Would Anyone Like To See the BFG Series as a Tournament Instead?

Would You Like To See The BFG Series A Tournament

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rassling Fan 1974

Dark Match Jobber
I been thinking about this for awhile. A tournament makes more sense to me than the points system there currently using. 3 weeks leading to the PPV have 16 wrestlers compete in the tournament. The final match being at the BFG PPV. Making the winner No. 1 contender for the belt. Would be some great matchs along the way to the finals. The current point system bores me to death. They have enough talent on the roster to put on some great matchs. But I'd like to hear other fans thoughts on this. I think this would work

A tournament is generic and once a wrestler loses: that's it. Back into the shuffle. While I'm not overly found of the concept, the BFG series offers something different.

The current TNA roster is thin meaning every person in the series could be a legit challenger. Who knows what will happen between now and when the series stars. They could sign talent as well as releasing some high profile names. The World title will probably change half a dozen times too.

However, Hardy, Angle, Joe, Roode, Ray, Storm, Gunner, EC3, Anderson, Abyss, Kenny King, Lashely is a decent group of wrestlers and there is potential for some good quality matches.

A tournament is generic and once a wrestler loses: that's it. Back into the shuffle. While I'm not overly found of the concept, the BFG series offers something different.

The current TNA roster is thin meaning every person in the series could be a legit challenger. Who knows what will happen between now and when the series stars. They could sign talent as well as releasing some high profile names. The World title will probably change half a dozen times too.

However, Hardy, Angle, Joe, Roode, Ray, Storm, Gunner, EC3, Anderson, Abyss, Kenny King, Lashely is a decent group of wrestlers and there is potential for some good quality matches.

I understand what your saying. But to me BFG full of meaningless matchs. Make each match important. Some matchs IMO in the series are just filler. As a fan I know that wrestlers not making the final four. In a tournament you can throw some curves to the fans with upsets. You can also build new talent by having them get a win over a veteren wrestler. It's only once a year. Everythings going to reset after the PPV anyway. But I get what your saying

No, not really, because Round Robin style tourneys are one-and-done, which not only makes determining a winner a lot easier when you look at the match-ups, but takes away a lot of the unpredictability of the points-based system they're using now, which effectively eliminates guys from contention way too early in the story telling process. If Storm is pinned in round one, for example, he's done. Not just in the series, but why care about him going forward? Nothing's really going to come of him unless he just goes Samoa Joe and tries to fuck over every other competitor because he's angry. And even then, it's not all that compelling. Certainly not more than the idea of him being within a few points toward the end and fucking over very specific competitors to make sure he remains at the top.

I know it's a little tough to follow, and I'm not sure how best they could simplify it, but the idea should remain as is right now, just slightly tweaked if they can to make it as easy as possible on viewers. Maybe it's as simple as a 1/2/3 point system instead of the arbitrary numbers they are using now to develop football scores by the end of it. 10 points for submission victory, 7 points for a pinfall victory, 5 points for a countout victory, 3 points for a DQ victory, 2 points for a draw, and minus 10 points for a DQ loss is a lot to remember for your average viewer. I mean, I'm above average, and even I had to Google it, because I couldn't remember it.

So maybe you just simplify it to a three point system — three points for submission, two points for pin fall victory, 1 point for countout, draw or DQ victory (and obviously zero for any type of loss). Forget the negative, and forget the idea of having to have guys finish the series with 50, 60, 70 points. Just do it sports standings style, except in the three-point format instead of the two-point format.

Simplifying the pts system would be a good move, I would also reduce the number of wrestlers in the BFG Series to 8 or 9.

Have a tag-match setup for the qualifiers like the joker wild series. Imagine if the 'mystery draw' paired The Wolves v Beer Money or Bully Ray/Jeff 'Willow' Hardy vs Angle/Joe.

Impact alone would be worth watching for them qualifiers.

If they made the BFG like King of The Ring I'd be all for it. The one thing TNA usually does right are Tournaments. 10-15 minute time limit but I'd like to see it be double elimination where the loosers fight each other in a seperate bracket and the winner from there has to wrestle the winner of the main bracket as a spin on the whole thing. 8-10 people max, finals at a ppv

It's convoluted and too long. As far as creativity, uniqueness and something that'll put someone over, I feel a simple King Of The Mountain match between 4-6 people would do the job far better than anything else. It's a well known TNA match with a good amount of history and simple and to the point.

Can't TNA just copy New Japan's G1 Climax Tournament?

The G1 makes nearly every match matter. Simplifies the scoring (2 points for win, 1 for draw & 0 for loss).

Only thing I would do is use a tournament for the Final Four. Maybe a 4-Way Elimination match.

I like the round robin tournament for the BFG series, I just think the points system is confusing.

If they made the BFG like King of The Ring I'd be all for it. The one thing TNA usually does right are Tournaments. 10-15 minute time limit but I'd like to see it be double elimination where the loosers fight each other in a seperate bracket and the winner from there has to wrestle the winner of the main bracket as a spin on the whole thing. 8-10 people max, finals at a ppv

Like your idea of making it more like King Of The Ring and just drop the point system. I think this would be more interesting to me

I like the idea of the series, I just think they need to simplify it a bit. It seems to take forever and then there are too many of those gimmick matches where the winner suddenly gets a ton of points which is a little weird since not everyone gets a chance to be in those matches - doesn't come across as fair. I think maybe bring in some tournament aspects to it to liven things up - after say the first month, the bottom third are eliminated and then maybe you eliminate the lowest person every week or so until you are down to your final 4. It would still allow you some room to play but eliminate those filler matches. But I do think it is a good idea - gives an automatic storyline to everyone in it so even if you are not in a feud, you have a reason to be on tv.

I'm just a big fan of the point bfg series, it just works it actually gets me interested in the product. so i vote no tournaments are so overdone and so boring sometimes, this way it makes every match count and just cause you get cheated out of a match you still got more matches to fall back on, it reminds me of being a overall number 1 contender instead of a fluke victory, one thing to note though is a face always wins the series for once i would like to see a heel win the thing, it would spice it up.

It's one of the few things tna is doing right every year so i suggest they keep it the same, it would be like messing with the royal rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back