Would Sting coming to the WWE be that great?

jeffhardyfan22

Dark Match Jobber
I know most of you think Sting being in the WWE would be amazing. I admit it would be fun to see. But did he ruin what could have been a great thing by being involved with TNA first? Would that ruin the shock value and lessen the excitement of his debut?

If I were wrong Sting didn't want to join WWF after WCW was closed down because he didn't want to work for a company that would later use him as a jobber to younger talent. If Sting is joining WWE than that means Vince has plans for Sting in the WWE, even if they are short lived.

I think it would be 'that great'. Think of how many 'dream matches' the company could have with him in but a year's time.

Sting vs Undertaker

Sting vs CM Punk

Sting vs Triple H

Sting vs Randy Orton

Sting vs Edge

Sting vs Big Show

Sting vs Chris Jericho (pending return)

Sting vs The Miz

Sting vs John Cena

Sting vs Kane

Sting vs Rey Mysterio

Among many other candidates.

Make him a 'special attraction' who appears only at 'big events' like big TV tapings and Pay-per-view shows.

Make each appearance the 'big deal' that it should be, while making a ton of money marketing merchandise and selling DVD's.

I think it's a huge win-win for everyone.

Yes I think it would be great and work out well. Sting has always kept himself in shape and would work a limited schedule, there are several big matches he could do and finish his career off in style before going into the HOF.

Right now the focus is on the supposed youth movement but it wouldn't hurt to have a legend like Sting involved for one year as these guys continue to grow, as really bar Taker and Triple H there aren't many guys that can give them the rub.

Sting didnt want to join WWE when they first bought WCW cuz of how Vince treated the WCW talent like second rate & how the WWE product was offensive to his religion...its 10 years later & Sting is 10 years old...WWE is now PG so it would be a good an bad thing if he goes to WWE

Good:
he can restablish himself as a top talent and one of the greats(who really wants to retire as a member of TNA if they are a wrestling great?)
reintroduce himself to casual wrestling fans
get another chance to make big money(WWE can pay more than TNA)

Bad:
hes older
matches may not be as good
him going to WWE may not be what everyone thinks

if Sting didnt like WWE content 9-10 years ago he must LOVE the TNA content especially with the Jarrett and Angle stuff

Even though Sting can barely move, he still has this awesome presence. As much as I want to see him back in TNA, they could do a ton of new stuff with him in WWE, including of course a feud with Undertaker. It sounds awesome on paper but at the same time, neither of them can really work anymore. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I dont think it would be that great. I mean it sounds AMAZING!

Guys did you hear, Sting joined WWE !

But you have to understand, Borden is what, 53? He wouldn't be able to put on the show he was able to ten years ago. And even if he DID join the WWE, I doubt he'd be live for a long time, like I mentioned before, he's at the age that its difficult to wrestle.

Also, he's the most famous wreslting name to not sign with Vince McMahon. If I were him, and this might upset and anger alot of people, I wouldn't join WWE knowing that I have a reputation of that caliber.

If he had left for WWE a long time ago when WCW folded, it would be a different matter. They had Austin, The Rock, Angle, and were firing on all cylinders in terms of creativity. Today they absolutley suck in that department.

I saw him say in an interview, he spoke to Vince but was less than confident he would be (or his character) would be used the right way. Looking at a number of performers who went to WWE, he has a right to be skeptical. Vader, Booker, Steiner among others have been horribly used by the company in spite of their abilities as performers. The politics are a huge problem and most people who have been there will tell you, they have a hard time being allowed to voice their opinions about how to tweak their characte. Why should he leave TNA, where he is allowed input to go to a totally dictatorial type of environment ? He has made a lot of money, he has a decent schedule, I'd stay with TNA, he doesn't need WWE. It might be helpful to go there and do a 'Best of Sting' DVD, since Vince does own the footage of him in WCW, other than that I wouldn't go there.

It wouldn't be great at all. Everyone would give that initial pop out of nostalgia and you would get to see some cool matches but he is WAY TO OLD. I really wish I could have seen him in WWF ten years ago but it didn't happen. Imagine taker vs sting both in their primes ten years ago.

It wouldn't be good at any time. AS long as the people there continue to do business the way they do business and deal with talent in the company from WCW, in the manner they did, it would be a complete waste of his abilities. I think it would've been awesome if he and Steiner had joined during the invasion angle, but more than likely he would've been screwed into some crappy storyline to feed McMahon's ego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back