Would this "The Punisher" gimmik work

logan_punisher

The-SLiM_Punisher
Now before you guys quickly answer this, and all this is not a punisher gimmik like the movie.. ill give how he debuts, and how to quickly gain heat big time and start rivalry.

Its cmpunk vs. daniel bryan at over the limt. cmpunk hit gts on bryan and he falls out of ring. some strange evil music hits. this guy walks out with leather robe with hood on its got white stripes down the back and the "The Punisher" letters are in green. he goes down to ring and dominates cmpunk slowly and destroys every body part. he leaves and bryan picks up win and gets title.

Next Night on raw, The punisher walks to rings grabs mic and says, " If you mess with the Punisher, You get Punished!" Cmpunks music hits and cmpunk hits pipe bomb and walks to ring for a fight. The Punisher dominates again and cmpunk gets npo hit in at all.

1. good debut?
2. good way to start rivalry?
3. How would you debut and start a rivalry for "The Punisher"?

First of all, I just want to say fantastic idea, especially the green letters. But I think the idea could be improved.

For example, instead strange evil music playing, it should be Hacksaw Jim Duggan's "HOOOOOO!", so Punk and Bryan expect someone else to come out and are totally surprised. Total swerve. Plus, Hacksaw is a Royal Rumble winner, so it's fairly believable he'd interfere in a main event PPV match.

Then the lights should flash yellow. Like the yellow lights from WWF Attitude and ECW Anarchy Rulz on the Playstation. I'm getting the feeling the Punisher is a yellow sort of character.

Then, the Punisher appears - in that awesome costume, the green letters should twinkle, like Jericho's jacket - and enters the ring.

Now, here's the make or break moment. The Punisher shouldn't slowly destroy body parts, that's not PG. Instead, the Punisher should distract the referee (let's hypothetically assume it will be Mike Chioda) with a card trick. With the referee concentrating on something else, the Punisher trips up both Punk and Bryan, and takes of their boots (this will be his special move) and clobbers them over the head, but with each others! (Massive heat by now)

When the ref recovers, Bryan has one arm draped over Punk, picking up the win and the start of an 18 month title reign.

The next night on Raw, Punk demands answers. He says he'll punish the Punisher. HOOOOOO! "No one can punish the Punisher!!" Custard then rains in the ring (yellow, remember). Punk, still barefoot from 24 hours ago, falls over.

Backstage, the Punisher is confronted by Linda McMahon, who gets a big boot in the face (huge heat).

John Laurinaits announces the main event for the evening, CM Punk and John Cena must face the Punisher and a mystery partner (mystery) in a steel cage match.

The faces are in the ring, when the lights go yellow, some strange music hits, and the Punisher appears with his partner PERRY SATURN.

This sets up a feud between Cena and Saturn and Punk and Punisher (who will go on to form a tweener tag team called the Punkishers) and the winner will face Triple H at Summerslam for the WWF Championship.

Bundy, I can't tell if your comment is because you were unaware that Andrew died a few years ago, or if you were using a play on words of sorts.

Diet Soda, i started off reading that the idea you were being serious with thinking it was a great idea, then just started laughing as it went on, well done sir haha.

As for the post itself. You give very little reasoning.

"Those who mess with the Punisher, get punished"? What exactly has CM Punk done to mess with the Punisher. Why should this character go over Punk in such a big way "gets no hits in at all".

A character using the idea of someone who punishes his opponents would have to be a physically dominating person. Not necessarily massive (Show or Khali), but imposing and strong (Lesnar, Ryback, etc)

For repackaging current superstars, there are not many that would fit. There are a few (Ziggler, Drew Mcintyre) who are need of a push and new personality to break them out of the slump creative has them in, however i do not see either as scarily imposing as they are now, who knows what hair cuts and the right clothes could do.

As for FCW call ups, why would you call someone up and put them over a top star. They are supposed to earn their stripes. If you debut a gimmick like this, have him come out and dominate a midcard star at most. More than likely keep it to low card for a while.

You have to explain why this guy is punishing people. Have him punish the heels to make him a massive face. Or punish the faces for being weak, for lying to the fans, or doing something that "The Punisher" sees as being in need of punishment. You cant use a "cross the punisher and get punished" if its someone new who noone knows, how did they get crossed?

Agree with the guy above, why would CM Punk be punished for something he hasn't done to The Punisher? Unless, someone big from Punk's past in the WWE is playing the character, I don't quite see it working out.

I like what you have come up with. It is kind of different and The Punisher could be the next type of Undertaker gimmick, and I am not saying he will be anything like him, I just see The Punisher guy as a dark character.

it would only work if they brought back andrew martin but we know that wont happen anytime soon

Dude, yeah, that seems very unlikely! Ah god! The guy was a hero!!

Not a huge fan of the plan there buddy!! I cant picture the guy, that might be the main problem! And why green??

I just dont think any new guys are going to be taking out punk anytime soon!! BUT if he took out R-truth or Kofi, i'd see that working!!

Maybe if the gimmick was used for a underused wrestler and maybe used in a different way, it can work, like :Thinks: Okay, say Zack Ryder (at least hear me out before bashing it from the start) is forced in a handicap match against Tensai and Lesnar (Why not?) for confronting Laurinaits and Eve about how they're running things and he gets wrecked before being told he's 'fired'.

Then after a month or two, they start running the "Punishment" promo's and Laurinatis is told that none of the promo guys are behind it, there are signs of his presance and those who are Laurinatis's lackeys (Say Miz or Ziggler for example) are being brutally ambushed by someone who reveals himself as Ryder, who's seeing how Laurinatis has been in control and has those against him taken out of the picture (Like HHH, Cena) and the board hasn't done anything to even get rid of him, he's gonna do the job himself from the inside out and make sure by the end, Laurinatis and those working for him are 'punished'.

Then again, just my idea, you can go all "Oh hell no" now.

for starters, i highly doubt vinnie mac wants to pay marvel and disney studios jus to use the name. but if they did, he would have to be a a.p.a. type of character. pretty much a for hire hitman. lets say bryan shells out the money saying he has an ace in the hole, then all of a sudden punk has an accident where he cant compete and cm punk jus has to hand over the title. bryan can brag about hiring someone who caused the "accident" and can give out his card to others who need things done. that also gives them time to find someone to play the role cause he hasnt been seen yet

Well any color, and i meant "If you mess with THE Punisher you get Punished " to be a message shown what he did cmpunk. then bam cmpunk comes confronts him and they battle. it needs to be someone we dont know..

The problem is you're not explaining why he's going after CM Punk. I can get that he's not supposed to be the comic books Punisher, but still why CM Punk and why is he helping Daniel Bryan? What's in it for him?

not sure who ya talking to so ill adress as if it were me. in my case he is going after punk jus because its a paying gig and bryan wants the title and will do anything to get the one up and victory. jus like the apa did but for a while u dont actually see him giving the company time to find the right person to portray him. and to get the name rights, they would have to pay marvel/disney jus like they did for a while with hogan to use the hulk name

hurr-durr-derp-face-walks-in-derps-walks-out.gif

A guy in leather robe dominates CM Punk slowly and destroys all his body parts... ahem ahem... what a fetish

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back