which while performed by a band I dislike was atleast a decent intro song, so the best we can hope for is they find something else next year. And for the love of God smackdown, please lose the green day bs. I mute the show every time it comes on.

Well as Headman said I cant fucking stand SMACKDOWNS GreenDay Track.... I mean it really gets on my tits. The song is almost a Justin Bieber Level of music.

Then again Ive not liked any of the Raw Smackdown Intro songs since Papa Roach...although that song was "to be loved" which isnt really Badass.

As far as the intro Video's go I dont see a problem with them. The smackdown one has some cool animation in it and its just a shame about the song.
And the Raw Intro video isnt half bad it is just a shame that it has The Rock in it although he doesnt even work for the company... and for some reason Cena gets about 3X as much content in the mini video than anyone else...(but he is a big draw the #1 money maker Blah Blah Blah Fuck you!)

P.S. the Custom Video you shown sucks major balls...its also likely to induce epileptic fits.

I like the 2nd one for the fact it's shorter by a full second.

I DVR past the intro videos, so all they really are are filler slots to most of the audience, they could do without a true intro, the best RAW's have been when they go straight into the action like when they open up with an in progress match or brawl, I hate filler time and I hate watching the proper intros.

The first video accomplishes the same exact goal as the 2nd video, it just has a different song and different wrestlers... I actually don't see a large difference in them besides the era and song.

I think the nostalgia bump outdoes the difference, so you'll get more positive feedback on the custom one.

the songs for both for raw and smackdown suck ass. especially the smacvkdown song by green day. it´s so lame. they should have a bad ass song for their shows. maybe just one for both shows.

#3 kind of embodies the IWC's opinion of the current era.

Little kids cheering for Cena for 30% of the video, at least it coincides with the actual show's content.

I still think the music makes a bigger difference then the actual content of the intro, Mute #2 and play 1 at the same time, and do the same for the other. The difference is negligible.

#4 and 5 work similar, except #5 is shorter than 4

OMGG PMSL 2BIGSHOWSIN1BED the kids one i really wasn't expecting it

Let The Bodies Hit The Floor- Drowning Pool Raw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMJwI1GyclI

Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68vqkwL2Olc

"I Made It" by Kevin Rudolf Superstars ( WM 26 Theme )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O49m1qPUHY

take no notice of the videos but these are the themes i reckon each show should have

Just a quick one didnt RAW used to Change there Theme every October during there New season type thing.

"To be loved" = worst opening music ever!

"All together now" remix = best RAW background music

Enough words

Totally agree with joel /\

I'm SO glad everyone else agrees that the Smackdown intro music is the worst theme ever used for a WWE intro. I genuinely believe that. It's like a kiddies Nikelodeon program, for christ sake! It honestly makes my skin crawl. I have to, without fail, fast forward it.

Selby

The reason WWE use Green Day and Nickleback in their openings is because Green Day and Nickleback are recognized, once you hear a song of theirs you know its them, Billy Joe Armstrong and Chad Kroeger have distinctive voices. WWE using bands with recognizable brand names is called, "smart business", they don't care if you like or hate the song.

And they probably won't revert to using unknown bands. Due to the way in-which WWE promote themselves these days, I wouldn't be shocked if they were to change either intro in the future to a song by bands like Foo Fighters, RHCP's or Linkin Park. The more easily distinguished the more chance there will be of WWE using their songs to open their shows every single week - it becomes known with their brand after all.

I actually like "To be loved bu then" again I am a huge fan of more unknown artist.

Honestly even though I agree with Dragon Saga I really do not see how the opening of the show would affect the quality in anyway. Hell raw could open up with the pee wee show theme song and I would still watch. When I was younger I used to just change the channelwhen the opening played no matter which song played because I just wanted to get to the damn show already.

Totally agree with joel /\

I'm SO glad everyone else agrees that the Smackdown intro music is the worst theme ever used for a WWE intro. I genuinely believe that. It's like a kiddies Nikelodeon program, for christ sake! It honestly makes my skin crawl. I have to, without fail, fast forward it.

Selby

Really? It bugs you that much? If you listen to the song there's nothing to it that suggests kiddie programming. I mean compare it to something like this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXqMzmFSX_4

Now tell me that the Greenday song is exactly like it :rolleyes:

As for the videos, the custom one might be good if DX were actually still around but they're not. WWE has probably one of the best video production teams in the world. Their video compilations are second to none and they apply that to their show's openings. The current videos depict the current talent and feel of the show which is what it should do. The reason the Attitude Era's openings looked more edgy and had the sex appeal is because that was what the product was about at the time.

As for the songs, first off, they'll never go back to any of those songs unless they do an "Old School" night again. WWE never goes backwards, they will move forward to something current and popular. They used to use some lesser-known bands for their stuff because it came cheap and served it's purpose. But now, if you haven't noticed, WWE has tried to go mainstream in a big way. Why do you think they had the Celeb GM's or guest stars? Why do you think Vince fought hard to get The Rock back? Why do you think guys like John Cena and The Miz do talk shows? It's all to get the WWE brand burned into your brain. The songs they use are songs that you might hear on the radio or at a hockey game and the hope is that when you hear "Burn It To The Ground", the first thought in your mind is going to be WWE Raw. That's why they do it....Like Vince McMahon would say in character he does whats "Good for business."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back