• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Mr. McMahon Have Become A Superstar?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
He wrestles frequently now. But does anyone think he would have been huge if he'd wrestled from an earlier age? Obviously as the owner of the company he could push himself to be the star of a company. So judge your opinion as if he wasn't the owner of the company.

Personally I think he would have been. He's charismatic, roided up, average in the ring. He's everything you could ever want from a main eventer. And I might be in the minority here. But I dont think there's ever been a Vince match that hasn't been entertaining. Yeah sure the less is more approach would be better to most of his matches. Some of them drag, and there's no need for that many short cuts. But he's had more entertaining matches than Hogan imo.

Well on one hand I certainly have to agree with you that every Mr.Mcmahon match is utterly entertaining, and vince is willing to take some pretty nasty bumps...Vinces charisma is off the charts, and I would venture to say that he gets the most consistently good heel heat of anyone...

On the other hand I would actually say he is less than average in ring worker, and besides selling, doesnt do too much very well from a technical standpoint..and I guess its just hard for me to imagine vince without being the Mr. Mcmahon character, and thriving with it...Dont get me wrong I think mcmahon himself is as responsible for the sucess of the character as the character itself, but I just cant see one without the other...its the fact that vince IS the owner of the company, and is willing to take huge bumps and make a total ass of himself on a pretty regular basis, is what makes Mr.Mcmahon great to me...Im not sure if I could imagine him with any other gimmick, as just a regular part of the roster...

Hmmm...a roided up guy, very charismatic, limited in ring ability and able to get a crowd reaction. Are we talking about Vince or Hulk? :lol2:

Seriusly though, if Vince would have become a wrestler (without owning the company) I doubt he'd be as successful as he's been. He's even more one dimensional as a "wrestler" than Khali or Giant Gonzalez and he's half their size. Can you imagine him trying some other wrestlers gimmicks though?

"Well, watcha gonna do, brutha, when the largest grapefruits in the world run wild on youuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

"Ohhhhh Yeeeeeeahhhhh! I'm the Macho McMahon! Dig it!"

"To be the McMahon, you have to beat the McMahon!"

Sorry, it's early! :twocents:

Seriusly though, if Vince would have become a wrestler (without owning the company) I doubt he'd be as successful as he's been. He's even more one dimensional as a "wrestler" than Khali or Giant Gonzalez and he's half their size. Can you imagine him trying some other wrestlers gimmicks though?

"Well, watcha gonna do, brutha, when the largest grapefruits in the world run wild on youuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

"Ohhhhh Yeeeeeeahhhhh! I'm the Macho McMahon! Dig it!"

"To be the McMahon, you have to beat the McMahon!"

Sorry, it's early! :twocents:

I honestly don't think you're giving Vince McMahon enough credit. I'll admit, I have to side away from believing he'd be a "great" wrestler, or even a Main Eventer.. but he is far more entertaining than any "Giant" in the business, outside of Big Show. Mr. McMahon doesn't fully need carried through matches, unlike Khali, or the Giant Gonzalez did.

McMahon has better mic. skills than Lashley, Batista, & even Randy Orton combined. (yes, Orton's mic. skills aren't exactly impressive)

And while the man isn't going to win awards for MOTY, or even MOTN(ight) he has tons of charisma to carry those matches with the fans getting behind him, or on him. More so then the current Tag Team, Women's & Cruiserweight Divisions combined.

So NO, he'd never be the star of the company & he'd never see the Main Event spot light if it wasn't for his ownership.. however, he would see more ring action than the likes of Giant Gonzalez, Great Khali, Cody Rhodes, & most likely the Women's & Cruiserweight Division.

well then he would be wasted wouldnt he? The Mr.Mcmahon character as of now is main event quality, at least on the weekly shows, if not the PPVs...and on PPVs he is near the top of the card, becuase of the craziness that ensues in his matches...I highly doubt it would be the same effect if he didnt play the character he did...but then again, guys who have less charisma and mic skill, and close to the same in ring skill (cena, batista) are at the top of the game right now...who knows??? all I know is every last one of our favorite Mr mcmahon memories wouldnt be the same without him being MR MCMAHON....by the way, I think the period of time when Mr mcmahon was wearing a doo rag is highly underrated from a hilarity standpoint lol but I digress...I dont think that wouldve had the same effect if he wasnt Mr Mcmahon, owner of the company, dork ass rich white guy...it would just be some dummy in a doo rag...

Mr Mcmahon a star in the eighties, early ninties just would not work wrestling seemed a lot different back then to what it is now, i mean he wasn't as big back then as he is now, and i think introducin his family into the business like having shane with him in matches really has built up his character, and the purchase of wcw sent his ego of the rails

I'm sure Vince McMahon would have become a professional wrestler in a much earlier age if it weren't for his father. Vince Jr could of been in the league of Verne Gagne as an active wrestler/owner. Seeing Vince started wrestling at a very old age, I'm sure if he would have learned the importance of professional wrestling from first hand at a much younger age and learned the ropes, the business would most likely be better and Vince could of been an actual decent star back in the day.

In my mind, there is no way that Vince McMahon, had he chosen to, would not have been one of the most memorable wrestlers of all time. The guys UNDERSTANDS WRESTLING! That cannot be trivialized. He instinctively knows what people want. He understands how to get a reaction from them. He knows how to work a crowd VERY well.

He's completely garbage in the ring in terms of any kind of style, stiffness, selling etc. But, he understands the abstract part of the game. He understands storytelling, and psychology. He knows how to work the crowd. He is intuitively good at the intangibles that so many wrestlers never understand. And, if he had been a pro wrestler, he would have had training to work on all the other things.

If he had chosen to, or been allowed to, Vince McMahon would have ended up as one of the biggest names in professional wrestling history. No doubt about that in my mind at all.

Hmmm...a roided up guy, very charismatic, limited in ring ability and able to get a crowd reaction. Are we talking about Vince or Hulk? :lol2:
It has to be Vince.

Hulk Hogan was very talented in the ring.

Vince would have been huge. I mean he's done it as a broadcaster. He's done it as a personality. He's done it as a wrestler, but not to the extent that he could have done. However of course, things will have totally changed!

Crazy to ponder.

I don't remember McMahon being too much before the feud w/ Austin. I remember him from the Montreal Screw job, and very vaguely as a commentator. If he always had as much charisma as some of you say, I think I'd remember him well from his commentator days.

McMahon didn't just have charisma, it came w/ the MSJ. W/o that incident, their probably is no Mr.McMahon, no corporate, no Austin vs McMahon feud, possibly no Austin, and this thread doesn't exist.

I've never seen hi do anything technical in the ring, it doesn't seem like the most agile guy, and if you don't think he's on roids soemthings wrong.

So, IMHO, he doesn't become a star at all. And the stardom that he has now, he owes to Bret Hart for the lugey in his face.

I think Vince would have made one heck of a heel back in the days..I have been watching wrestling since the 80's and if Vince had been a heel wrestler that would have made some great matchs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back