Would You Rather Watch The Super Bowl Or A World Cup Final?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I figured this would be conversation, considering the number of international posters we have here...

On one hand, you have the ultimate championship game, for the ultimate American sport. The final showdown of a grueling season, pitting the two best teams against each other.

The World Cup Final is the same, but it's the two best teams in the world, vying for the most internationally known title of any sport.

Football is exciting for it's physicality, hardnose play, and drama. Soccer is known for great athletic ability, international greats, and exhaustive effort.

Both sports always have their best on display for each event, and both are very well hyped, and get the best coverage on TV and radio...

World Cup and getting punched in the face. Well almost. But when it comes to sporting events, there is one that I watch despite not caring about, and that is the World Cup. I do not watch either football (NFL) or Football (Soccer) typically, but the World Cup has the most excitement for me. I will watch the Super Bowl when it comes on, but I will make a point of watching the World Cup, maybe having some guys over, and making an event of it. The fact that the World Cup only happens once ever four years adds to the excitement.

Im an American so no doubt about it Id rather watch the Super Bowl. For one Soccer bores me, no disrespect to that sport or those athletes obviously it must be a great sport because its the biggest worldwide but I never got into it. I find it strange how overall most Americans dont enjoy watching it but throughout the rest of the globe everybody loves it. I really dont know why that is but that seems to be a case. Another reason is even if I did like Soccer, U.S. isnt very good at it so that makes me want to watch it less. I know that may make me less of a sports fan for being like that but thats the truth. If the U.S. was in the final I would definitely tune into it but outside of that I dont think Id watch it unless nothing else is on. Where as the Super Bowl is a must watch for me no matter who's in it. I havent missed one since the mid 80s when I was really too young to understand it.

World Cup Final.

I don't watch sports other than the international football tournaments (Euro Cup, World Cup) so when these two tournaments do come along I have to watch them. I guess it depends on what culture you were brought up in. My father and family members grew up in Iran where soccer was the major sport, so I grew up with it here in the United States as well. The World Cup is something else, I don't know how to explain it other than it's a very emotional experience. It is a bittersweet journey, because at one moment you are screaming at the top of your lungs when your team scores, and yet can be pushed to the brink of tears when you know your team is gone. I don't know why it has such a powerful effect on billions, but it does. It unifies the world for a month and just brings a lot of people together. So yes, I would definitely rather watch the World Cup Final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back