• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would a Lesnar VS Orton feud have any potential?

Ubermensch

Pre-Show Stalwart
Seeming as how Lesnar is will inevitably get a title shot here soon, what potential would the WWE have with a brief Lesnar v. Orton feud?

The reason I ask that, is because the greater part of the year has been much of the same with Randy Orton having bouted Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Cena several times.

Since Lesnar is on track for a title shot here soon, I imagine he will beat the Big Show in their feud.

Given the time frame, I don't see how it would play out with the Elimination Chamber, and then a build up to Wrestlemania (no one would want to see it at Wrestlemania). However, I think an Orton versus Lesnar feud would give the WWE a unique opportunity for a heel versus heel angle that would pit the Heyman Family against Orton and The Shield.

I don't see Orton vs. Lesnar as a money match. Mostly because I don't see any money in Orton. But it is a feud I'd like to see.

If Orton hadn't turned hell, I would've predicted a match between the two for about now or SummerSlam. As it stands, with them both being heel, I think we're looking at another year before it happens. Neither is turning face in the near future and WWE won't do a heel vs. heel match between the two.

I don't see Orton vs. Lesnar as a money match. Mostly because I don't see any money in Orton.

I don't think the money is in the Orton/Lesnar match either, mainly for the same reason.

But there is money in match, mostly on the back end. Say you put the belt on Lesnar (which is really the only route that makes any sense), the title defense, against whoever it may be, almost assuredly makes money.

Especially if it's Batista/Cena/Taker. There's money in those dudes, especially at WM.

If I'm booking, Batista wins the Rumble. Lesnar takes the belt at Elimination Chamber. Lesnar/Batista for the strap at Mania. I'm not sure who goes over there, and I don't think it very much matters.

I wouldn't mind the match and feud, I think it could bring out a side of Orton we haven't seen before. But not only that it would be the perfect match for a face turn, either Orton or Lesnar turning face, if it were to happen leading into WM30, unless it happened after.

If I'm booking, Batista wins the Rumble. Lesnar takes the belt at Elimination Chamber. Lesnar/Batista for the strap at Mania. I'm not sure who goes over there, and I don't think it very much matters.

No way. Those guys don't need to be in a match for a title for it to be a big deal.

No way. Those guys don't need to be in a match for a title for it to be a big deal.

But either would be a far more interesting (and attention grabbing) champion than Orton or Cena.

That's why the belt should be involved. That kind of shit matters to casual viewers.

I think it will happen eventually, Orton is still a top star and a credible opponent for Lesnar. But like others have said it wouldn't work with both of them are heels right now. Maybe heading into Summerslam they could have Orton turn on Triple H and go back face. They could bill it as the youngest WWE Champion in history against the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in history. Its definitely a potential dream match but it needs to have the right build up.

Not interested personally. Orton's monotone voice combined with Lesnar's lack of mic skills would make the feud very dull indeed. It would not really work IMO, you Orton as a heel and Lesnar as a heel and both have completely different styles in the ring. I don't see it as a big money match.

If VKM is insistent that there are 'no more faces or heels' in WWE, then he might try and push this idea forward by pushing for Orton vs Lesnar, but I don't see any value in it. Orton is no good to anyone right now while he's overshadowed by HHH and The Authority.

It'll be interesting to see how they book Lesnar against the winner at RR, either Cena or Orton. While it's easy to do a Cena vs Lesnar typical heel and face storyline - I think it'd be fun to watch Paul Heyman get into the head of Orton and see how that goes. But seeing as Paul Heyman and Lesnar where very friendly with HHH a couple of weeks ago on their return, does it really seem likely that they're going to turn around after RR and go after Orton, who is The Authority's 'guy' so to speak? I just don't see it.

This is the match ive wanted to see since he returned. Mostly orton vs dwayne but this is close. It was originally suppose to happen at summerslam but hhh wanted the spot light and crappy feud

This match could have been a big deal a year or two ago when Orton was a face but now as as the Autorities WWE Champion, I can't see this match happening anytime. I can see Lesner getting in Ortons face and maybe they face each other in an Elimination Chamber or another multi- man match but I can't see a one on one match happening for a while.

orton vs any one is not worthy. Heel vs heel for wwe title is zero sense match for any ppv. If lesnar be the authority champion then that match can happened for storyline purpose. Then cmpunk vs lesnar or taker vs lesnar at wm is make sense.

HOW ABOUT THIS
After royal rumble brock defeat orton. triple h wants brock to win bcoz its best for business but setph and vince not like brock bcoz of past story. It will make brock with hhh and heyman vs orton with vince and steph for wwe title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back