Would make for some great entertainment....

dwith

Pre-Show Stalwart
Here's the thing... I was thinking last night about the whole IMMORTALS angle with no one to really battle them.

Now we know KEVIN NASH, STING, KURT ANGLE, are all but gone except Angle might be taking sometime off(not sure). But are they gone, or is it another swerve??

What I would love to see is that MAIN EVENT MAFIA (MEM), reform as a face stable consisiting off NASH,HALL,STING,ANGLE,POPE,DREAMER,SAMOA JOE,BOOKER T and a couple other faces to battle THE IMMORTALS. I think that would make for some incredible tv time, and some great matches, and MEM would basically be boosting all of the young talent on the TNA roster, because some of them are part of the IMMORTAL'S and some are apart of MEM.

Alot of tv time for the everyone involved. Alot of great matches

I would love to see this type of scenerio, and maybe we will be.. No telling.

So my question is..

Would anyone else like to see something like this happen? Dp you think it could work right now? I personally think it would be awesome.

Sounds good on paper (except for Dreamer), but then I remind myself that a lot of these guys can't put on a top tier match anymore, and it becomes less appealing. Sting needs to recover from an injury, Nash is slower than ever, who knows how Hall is doing. Samoa Joe bores me to death. Angle, Pope, maybe Anderson?

I guess if the older guys were just there for star power to counteract Hogan, Bischoff, and Flair, maybe.

It's certainly not any worse than other ideas. But unfortunately it'll probably just end up being EV2 and other random guys against Immortal.

It's a horrible idea. TNA has all the (young) guys to make this work. The older guys, like Sting, Angle and Nash should help them in the same way that the old guys are helping Immortal.

EV2 need to have little to do with this angle, except maybe being beaten up and put Immortal over.

Ideally Fortune would end up leading the charge against them but even looking outside the group, there is enough talent like Pope, Young and Lethal to face upto them as well.

I was thinking the same thing the other day: A Reformation of the Main Event Mafia.
I was thinking, yea you have Angle, Nash, and Sting all come back at the same time. Of course you won't have Booker and Scott Stiener. Unless they come back too, but lets say they don't. So Angle, nash, Sting start to recruit guys, They pick up Anderson, Pope, maybe MCMG's. and then I think kinda like how "They" joined "Fourtune" to make "The IMMORTALS". I think the "MEM" would Join RVD and "EV2" maybe Think of a new name, maybe not, but that was just kinda along the lines I was thinking. I do think guys will be jumping ship though, mainly AJ Styles... at least I want him to.

Like blackmetalbuick said most of the guys you mentioned to be in MEM can't put on a decent match anymore. If I were to name the members it would be these guys:

Sting and Nash (Fair, Bischoff and Hogan of the group),
Angle,
Anderson,
RVD,
Joe,
MCMG (feud with Beer Money),
Rob Terry.

I think this could be the team to try and take on "The Immortals", it has some big names in it so they can actually look like they can take "The Immortals". I think EV2 should now piss off because they're just a waste.

Anyway to answer the actual question I would like to see a team take on "The Immortals" and having Sting, Nash and Angle "leaving" they could have a swerve and actually form their own team to take on "The Immortals".

No, the last thing we need is to have an old stable come back and take the charge. We just need the main guys who are entangled in this to step up and take them out. As seen this past Thursday, having that many guys in one group took up most of the show, leaving little to no room for the other storylines. EV2 shouldn't be in this angle either, if anything they need to get beaten down and taken off tv. While it is a good idea I just don't think this would really work out in the long run.

I think something similar, at the very least, WILL take place. It has to! Someone has to oppose this group of Hogan's. Otherwise it would be horribly boring.

I think whatever the group is that forms, whether it's a reformation of a group like MEM or something totally new. AJ Styles needs to be the front man for this group.

Even if the Face group consists of Angle, Sting and Nash, I think AJ needs to be the main head. This is really the time TNA needs AJ at the front of the company. With TNA being "The house AJ built" and what not, when someone comes in to take the company over, HE should be the 1st one to fight for TNA.

If TNA does not have this go down, AJ will lose credibility along with TNA. This is truly the time for AJ to really become a legitimate star in the business. Sure he is known, but he is no where near being a name like Cena, Orton, Jericho, HHH, or even Batista.

AJ needs to be the one guy, if only one can prosper from this whole thing, that becomes the TRUE Face of TNA. Not just in words and highlights, but the actual FACE of the company in merch and voice!!!!

Aren't MEM a bit too similar to Immortals to be considered the 'saviours' of TNA? I mean, they wanted to take over TNA and often used the acclaim they gained from other promotions as to why they were better than everyone else?

It's an interesting idea but there is no way TNA are smart enough to pull this off. It would take some very creative writing to make this work without anyone thinking, 'Hang on a minute, weren't they doing the same thing last year?'
That being said, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Angle could return, cut a promo about the MEM feuding with Front Line, then say how much he came to respect the company/wrestlers and wants to look out for them then brings out the next MEM arrangement (different name though, has to be).

