• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you like to see Jim Ross back on commentary?

Would you like to see Jim Ross back on commentary?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would definitely like to see Jim Ross come back to the announcing team, and so would all the Cole haters on here. That doesn't mean it will happen. The torch has to be passed eventually and it got passed to Cole whether we like it or not. JR can't announce forever. However I would be very happy if he did come back, for the simple fact that if he calls a match and Cena punches his opponent then JR would talk about how the feud has been developing or what's going on in the match. A certain other announcer would respond to the exact same Cena punch by saying "Vintage John Cena!". Who's better? Obviously Ross. Unfortunately I don't think he's ever going to return to the announcing team. It was great to see him make the appearance on the oldschool Raw and hit Cole with his hat though.

Leave Cole where he is at and put JR in the GM spot. He doesn't have to go to every show and could fuel Cole more. Also it would explain why it was over the internet due to health. As said he could then insert himself as guest commentator on 'Mania or whatever needed an extra kick in build up. Also this could explain the old school wrestler sayings and neutral stance on wrestlers.

So what if JR did a good but not great commentary on one match? Still doesn't negate the fact that he was horrible his last few years. His emotion was gone, he seemed confused half the time, and he always forgot the names of wrestler's moves..

Really? Did you miss his call of HHH/Orton Last Man Standing at No Mercy 2007? That may have been his best call, ever. The raw emotion he brought to that match made that match so much better then it had any right to be. How about his call of Hardy/HHH/Edge at Armageddon 2008, when Hardy won the title? I can still remember some of the specific quotes from his commentary! Two years later, and I still remember. That speaks volumes in itself for his commentary.

JR was great in the 90's and early 2000's. His time is past now and if they bring him back full-time, the same mistakes he made will happen again. Cole was brilliant on commentary because he kept things interesting. The commentary was boring without Cole and that is why Cole is the voice of the WWE now. He and Santino are two of the most interesting characters in the WWE which they sorely need more of.

I agree on Michael Cole and Santino, but Ross is far superior to Cole in every way, right now. That's not Cole's fault, he's doing the job he's being told to do. But half of his time on commentary he's not calling the match, he's ripping the "face" wrestlers, which detracts from the matches. I'd prefer a half-assed Jim Ross call a match then Cole rip the wrestlers rather then call a match. Hell yes, Id love to see Jim Ross back on TV.

Really? Did you miss his call of HHH/Orton Last Man Standing at No Mercy 2007? That may have been his best call, ever. The raw emotion he brought to that match made that match so much better then it had any right to be. How about his call of Hardy/HHH/Edge at Armageddon 2008, when Hardy won the title? I can still remember some of the specific quotes from his commentary! Two years later, and I still remember. That speaks volumes in itself for his commentary.

Wow. You named only two matches. Ross may give you something good here and there but he has been mediocre for a while. Nothing against the guy, but he just doesn't have the same consistency like he used to.

I agree on Michael Cole and Santino, but Ross is far superior to Cole in every way, right now. That's not Cole's fault, he's doing the job he's being told to do. But half of his time on commentary he's not calling the match, he's ripping the "face" wrestlers, which detracts from the matches. I'd prefer a half-assed Jim Ross call a match then Cole rip the wrestlers rather then call a match. Hell yes, Id love to see Jim Ross back on TV.

Cole is doing the job he is told to do and he is doing it brilliantly. Cole is the best right now and that includes Jim Ross. I saw no emotion when he called the Bryan match. Cole carried that commentary all the way through and that's a fact.

Im in 2 minds over thisss. Yeh because JR is one of the best in the business past n present. He can call a match and get it over and get u involved. But then no, because if you listened to him in the times leading up to him leaving the announcers desk, u could see/hear it in his voice that his enthusiasm for the biz or the current state of it was dwindling. I see the exact same thing with the king who hasnt sounded like he gives a shit while annoucing for a long time now. And really who can blame them? They know "sports entertainment" has taken a nosedive.

what i always loved about JR is that he not only called the match, but he mentioned wrestling moves, not just made it about the story. i love "Good Ole JR" and would for sure love to see him back

At the Old School Raw when JR came out to guest announce, it was as if he was never away. He is the true voice of WWE. Michael Cole may be the current main announcer of the WWE but he only got there as JR was sick and now Cole thinks that he is better than JR. that will never happen. JR is an Icon and you can never replace him. LONG LIVE GOOD OLE JIM ROSS!!!!!!!!

Absolutely!

As JR came down to the ring on the Old School version of Raw a couple of weeks back, I realised how much I actually missed him. Now, I know that Jim Ross is not done with commentary full stop but I do feel that his appearance on Raw was a sort of goodbye to the WWE Universe.

That being said, I thought that his voice was damn soothing on a Raw program. For a decade, I have watched him welcome us all to the respective show(s) that he was working on and it has become customary to expect his voice on Raw or Smackdown. However, since he has left, I have tried to get on board with Michael Cole and the New School of commentary and wrestling. However, having JR return was a bad move for the WWE. It just showed how bad Michael Cole truly is and how much that the WWE misses him.

As I write this, CM Punk is now making his way to the ring and I could not be more excited. He ushers in a new style of commentary that Jim Ross would be proud of. I would love to see Jim Ross back in the hot-seat on Raw or Smackdown but CM Punk will suffice!

Really, I love JR but the thing is, his health is a big issue nowadays. The guy has problems with his body and it's no secret that it's in fact the traveling that helps make it work. He's given his health time and again to entertain the fans by simply commentating like crazy... give it a break people, the guy's got a life to move on with.

On a PPV here and their and for the big three hour shows at least, their is so many that would prefer to here JR's voice on Monday night rather the Cole. Although i have grown to like Cole's work a bit, he will never be JR by a long shot. I think with the positive response he got on old school Raw the WWE will be tempted to do this again and hopefully on a more regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back