• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would A Tag Rumble Work?

go_patriots11

Occasional Pre-Show
I know this sounds silly but before the heat comes hear me out. Hearing that WWE wants to revamp the tag division, and their tendency to put random tag teams together, I had this idea. It's basically a royal rumbe, but only the last 2 men in the ring have to form a tag team. You could even take it one step further and give them the titles. This could go so many ways but I think it would be cool if two superstars that you wouldnt normally see together (face/heel) with good chemistry in the ring won it, and had to work out their differences.
Opinions?

I've moved this thread because I really just don't understand it. Are you saying that the WWE should spend money, PPV time, and effort on creating an entire Royal Rumble for the purpose of creating one tag team?? Seriously??

I don't think the concept is that outlandish, but I don't honestly like it.

We've seen tag teams made from anonymous groupings, Beer Money being the one in my mind.

But, it's a little too obvious they'd run the odd couple storyline, not to mention when you pair up odd couples they hurt the belts usually (Miz/Morrison being the ones in recent history that made the belts look good).

It's happened before.

The last 2 combatants in a Battle Royal on the Mania XV pre-show Sunday Night Heat teamed up for a Tag Title shot. D-Lo Brown and Test faced off with Jeff Jarrett and Owen Hart.

It didn't work because it's stupid. You end up putting 2 people that may hate each other.

That was just a battle royal. The OP suggested a Royal Rumble.

Yes, the OP should have said battle royal instead of saying "It's basically a royal rumbe (sic)," but I never got the impression he was suggesting "the WWE should spend money, PPV time, and effort on creating an entire Royal Rumble for the purpose of creating one tag team." I didn't get that impression because he said his idea is "basically" a Royal Rumble, and you shouldn't have either. I understand that the Royal Rumble is a PPV event and the battle royal at that event, and a regular battle royal is different. Maybe you should have just read more closely....I don't know.

I realize this wasn't necessary and accomplished nothing, but I don't care. Get over yourselves and enjoy some wrestling.

I want to say no, but then I realise that both TNA and ROH have done some similarly convoluted thing like this but since I have no interest in looking them up to see if they suck or not, I'm going to say no it's a terrible idea.

That was just a battle royal. The OP suggested a Royal Rumble.
but the idea is one in the same. Lets have a huge over the top rope match where the last 2 people left, instead of fighting to win an individual prize, fight together to win a team prize, even though there's a good chance they don't like each other, or have no reason to ever team together.

It failed in 1999, and it would fail again. The problem isn't that you're putting 2 people who may be feuding together (that can have a short-term success), it's putting people that have absolutely no reason to be together, together.

but the idea is one in the same. Lets have a huge over the top rope match where the last 2 people left, instead of fighting to win an individual prize, fight together to win a team prize, even though there's a good chance they don't like each other, or have no reason to ever team together.

It failed in 1999, and it would fail again. The problem isn't that you're putting 2 people who may be feuding together (that can have a short-term success), it's putting people that have absolutely no reason to be together, together.

Agreed. The idea is stupid to begin with but I just wanted to point out that the idea was also stupid from top to bottom.

It's something out of the ordinary and opens some nice opportunities, so why not? Puts some focus on the tag division and gives lower card guys something to do. You shouldn't have higher card guys in it, because it wouldn't take them anywhere and the titles should be the price, because otherwise there's no reward for the effort.

There could be an angle where two of the last three guys are already a team, but the odd one out manages to toss a team member over the ropes. So in the following time, the third member tries to get back into the team (jealousy) while the new team delevops a chemistryor the champions try to get each other out of the team and hold the titles alone (or with the old friend).

Or make a team of members who don't like each other but get closer with time, become friends and a strong unity. At least that'd build a team up from the bottom.

It's something out of the ordinary and opens some nice opportunities, so why not? Puts some focus on the tag division and gives lower card guys something to do. You shouldn't have higher card guys in it, because it wouldn't take them anywhere and the titles should be the price, because otherwise there's no reward for the effort.

There could be an angle where two of the last three guys are already a team, but the odd one out manages to toss a team member over the ropes. So in the following time, the third member tries to get back into the team (jealousy) while the new team delevops a chemistryor the champions try to get each other out of the team and hold the titles alone (or with the old friend).

Or make a team of members who don't like each other but get closer with time, become friends and a strong unity. At least that'd build a team up from the bottom.

There are plenty of ways to do all of these without wasting time on a battle royal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back