I have been watching TNA for years, will continue to watch it to see how this present angle goes, but they really aren't doing themselves any favours to be seen as a credible threat anymore with these kind of storylines.

with all the worked/shoot stuff going on it will be hard to say if any of this will work because we aren't going to be clear on what is happening. bringing back MEM could work but not likely. this is the time to start pushing the younger stars. i hope that is the plan but it will more likely be a flux of wwe cast-offs that come in behind dixie and feud with them.
probelm with all of this is the storyline will have to play out for a while before anything can be done to turn the tide so to speak. tna is not known to work long storylines well.
i hope this will all lead to daddy bob(or someone playing the part) showing up with someone(i.e. piper in the wcw days) and will clean house. that would work save the fact that no one really knows or cares who bob carter is. could work though.

I think ultimately, now that he has been terminated from his WWE contract, that Matt Hardy will be brought in to save TNA from his brother unfortunately...

(Sorry, but I'm not a fan of either Hardy...)

Right now there is no real group to counter-act Immortal (let alone Fortune). Ev2 just doesn't cut it.

Styles needs to be the leader against Immortal. Perhaps Sting can convince him to leave. I mean, they never really did have a falling out so it would make sense.

The TNA faction would then consist of Styles leading, with Joe, Angle, D'Angelo, and Anderson as big time players as well. Sting and Nash would come back, mainly to feud with Hogan and Flair. They'd give support to Styles while also giving some of the 'advice from similar battles they had with Hogan'.

Here's the thing... I was thinking last night about the whole IMMORTALS angle with no one to really battle them.

Now we know KEVIN NASH, STING, KURT ANGLE, are all but gone except Angle might be taking sometime off(not sure). But are they gone, or is it another swerve??

Angle just signed a new 1 year deal with TNA right before BFG so you can bet he's going to be back, Nash recently said in an interview with PWR that he currently doesn't have a contract, and that's why he's gone, he hasn't ruled out a return to TNA but at the same time it sounded like he might be hinting at another run in WWE, possibly returning at the RR, as for Sting I think he's recovering from an injury right now, have no idea if he'll be back or not

What I would love to see is that MAIN EVENT MAFIA (MEM), reform as a face stable consisiting off NASH,HALL,STING,ANGLE,POPE,DREAMER,SAMOA JOE,BOOKER T and a couple other faces to battle THE IMMORTALS. I think that would make for some incredible tv time, and some great matches, and MEM would basically be boosting all of the young talent on the TNA roster, because some of them are part of the IMMORTAL'S and some are apart of MEM.

A few problems with this

A.)Dreamer has never ever been considered a ME guy, and Pope is just now becoming a true Main eventer, as is Anderson, so having them in a group called the Main Event Mafia, really makes very little sense

B.)Last time I saw Hall he was in horraible shape, and looked like he would even be able to make through a 5 min. promo with having to stop and catch his breath, let alone doing anything in the ring

C.)Booker T is not even with the company atm, does he even have any interest coming back?

D.)the Mafia part of the name, Mafia is not generally a word that is associated with good guys, usually or rather almost always the Mafia is looked at as the bad guys, so having a face group with Mafia in their name once again just doesn't make much sense

Alot of tv time for the everyone involved. Alot of great matches

That's debatable, look at this past week, so much time had to be spent on promos for everything relating to this angle so far that the rest of the show basically ceased to exist, and hardly any matches, let alone "great" matches

I would love to see this type of scenerio, and maybe we will be.. No telling.

With the way TNA books, literally anything is possible

So my question is..

Would anyone else like to see something like this happen?

I wouldn't for reasons I've already explained

Dp you think it could work right now?

Not really, but that doesn't mean TNA wouldn't try and do it, god knows they've been willing to try every other stupid kind of angle, match type, and stable you could think of

Personally I think that Pope is going to try and get everyone that Immortal has fucked over together on on the same page, go with the whole "we have the same enemy lets fight them together" thing, and I think he will get a shaky alliance going with Anderson, RVD, Joe, and eventually Angle (Wouldn't be shocked to see Sting back in a couple months as well), and I'm fine with that, it makes sense, now what I would really like to see is guys like Lethal, MMCG, Hernadez, & possibly Foley all join the cause as well, and possibly get guys like Homicide, Daniels, & maybe Monty Brown and DDP (I have no idea what either are up to right now, or if they are in good enough shape to deleiver in the ring), the veterans should mostly be used to put over younger talent and guide their stables to victory, this means guys like Hogan, Flair, Foley, DDP, etc. would ultimately be in the corners of the younger guys and just lending name value to the card to attract more of the mainstream fans that may not know who the newer guys are yet

I think this is not a good idea. Simply because MEM was already done and it would generate further opinions that TNA really has no new ideas. Currently, some people complain that TNA is rehashing nWo storyline. Although I don't agree with them, I can imagine what would they say if TNA returned to MEM. I don't know what TNA is planing and who is going to fight The Immortals. IMO, Bicshoff should turn on Hogan. This is very simple idea, because it appears that they are sharing power right now, and I think it won't be long before someone will want to have full, 100% control of TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back